Kogan Lcd Tv's

Yeah thats what the LG technicians told me about my 50 inch plasma, but I got that working at 1366x768 ! :blink:

Birdie

So your next step is obvious, buy one and test it and let us all know or go straight to Kogan who may blow smoke up your rear.

Either way, it's a massive screen and I'll be buying one soon.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man, I think you will find this 46" only supports 1280x720 @ 60Hz via PC, thats the specs on the website.

Hi - I have bought the 46" Kogan LCD back in Dec 06 - I am happy with it so far, but last night tried to connect the new Playstation 3 to the LCD TV directly via the HDMI cable from PS3 to TV.

Now, the picture was crap being all 'monochroned' green and blurry when we tried to get a picture from the PS3 for any reason. I can't work out why this has happened at all, but when I transfered the video signal through the RCA yellow video connection (the sound is digital optical from the PS3 to the Amp), the picture was perfect in colour and clarity etc, but the quality isn't as good as it would be through a HDMI cable. I have called Kogan 3 times with you no answer/response, so i thought I'd throw it out to anyone to see if they have had the same problems or know of a way of fixing it.

Email is graeme@hedges-assetplanning.com

Many thanks

graeme

Hi - I have bought the 46" Kogan LCD back in Dec 06 - I am happy with it so far, but last night tried to connect the new Playstation 3 to the LCD TV directly via the HDMI cable from PS3 to TV.

Now, the picture was crap being all 'monochroned' green and blurry when we tried to get a picture from the PS3 for any reason. I can't work out why this has happened at all, but when I transfered the video signal through the RCA yellow video connection (the sound is digital optical from the PS3 to the Amp), the picture was perfect in colour and clarity etc, but the quality isn't as good as it would be through a HDMI cable. I have called Kogan 3 times with you no answer/response, so i thought I'd throw it out to anyone to see if they have had the same problems or know of a way of fixing it.

Email is graeme@hedges-assetplanning.com

Many thanks

graeme

Could this have anything to do with the various HDMI versions (HDCP compliant etc) or did the PS3 require an adjustment to the resolution it was attempting to send?

Is there a way to adjust HDMI on the PS3 to 1080i and not 1080p??? Just a thought.

Hello,

I am sorry if this is off topic but i am new and can't start a new thread apparently.

Has anyone seen or know about LUBEK 46" LCD TV's.

They are on ebay for about $2400

the specs look okay but I'm a bit suspicious of no name brands

it claims a Sony panel blah blah

it is a lot of screen for the money

here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-46-117cm-EMP-46...1QQcmdZViewItem

Hello,

I am sorry if this is off topic but i am new and can't start a new thread apparently.

Has anyone seen or know about LUBEK 46" LCD TV's.

They are on ebay for about $2400

the specs look okay but I'm a bit suspicious of no name brands

it claims a Sony panel blah blah

it is a lot of screen for the money

here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-46-117cm-EMP-46...1QQcmdZViewItem

Not heard anything about LUBEK.

Though for $2400, you could pick up a Kogan 46" with 3 year warranty and almost delivery with the recent ebay auction prices, they are hitting around the $2K mark with $300 for 3 year warranty and a crazy $160 for delivery, though you can pickup if in Melbourne. Some lucky bugga won a Kogan 46" for $1550, how nice is that.

Not heard anything about LUBEK.

Though for $2400, you could pick up a Kogan 46" with 3 year warranty and almost delivery with the recent ebay auction prices, they are hitting around the $2K mark with $300 for 3 year warranty and a crazy $160 for delivery, though you can pickup if in Melbourne. Some lucky bugga won a Kogan 46" for $1550, how nice is that.

Thanks for that - they are tempting as well however,there seems to be a lot of derision regarding the Kogan's on other threads and I'm a bit sceptical.It's a nuisance not being able to go and have a look at them.

Thanks for that - they are tempting as well however,there seems to be a lot of derision regarding the Kogan's on other threads and I'm a bit sceptical.It's a nuisance not being able to go and have a look at them.

Yeah I'm a little concerned about some of the no show posts from Kogan when asked directly for answers re: specs or warranty etc.

