Sign in to follow this  
nis200979

New Sony Lcd Range Here This Week

Sorry for the headlining, the X series will be 15/16 October, but...

Sony S Series - Analogue Tuner

KLV26S200A - $1999.00

KLV32S200A - $2499.00

KLV40S200A - $3499.00

1xHDMI

1xPC (RGB)

2xComponent

2xComposite/S-Video

Sony V Series - with Integrated Digital (HD) Tuner

KDL32V2000 - $3499.00

KDL40V2000 - $4499.00

KDL46V2000 - $5999.00

1xHDMI

1xPC (RGB)

2xComponent

2xComposite/S-Video

Sony X Series - Integrated HD Tunerx2 (PaP) 1920x1080

KDL40X2000 - $5499

KDL46X2000 - $6999

KDL52X2000 - $9999

To be honest, these displays looked truly awesome. And not just the X Series, all three models (even the S) are a massive improvement. The S is slightly better than the current V Series, the new V is a massive improvement, and the X Series was awesome.

The best feed I got to see was from a Mini DV 1080i camera, but the resolution was sensational, far better than the Sharp 1080 models I've seen.

And the price point is realistic.

Where do I see them? Sony have said, they are exclusive to Myer stores for now. Check them out this weekend, truly the best value/quality LCD until the X series arrives.

BTW, new Sharp 32", 37" and 46" Integrated LCDs looked good too, (Sep/Oct) but the Sony was the highlight for me.

I don't quite understand your post. Are you saying you saw these in a Myer store, as some sort of exclusive deal they have with Sony?

I don't quite understand your post. Are you saying you saw these in a Myer store, as some sort of exclusive deal they have with Sony?

No. I won't say where, but they WILL be in stores by the end of the week.

Only Myer stores?

Yeah, it a Sony / Myer exclusive for the launch. How long I'm not sure.

Also the Bravia 3LCD (Rear Projection)

KFE42E200 - $1999

KFE50E200 - $2499

KFE55E200 - $2999

1280x720

Analogue Tuner

1xHDMI

1xPC (RGB)

3xComponent

3xComposite

1xS-Video

1xOptical Output

Interestingly, actually a smaller footprint than the 46" LCD on the pedastol stand. Still prefer LCD than DLP though.

Glen, someone is having you on.

I came from Sony central Today and their information is totally different. dates and all.

I can't see how Sony would launch these things in Myer - It would do their brand image no justice. Myer dont have the salespeople to sell these sorts of products and Sony would surely be aware of this. Sony central told me that they would have them first. which would make sense. Hey they are Sony's stores. If they will launch anywhere it will be somewhere like Harvey Norman, JB, or the like.

Can you imagine. an X series in myer, the most anticipated 1080 TV to arrive to the market, and its in myer, right next to the womens lingerie department, running a VHS playing video hits that some creative casual taped on the weekend ! HA HA (ooohhhh, seen it to often). Then the same casual, when asked by a customer why its so expensive, would probably reply with an intelligent answr like "Oh you are paying for the Sony Name. Here, have a look at this Sansui over here for 80% less, and Sansui make Sony too"

Sony Central also told me X52 was not till November. S series was still a week-two weeks away.

Sony central also said that S series changes were limited to the HDMI input and styling. It does not have the backlight syste, so could not possibly be as good as the current V series, let alone better.

The New V as far as I can see has a new "Bravia Engine" and the HD built in. So it may be btter PQ than the outgoing model.

If they are in Myer this weekend - I will be the first one back to post as I will buy one if its so much better than the current V, but I dont think I will be comming back with a new bravia from Myer for some reason.

LMT

If the prices are real $5.5k rrp for the 40" X series isn't bad at all. Should be able to get a decent street price after the dust settles down.

Glen, someone is having you on.

I came from Sony central Today and their information is totally different. dates and all.

Thanks luvmytv, I will pass that on to my Myer buyer today. They will be here, I'm happy for you to come to my store if you want to be the forst. :-)

I can't see how Sony would launch these things in Myer - It would do their brand image no justice. Myer dont have the salespeople to sell these sorts of products and Sony would surely be aware of this. Sony central told me that they would have them first. which would make sense. Hey they are Sony's stores. If they will launch anywhere it will be somewhere like Harvey Norman, JB, or the like.

