New Sony Lcd Range Here This Week

[However, Sony couldn't deliver V Series directly to Store, and as such looks like Tuesday the V at store level.

Funny, Sony Chatswood, Myer Chatswood and JB have all said new V is only due Late October.

I am still going to wait for new V as I want the HD tuner built in.

I do not think the new S series has PiP.

PL

[However, Sony couldn't deliver V Series directly to Store, and as such looks like Tuesday the V at store level.

Funny, Sony Chatswood, Myer Chatswood and JB have all said new V is only due Late October.

I am still going to wait for new V as I want the HD tuner built in.

I do not think the new S series has PiP.

PL

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to Myer Melb today..new V 32 in (KLV325200) on display....will be $2499 including HD box in catalogue next week..X series not in yet...bit of confusion about it all ...but new V looks good...

Does anyone know what the actual difference between the new X and new V will be...appreciate any help

Went to Myer Melb today..new V 32 in (KLV325200) on display....will be $2499 including HD box in catalogue next week..X series not in yet...bit of confusion about it all ...but new V looks good...

Does anyone know what the actual difference between the new X and new V will be...appreciate any help

S Series is KLV32S2000 - 23, 26, 32" - Whoops, 26", 32",40"

V Series is KDL32V2000 - 32, 40, 46"

X Series is KDL40X2000 - 40, 46, 52"

I presume you saw the new S Series which arrived. They look good, slightly better than old V I think. Uses the same Bravia engine and has HDMI input.

Both X and V have HD tuner built in and EX Engine. Thats where the similiaraties stop.

V is 1366x768 with 1 HDMI input

X is 1920x1080 with 2 HDMI inputs, capable of 1080p

The new S series should have a 40incher too

They definitely do. I saw it at Sony Central Sydney yesterday. Quite impressive on their HD feed.

Even SD digital wasn't too bad. I was only there for 5 minutes, but I'd like to see how it handles some fast moving action.

They're going to give me a call when the 46 inch V and X series are in - I can't wait to see those. :blink:

I was originally short listing a Pana 50" plasma, along with the next gen 50" Pio, but now a 46" Sony will be on my list to check out!

Just going to clear up sizes, release dates and some prices.

New S-Series

Size: 26",32",40"

Price: $1999, $2499, $3499

Avialiable: NOW

New V-series

Sizes: 32",40",46"

Price: TBA :blink:

Avialiable: October

New X-Series

Sizes:40", 46", 52"

Price: $5499, $6999, $9999

Avaliable: October (40" & 46") November (52")

New SXRD Range

Sizes: 60", 70"

Price: $5999, $7999

Avaliable: November(60"), December (70")

New 3LCD RearPro

Size: 42", 50", 55"

Price: TBA :D

Avaliable: November (42") October (50", 55")

Hope thats helpful, if i missed aything let me know.

just looked on this website for Australian pricing:

SONY KDL52X2000 KDL52X2000 $8,575.00 Inc GST (52" X series)

SONY KDL46X2000 KDL46X2000 $6,003.00 Inc GST (46" X series)

SONY KDL40X2000 KDL40X2000 $4,716.00 Inc GST (40" X series)

SONY KDL46V2000 KDL46V2000 $5,145.00 Inc GST (46" V series)

SONY KDL40V2000 KDL40V2000 $3,859.00 Inc GST (40" V series)

SONY KDL32V2000 KDL32V2000 $3,001.00 Inc GST (32" V series)

SONY KLV40S200 KLV40S200 $3,001.00 Inc GST (40" S series)

SONY KLV32S200 KLV32S200 $2,144.00 Inc GST (32" S series)

SONY KLV26S200 KLV26S200 $1,715.00 Inc GST (26" S series)

http://www.ao3.com.au/engine.asp?manufid=57&CatID=11

im personally looking at the new 40" V series... heres hoping that Aussie retailers can be bargained down to that price... :S

wow... that's a pretty darn good price for the 40"v isn't it? Maybe I should just drive there and buy it next weekend....

Who wants to come along and see if we can bargain down with multiple buyers

Heh, just realised that A03 is just around the corner from my place!!

Can anyone confirm for me some details. I think I've confused myself talking to the various salesmen.