It sounds more like a case of a small company trying to woo in a big response in an effort to make some quick $$$ and then who knows what will happen to them.

Their claims of 2 hour business response sounds way too good to be true and this appears to be the case with most people on here.

Will they be around for long?? with these awesome prices for a 46" probably, though it could be the lack of response/customer support that may hurt them in the long run.

Maybe the extra for extended warranty might be a waste, especially if they don't plan on sticking around for the long haul. Let's see what happens.

It's a risk which ever way you look at it, even brand names have probs, I just want reliable support to back up the unit and I'll buy one immediately.

• 2 weeks later...

As an employee at Kogan Technologies, I would just like to point out that we have relocated to a larger office and can now offer LCD TV viewings (along with our other products). We schedule these viewings by appointment only, and if you would like to take a look at our range of LCD TVs I would suggest emailling sales@kogan.com.au with an appropriate subject.

Yeah I'm a little concerned about some of the no show posts from Kogan when asked directly for answers re: specs or warranty etc.

It sounds more like a case of a small company trying to woo in a big response in an effort to make some quick $$$ and then who knows what will happen to them.

Their claims of 2 hour business response sounds way too good to be true and this appears to be the case with most people on here.

Will they be around for long?? with these awesome prices for a 46" probably, though it could be the lack of response/customer support that may hurt them in the long run.

Maybe the extra for extended warranty might be a waste, especially if they don't plan on sticking around for the long haul. Let's see what happens.

It's a risk which ever way you look at it, even brand names have probs, I just want reliable support to back up the unit and I'll buy one immediately.

While I have not seen these threads or questions (to be honest, I am not a regular here, I only stumbled upon this from another link and realised that Kogan had not replied them) if you have any questions regarding the warranty support I would be more than glad to answer them for you.

With regards to his whereabouts, he is indeed overseas on a business trip and is looking at new products. If you don't believe that the business is legitimate and here to stay, you might want to take a look at the newspaper article featuring the business here.

[Edit: Also - If you require urgent answers, even to Forum Posts relating to our products, feel free to email Thread URLs to sales@kogan.com.au for the time being, at least until Ruslan gets back from overseas]

Edited by Yoza

Anyone planning to deal with Kogan should understand that their delivery date promises may be overoptimistic and wont take into account any possible delays that are outside their control. If they were a bit smarter they would realise that this can reflect badly on them and that they should build some contingency into their promises. Then again, that may hurt their cash flow or bottom line because the number of people willing to fork over cash when the delivery date is a further 2 weeks away may reduce.

Greg, you are certainly correct here in that we should have worked in a better contingency plan. The container was actually scheduled to arrive on the 4th March, allowing some time for any possible delays, however everything that could go wrong, did go wrong.

Plus, I believe there may have been some confusion (possibly even completely forgetting) regarding the Chinese New Year holidays. While it is not a large celebration here, I believe when planning the dates for the container Chinese New Year may have been overlooked. While we consider New Year to be a one day celebration, it is actually celebrated over fifteen days. You can see how this could potentially cause problems in terms in terms of manufacturing and shipping.

In any case, thank you for being one of the more understanding customers we had to deal with. While we were delayed beyond our initial dispatch date, we did attempt to keep our customers informed of the situation :blink:

Guest Dan42

Gidday Yoza,

Your going to have a hard time convincing people after kogan came on here,advertised for free,promised the world-- then ignored the questions people asked.

Any chance you could go back through the posts and answer some of these queries? answering or returning phone calls would do wonders for the biz as well.

• 5 weeks later...

I am looking for a flat panel screen TV, will be sitting approx 4.2 metres away and feel that a screen around 42-50 inch would be about right.

Would anyone like to comment on how their 46" Kogan unit is going? They seem very good value for money IF THEY WORK OKAY.

I live in the Snowy Mountains NSW and watch: free to air through a Standard Def set top box and Austar via dish. I run them through a Panasonic HDD recorder and would be able to connect via HDMI.

I do not use games or the screen for PC work.

I have read that some "HD" LCD's , particularly the larger ones do not display Fox Sport very well and this is a concern to me.

Is it worth going to plasma because of this?