Shows how little you understand. Myer is the 2nd largest electrical retailer behind HN, with stores and market share I believe. Things are changing, Myer has new owners and new direction. Quality brands like Sony and a retailer who cares make sense, Sony know this.

Can you imagine. an X series in myer, the most anticipated 1080 TV to arrive to the market, and its in myer, right next to the womens lingerie department, running a VHS playing video hits that some creative casual taped on the weekend ! HA HA (ooohhhh, seen it to often). Then the same casual, when asked by a customer why its so expensive, would probably reply with an intelligent answr like "Oh you are paying for the Sony Name. Here, have a look at this Sansui over here for 80% less, and Sansui make Sony too"

We'll probably put it near the Fujitsu and Pioneer 50" models, as well as the Samsung, LG and Sharp 40"/40"/37"+45". As we don't have any VHS tapes lying around,I'll probably just struggle for hours on end trying to use the internal HD tuner and gtting a picture. Maybe when you come in you could help me with an autotune. :-)

Sony Central also told me X52 was not till November. S series was still a week-two weeks away.

Sony central also said that S series changes were limited to the HDMI input and styling. It does not have the backlight syste, so could not possibly be as good as the current V series, let alone better.

October 15/16 - X Series, you heard it here. S Series does have a backlight, just not the Wide Gamut Backlight. Maybe Sony Central are a little lower on the foodchain than other retailers. Shhhh. Dont tell hem that with 2-3 stores Sony don't really care about them because there are other retailers who purchase 50x the stock they do.

The New V as far as I can see has a new "Bravia Engine" and the HD built in. So it may be btter PQ than the outgoing model.

Dont underestimate this new EX engine, it makes a significient diffeence, and coupled to the iHD tuner at near Samsung prices this is the LCD to have if you buy now. Waiting, that X Series is nice but the benefits (other than 360 & PS3) are limited right now.

If they are in Myer this weekend - I will be the first one back to post as I will buy one if its so much better than the current V, but I dont think I will be comming back with a new bravia from Myer for some reason.

If you don't mind waiting while I put toasters and lingeire through the register, I'll gladly help witht the new Bravia LCD. Are you going to put your money where your mouth/fingers are? It will be there.

LMT

If the prices are real $5.5k rrp for the 40" X series isn't bad at all. Should be able to get a decent street price after the dust settles down.

X Series 40" $5499, 46" 6999, 52" $9999

Still cheaper than Pioneer 50" PDP5000.

Is the new V series (32") the equivalent of the UK version 32V2000 that gets rave reviews in UK mags? I imagine it would be but are there any local differences?

Glen, so you are a Myer salesperson.

Which store are you at. Ill call you saturday morning and if you can get me a new TV on the day, so have a sale.

Be interesting to see

Just double checked the specs. S series definately does not have back light !!! 100% confrimed just now. If it did, I would dump the Idea of purchasing a current V on runout ad get the new S cheaper.

But this is not the case. Pulled out the brochure that Sony Central gave me yesterday to double check.

The S gets the Bravia engine, but no backlight !

100% - the WCG-CCFL is exclusive to V and X series.

surely a LCD needs a backlight or you wont be able to see it at all... Maybe it hasn't got a upgraded one and has the same one that it has now

Hi Ausfatcat

what we are referring to is the u buet wcg ccfl system the current V employs, which is what made the difference between the V and S series previously. This is still not in the S series, so V will still look dramatically better

Dont underestimate this new EX engine, it makes a significient diffeence, and coupled to the iHD tuner at near Samsung prices this is the LCD to have if you buy now. Waiting, that X Series is nice but the benefits (other than 360 & PS3) are limited right now.

There are no advantages of getting the X Series for 360 owners. The HD DVD drive is not yet available and the 360 supports 1080i or 720p not 1080p which is the only reason you would want the X Series.

luvmytv

thats what I thought but was a bit confused. The S to me always seems a bit of a rubbish product designed to make a quick buck off the bravia name.