The main differences between the new S and the old V (40incher) are the casing size and look, and that the V has WCG-CCFL lighting correct? The V also has a higher contrast ratio, right? They both have 1xHDMI now, correct?

Also can anyone comment on the SD quality of the panels? The main connections I'm looking at are PC, and Foxtel. (sports being important) Sound is not important as I'll be plugging it into my 5.1 receiver.

I think I'm going to make a decision in the next few days to week...

Thanks!!

:blink:

Heh, just realised that A03 is just around the corner from my place!!

Can anyone confirm for me some details. I think I've confused myself talking to the various salesmen.

The main differences between the new S and the old V (40incher) are the casing size and look, and that the V has WCG-CCFL lighting correct? The V also has a higher contrast ratio, right? They both have 1xHDMI now, correct?

Also can anyone comment on the SD quality of the panels? The main connections I'm looking at are PC, and Foxtel. (sports being important) Sound is not important as I'll be plugging it into my 5.1 receiver.

I think I'm going to make a decision in the next few days to week...

Thanks!!

:blink:

The other differences arethe V-series is brighter and has the S-master digital amplifer in it (ie much better sound)

As for the SD picture quality. I would have to say its much better on the V. The S is showing a suprising amount of noise even on HD images. When you look clossly that is. Thats my 2 cents anyways

I asked Qo3 for a quote of the new v and they replied...

"The Sony KDL40V2000 you have requested is not available in Australia and does not have an Australian Warranty, an alternative model has been quoted above."

The alternative model being the KLVS40A10 for $3,237.

Gotta be kidding right?

And this quote is more than their quoted price on the internet ($3,064).

What a joke

Hi

I am also interested to see how these new panels handle SD content (austar mainly) - since I am in Darwin I will be relying on what people tell me here before I go and buy one :blink:

Hi darwin_fish,

If you're interested in the older S series, I saw a 40" on display at Bi-Rite (not sure of spelling) in Casuarina last week for around $2800-2900. They were running a HD loop through it to demonstrate... the guy there said they would match anyone else's price on anything I was interested in. Was just passing through town though, and couldn't really fit a 40" TV into my luggage...

Cheers

st3v3

Hi darwin_fish,

If you're interested in the older S series, I saw a 40" on display at Bi-Rite (not sure of spelling) in Casuarina last week for around $2800-2900. They were running a HD loop through it to demonstrate... the guy there said they would match anyone else's price on anything I was interested in. Was just passing through town though, and couldn't really fit a 40" TV into my luggage...

Cheers

st3v3

Hi

Thanks for the advice, but I am not really interested in the old s series - I will be looking at the new V or X series and how that handles SD because I figure the newer technology should do it better!

Dropped into the Sony Central store in World Square today. The S series there has very rich and full colours compared to the V series on show. I guess they are trying to push the new S series.

I think I've settled on the older V series. I don't think I want a HD tuner in the panel. I'll get an STB if it goes that far. I still want to see how it does SD, particularly sports before I start negotiating.

I think I'll head off to Sony Central Chatswood this week and see if I can get them to put Foxtel on or something.

I guess they get a lot of people walking in and just looking at World Square. I sat there and looked at both the S and the V (actually the DLP as well) for well over 20mins and not a single sales person came up and asked if I need any help. They just stood there looking at people walking by :blink:

I saw the new S bravia at Myers at the city mall today while shopping around. Looks nicer than the older one though the pix wasn't that great. But I think its probably the setup in the store more than anything as they all looked like there were hooked up through a central splitter or whatcha might call it.

I asked Qo3 for a quote of the new v and they replied...

"The Sony KDL40V2000 you have requested is not available in Australia and does not have an Australian Warranty, an alternative model has been quoted above."

The alternative model being the KLVS40A10 for $3,237.

Gotta be kidding right?

And this quote is more than their quoted price on the internet ($3,064).

What a joke

Here's a kicker. I asked for a quote on the KLV40S200 (S series 40), and I got back the following

"Please Note:- Sony Bravia S series 40in LCD TV has been discontinued hence the V series has been quoted."

So, they quoted me the KLVV40A10 for $4400!!