Any thoughts or comments?

YOZA: What will happen if something goes wrong :blink: during the Warranty period will I have to pay for postage to Melbourne or will there be onsite warranty? If I don't like the TV can I return it ?

Luke

thanks for your input on this before geomantik- did you get one?

Edited by lukeo2

I am looking for a flat panel screen TV, will be sitting approx 4.2 metres away and feel that a screen around 42-50 inch would be about right.

Does it have to be a flat panel ?

At the value end of the market, the Sony 3LCD rear pro's in the above sizes are also worth considering.

Does it have to be a flat panel ?

At the value end of the market, the Sony 3LCD rear pro's in the above sizes are also worth considering.

I've read some of your posts on other topics and the argument is convincing.It would have to sit on a low cabinet i.e not be floor standing and I would like to take advantage of the HDMI feature on my dvd recorder ( IS HDMI that good?)

Any models you particularly like? Are they difficult to calibrate ?

regards

Luke

I've read some of your posts on other topics and the argument is convincing.It would have to sit on a low cabinet i.e not be floor standing and I would like to take advantage of the HDMI feature on my dvd recorder ( IS HDMI that good?)

Any models you particularly like? Are they difficult to calibrate ?

regards

Luke

I briefly considered the 3LCD rear pro late last year. In terms of picture quality and size I thought they were good value for the price at which they were selling. It's now even better value as the price of these units has fallen faster that comparable flat panels.

You own eyes are the best judge of picture quality, so it would be worthwhile taking your DVD recorder into a store and testing various units.

Sony Central would be the best place to audition both their rear pro's and their LCD's. Obviously you can't audition Kogan's products, but you can audition Sony's budget range LCD's (S series I think) to get some idea of the performance of a budget LCD screen. You will need to contact Sony Central first as the 3LCD rear pro's are becoming less available.

Your low cabinet may well be an advantage for the 3LCD rear pro provided it is deep enough for the base of the unit. It will certinaly help in getting eyes level with the centre horizontal axis of the screen when seated.

Guest Yoza
YOZA: What will happen if something goes wrong :blink: during the Warranty period will I have to pay for postage to Melbourne or will there be onsite warranty? If I don't like the TV can I return it ?
We have a 7-Day No-Questions-Asked return policy.

As far as postage to Melbourne goes, we will generally try to get a technician out to your location. However if your location is in a remote area, there are times where we will require your TV to be transported to the nearest service center. In these situations, if the fault is an electronics fault we will most certainly bear the freight costs both ways.

Just saw an advert for Today Tonight in Melb with this weeks stories. Young Mr Kogan has his own spot. Might be worth a look.
He has done well, and I'm working on having this uploaded for anyone who missed the story :D

Having said that, our webserver is taking a beating at the moment though - not only is www.kogan.com.au getting a stack of hits, but the eBay store links images to the host, so even eBay enquiries are slowed.

If anyone has any further questions, feel free to drop them here.

That whole Kogan TV spot and its build up was a whole lot of BS and another case off BS sensationalist type hournalism

How many unwitting consumers are going to buy the crap they were feb and now go and purchase kogan TV.

Lets look at the facts.

Kogan and the rubbish report claims you can save up to 50% if you buy direct from kogan.

And yeah I can save over 50% if I buy a Kia motorcar and not a Mercedes !

Facts - you can purchase a Sony X46 True Full HD TV for around $4600 - $4800 on the street

Facts - you can purchase the new 46M81 sammy for about $4000

How does a Kogan 1366x768 panel with no integrated tuner for $3700 even compare with these.

Unfortunately - about 300,000 consumer have just been misled and misinformaed by uninformed TV shows looking for ratings.

Even worse I think the goose from Kogan has just lost all credibility with the rubbish saving he quotes.

BTW - Id luv to see his return rates

Did the Kogan "Open Day" ever take place that was talked about a while ago?

That was where he was going to set up a couple of panels for viewing by some of the members here who live in the same town where the Warehouse is located.

United Electrical have service agents everywhere, because they just contact companies in the vicinity of the job, and ask them if they want to take the job on.

You could be lucky and get someone who knows what they're doing, or you might not.