Elphinkiller

Don't buy a PS3 for 1080p gaming because very very very few games will have that capability on the PS3. As stated by game makers for the last couple of months.

I agree - the S is a budget pack for people wanting a Sony LCD but dont have the $$$ for a V. Im sure its fits a purpose for some

Yeah thanks Ausaftcat, I am all over most of the gaming stuff so I knew that already, I won't be buying a PS3 anyway as I bought the 360 on launch and the Minister for Finance won't approve the funds for the PS3 as she has approved the funds for the Wii, which doesn't bother me that much as there aren't any PS3 exclusives I am really keen on anyhow. On topic I am going to wait for the price of the X Series to come down a bit and get one to go with the V series I bought 7 months ago.

yeah I am waiting for the prices to come down too (hopefully in twenty years they may be in my price range)

There are no advantages of getting the X Series for 360 owners. The HD DVD drive is not yet available and the 360 supports 1080i or 720p not 1080p which is the only reason you would want the X Series.

In terms of gaming the X series is aimed at PS3 owners. Why would sony make a tv to benefit the owners of the 360 which are made by the competition. Sony want all the 360 owners to go out and buy the PS3.

yeah I am waiting for the prices to come down too (hopefully in twenty years they may be in my price range)

:blink:

In terms of gaming the X series is aimed at PS3 owners. Why would sony make a tv to benefit the owners of the 360 which are made by the competition. Sony want all the 360 owners to go out and buy the PS3.

:blink:

I know that, my point was aimed at the guy who said that the only benefit would be for 360 and PS3 owners when in fact there is no benefit for 360 owners.

I know that, my point was aimed at the guy who said that the only benefit would be for 360 and PS3 owners when in fact there is no benefit for 360 owners.

That must mean I agree with you. :blink: Didn't mean to offend you Elphin or is it killer. :D

BTW, new Sharp 32", 37" and 46" Integrated LCDs looked good too, (Sep/Oct) but the Sony was the highlight for me.

Probably best not to buy sharp, if your TV ever needs servicing expect to wait 6+ months for them to resolve it. I'm actually interested in the X series sony. The only problem I have will I need hdmi 1.3 and without it will it limit the life of the TV?

The only problem I have will I need hdmi 1.3 and without it will it limit the life of the TV?

The panels are still a ways off.

Q1 - Q2 2007.

Im gonna get a decent 32-40inch soon, then again when 1.3 has been out for a while and is standard.

Any other details on the sharp? Price/Specs.

No advantages??? Almost ALL current tvs max out at 1366x768, and XBox 360 supports 720p and 1080i, so I think you'd see significient improvements with the X Series and 360.

Having said that though, it's not just the resolution, but the image quality of the new Sony LCDs.

The NEW S Series IS an improvement on the old V Series. Have a look this weekend.

And the NEW V Series with EX makes it the best quality LCD picture (and sound me thinks) currently available, including Sharp.

The X Series will have little benefit for now (except for gamers) with such little 1080 content, but is the obvious future proof tv. At $5499 for a 40" 1920x1080 the extra $1000 is good value I think.

Probably best not to buy sharp, if your TV ever needs servicing expect to wait 6+ months for them to resolve it. I'm actually interested in the X series sony. The only problem I have will I need hdmi 1.3 and without it will it limit the life of the TV?

Why the Sharp bashing? They are now the only Japanese LCD left, and have always had a good picture and even better reputation from the service technicians I speak to.

If anyone bought a tv from my store and it was away for service longer than 6 weeks we would work out a replacement tv and the store would claim it. It's happened many times in the past. If you buy from a retailor, get a dud, and they don't give a sh!t, DON'T BUY FROM THEEM AGAIN. Any product can be faulty.

We bought a new car and had a dud fuel pump 6 months later requiring a tow to the dealership. Where we unhappy? No. The service was great and fixed that day.

Glen, so you are a Myer salesperson.

Which store are you at. Ill call you saturday morning and if you can get me a new TV on the day, so have a sale.

If your in Victoria, I'll make it worth your while. Otherwise, I'm sure your local store will help you out.