New Sony Lcd Range Here This Week

See the latest ads from Sony Central:

http://www.sonycentralsydney.com.au/hot/ad_20070401.asp

The current 40" X series at $4K is also very attractive (including the 5 yrs warranty).

im getting quotes at $1920 for the kdl32v2000. and $250 for extra warranty (3 year). Not sure whether to bite the bullet. i didnt manage to get any info out from any salesman about when the new v series will arrive.

i was told samsungs are due in 2 weeks to 1 month's time.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
I agree - the S is a budget pack for people wanting a Sony LCD but dont have the $$$ for a V. Im sure its fits a purpose for some

So would you buy a 40' S series, or 32' V series - if you had a choice between the two?

• 2 weeks later...
And it's the one I'm waiting for eagerly. Here's Sony's Japanese page for it; note the availability in BLACK!

http://www.jp.sonystyle.com/Style-e/Product/Tv/Bravia/X2500/

The RRP in Japan translates as about $4080 for the 40". Note also it now uses the Bravia Engine Pro, which is about the only spec on that page I can make out :blink:

These new X series TVs are not in the just-released issue of Pulse, sadly.

Some specs on the X2500 posted in a UK forum

Sony X2550 Outline Details

Full HD Panel

x.v.Color Support (the latest HD camcorders from Sony support the wider color spectrum as well)

120Hz Motionflow Technology

True 24p

Sony Pictures Cinema Presets included

3 HDMI connectors, 1 on the left side (the one on the left side supports only 1080i, but OK for HD camcorders!)

Sony S-Force Digital Amplifier

• 2 weeks later...
Guest telco_syd
peep,

Where did you get that price? Best I've been able to find is $1900 for the S and $2400 for the V...

Cheers

where'd you you find the 40 inch V or $2400? I just paid $2600. Anyways I'm happy with it, just curious as I felt $2600 was a good price. These things are falling in price every week literally. 2 weeks ago they were advertised everywhere for $3300. A week of procrastination saw them then advertised for $2986.

Guest paul82
peep,

Where did you get that price? Best I've been able to find is $1900 for the S and $2400 for the V...

Cheers

Symean, do you mind me asking where you saw the V Series for $2400? I'm assuming you're talking about the current model - KDL40V2000? I'm looking at buying one this weekend and want to know the best price.

Anyone else have an idea of a good price for the 40" V? I'm in Adelaide. I'm buying the 250 Gb Sony DVR (SVRHD900) at the same time so hoping for a decent package deal.

Thanks for any advice!

guys,

The Sony factory outlet at the DFO centre at homebush (I think it's operated by Bing Lee) had the KLV40S200 for $1899, the KDL40V2000 for $2399 and the KDL40X2000 for $3199. I know the V series price is right, the other two might be out by $100 (I remember thinking '1800', but this might have been $1799). These are factory refurbished, with a 12-month Sony warranty. FYI if anyone wants to enquire with them they offered me a KDL40V2000 with one bright pixel yesterday for $2250 delivered to my door. Not bad, but I'm uber-fussy with dead & stuck pixels. Might be gone already.

As the factory refurbished ones have only a damaged box or slight scratches on them (not the screen), I can live with that. They said some of them don't even have that - they've just had a part replaced or repaired. I figure, you get the warranty (which you can extend BTW) so once it's been refurbished and checked by Sony engineers it's no more prone to fail than a brand new one that's never been out of the box.

Only problem is they NEVER have stock, and when they do it goes like *that* [snaps fingers]. Unless you are prepared to wait for weeks you should probably spend another couple hundred extra and get it when you want to. Me, I can wait :blink:

Guest paul82
guys,

The Sony factory outlet at the DFO centre at homebush (I think it's operated by Bing Lee) had the KLV40S200 for $1899, the KDL40V2000 for $2399 and the KDL40X2000 for $3199. I know the V series price is right, the other two might be out by $100 (I remember thinking '1800', but this might have been $1799). These are factory refurbished, with a 12-month Sony warranty. FYI if anyone wants to enquire with them they offered me a KDL40V2000 with one bright pixel yesterday for $2250 delivered to my door. Not bad, but I'm uber-fussy with dead & stuck pixels. Might be gone already.

As the factory refurbished ones have only a damaged box or slight scratches on them (not the screen), I can live with that. They said some of them don't even have that - they've just had a part replaced or repaired. I figure, you get the warranty (which you can extend BTW) so once it's been refurbished and checked by Sony engineers it's no more prone to fail than a brand new one that's never been out of the box.

Only problem is they NEVER have stock, and when they do it goes like *that* [snaps fingers]. Unless you are prepared to wait for weeks you should probably spend another couple hundred extra and get it when you want to. Me, I can wait :D

Thanks symean, I guess that makes $2600 for a new one look pretty good. Bright pixels and scratches on the case would annoy the hell out of me so I'd be prepared to pay a little extra. Appreciate the info though - gives me something to reference the price to.

So, anyone that has got the 40" V for around $2600, where did you get it?? If anyone has a receipt for around this price I'd love to get my hands on it. :blink:

Guest telco_syd
So, anyone that has got the 40" V for around $2600, where did you get it?? If anyone has a receipt for around this price I'd love to get my hands on it. :blink:

Yes as mentioned above I did. JB Hifi , Chatswood, NSW.

Thanks symean, I guess that makes $2600 for a new one look pretty good. Bright pixels and scratches on the case would annoy the hell out of me so I'd be prepared to pay a little extra. Appreciate the info though - gives me something to reference the price to.

I got mine for $2790 from Sony Central in Chatswood - that is inclusive of a 5 year warranty. Also picked up a DAVFGX9K Home Theatre system for $944 which was ticket price, got 5 year warranty for a bit more. Sale guy congratulated me on the price on the way out saying he had never seen anyone get that and indeed they had to call head office to work out if they could do it.. I paid by credit. I have seen it for $2699 ticket price at Myer Bondi Junction, and $2778 at Good Guys Alexandria. Its all possible to get it for $2600, but I didnt mind paying $190 for the 5 yr warranty.

I'm happy with the set up - its great. One question though (sorry to hijack, but I can't start a new thread being new) - when I crank the volume on the HT when playing a CD, the TV picture distorts - is this a) a bad connection or :D the coax attena cable not being shielded? I will try tonight with Fox and a DVD playing to see if it is just FTA that is happens to. Anyone have any ideas though?