Sharp Aquos Lc-52xdie

Well, the fact i was watching one today might of given me some insight as to what connections are available.

Was running 1080p as well, very impressed. And will only get better once more material (1080p) arrives.

Any idea on the expected RRP's on these sets?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the next month or so.

SPacecowboy,

The UK forum has gotten its hands on some infor that the 42" model is specific uses a taiwanese panel and is not sources from the new sharp factory. They also say it lacks the new 4 wave backlight. Is this confirmed for the AUS model 42"?

SPacecowboy,

The UK forum has gotten its hands on some infor that the 42" model is specific uses a taiwanese panel and is not sources from the new sharp factory. They also say it lacks the new 4 wave backlight. Is this confirmed for the AUS model 42"?

There are 2 42" models. 1366 x 768 and 1920 x 1080p. The full HD models panel is def from japan, the 1366 x 768 panel could come from taiwan, but cant say for sure.

There are some nice pics here of these. The pics are of the 62U series (which I believe is the same just that 62U is what they are called in the states).

Saw in catalog today the 37" had mention of a new model coming and pre-order it. Hopefully this is the new 1920x1080 panel.

• 3 weeks later...
The Australian models connections are along the line of-

Inbuilt HD Tuner (with Digital out via AV)(Optical out)

2 x HDMI

1 x DVI

2 or 3 x Component

2 or 3 x AV

1 x S-Video

SPACECOWBOY

I have just been offered a LC45G1XYS because of delays getting another LCD into adeladie

- is this a true 1920 x 1080 resolution panel?

I know it will need a set top box (recommendation under $400?) and doesnt have HDMI. 12ms too rather than 8ms I was hoping for.

not beign a hifi nut - just a family man who like shis psort and foxtel has this older model sharp been a reliable performer?

thanks for any advice.

PS I have tried to find Sharp stuff but most of it is from a rather disgruntled owner (and he has every right to be!)

thanks in advance

Famico

Famico,

It is a 1920 x 1080 panel. But it wont display a 1080p image, only 1080i.

It is a very nice panel, but doesnt have alot of inputs. Only 1 x DVI-I, 1 x Component, and 1 each of S-Video and Composite. So if the lack of inputs doesnt bother you go for it, Foxtel and DVD's look great on it IMO.

Famico,

It is a 1920 x 1080 panel. But it wont display a 1080p image, only 1080i.

It is a very nice panel, but doesnt have alot of inputs. Only 1 x DVI-I, 1 x Component, and 1 each of S-Video and Composite. So if the lack of inputs doesnt bother you go for it, Foxtel and DVD's look great on it IMO.

thanks for the info spacecowboy

the only thing I might want to hook up that I currently dont do is my pc or laptop to view my digi photos, along with my yamaha amp (its about 5 years old) for 'surround sound', plus dvd/vcr combo and foxtel.

occassionally I might let the young fella hook up his PS2.

would there be enough inputs for all those things?

I now know that for me its useless trying to get the latest and greatest specs on everything ..all I really want is a bigger better screen for the family dvds, sport and foxtel viewing.

would I need a HD box or just a SD (I'm not sure of difference between 1080p/1080i)

what is the going price on this set around town do you know?

thanks again for your inside info...much appreciated.

cheers

famico

DVD Player(combo) - Component

HD STB - DVI (Samsung or LG model)

Foxtel - S-Video

or

DVD Combo - Composite

HD STB - Component

Foxtel - S Video

Laptop - DVI

Price varys, but should be able to haggle low 6's. Bing Lee would be best i think.

Definately get a HD STB. 1080i/p are both HD.

Many thanks for the info - this is very reassuring for a IT noob who doesnt know a input from an output..

i'll let you know how I go on price - hoping to keep it down bc still need to get a top box (LG for $300) plus cables.

Would mid range cables do the job just as well as something like the crest $200 ones I've seen?

thanks again

famico the ignorant!

all looks good to me.

the guys did a great deal for me in lieu of missing out on another LCD that I had paid a deposit on and bc they are running out heaps of old stock due to a takeover (hence they are not taking on any new stock)

for $4300 (no terms - cash or CC only) I get the sharp 45" LCD, LG HD box, various crest cables (DVI, component,scarp) , panasonic 80GB dvdr plus couple of extra bits and pieces... :blink::D:P:P:P

certainly not the latest gear but a lot more for my $$ than I had ever hoped.

just in the right place at the right time I suppose

looking forward to picking it all up tomorrow ..hopefully I should have it all connected and running this time tomorrow night!!

thanks again for the help

famico

AQUOS LC-46D62U and LC-52D62U- Has anyone got any info about these two new models being released in Australia? I think they are either just released or just about to be released overseas, I can't find anything about the australian release date or pricing point thus far.

I'm interested in the 52 inch!

or are these the same models as the LC-52XDIE, differently named?

Edited by Fattdex

• 1 month later...
Latest Bing Lee catalogue has:

116cm Aquos $6499

132cm Aquos $8499

both 1920x1080

Undercuts Bravia X RRP by about $500 and $1500 respectively

RRP is just that recommended retail price. Someone has purchased the 46" Bravia X for $5150 $1300 cheaper than sharps pile of garbage.

Besides technological advancement, Sharp also understands and appreciates the importance of warranty. For this reason, from 1st October 2006, purchasers of Sharp AQUOS LCD Televisions can enjoy the following Warranty periods:

Screen sizes up to and including 32" (81cm) 12-months from date of purchase

This is the third time they have changed their warranty, 1 year 3 years 1 year. They obviously don't have faith in their products with 1 year warranty. Cheaper brands even have longer warranties. Sharp used to be well regarded, and while their divisions overseas may still care about customer service, warranty etc they fail in Australia. Hopefully they received a large boot in the rear from Japan over my tv and no-one has to experience the unpleastness of waiting for a warranty repair for 7 months.

I don't ask for much and hey if they repaired it quickly or better yet replaced it I would be probably praising them for the rest of my life but alas it will be the opposite.

Robert