Teac Lcd Brilliant

I rang Retravision Malaga today and they quoted $3669. I also had time to take a quick look at the unit at a store from the same chain in Osborne Park. There was an AFL game on at the time and the unit seemed to handle motion as well as the surrounding units. I thought the picture looked average at close range though (no worse than the surrounding LCD units though).

I was floored by the ticket price however. At $4499 it was $500 above the RRP. It was not the only flat screen in the store with a ticket price above RRP.

With regard image "DSC05795 (Custom)" from the above link showing a web page, the icon sizes in the windows bar at the bottom of the sereen compare well with a Dell 24" at native (1920x1200). It is certainly much higher resolution than 1366x768. It looks like 1920x1080 to me.

I was in JB Hi fi Cannington on Fri and saw the 42 inch teac there displayed for about $3700 or so I think. So if you bargain can probably get more discounted. Not sure I like the look of it though but the price is very appealing.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is a 11 page thread on this 42": amoi in a german forum (must be a german distrib i guess)

grab ur babel fish (google will only do 1 page) and have a read here

Topic: Amoi LC42T1E 42"full hp 1920x1080p for 2000€ starting from June

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/t...d-133-2418.html

here is a recap:

page 1 is talking of a price of 2000 euros and june release. HDMI 1.3 is dicussed, as is the need for benq to ship thier 42" HD model to drive the price down

page2 feedback dont look good

Hello to all!!!

today the Amoi test could.

I did not buy it.

1. has it only a HDMI entrance and no DVI and it can also only 1080i and not 1080p.

I used a laptop with DVI exit and a HDMI adapter and also a DVI on HDMI cable from the laptop to the TV, which is Windows picture total **** blurred and colorfalsified.

IT IS NOT POSSIBLE also only to some extent a reasonable PC picture thereby to show over DVI and/or HDMI.

I have to show it also in the VGA mode tested unfortunately only max. 1248x1024 dissolution maximally possible thus no chance a native picture in 1920x1080.

Why one sells an LCD panel with high resolution and can only half will use it always blurred there to be.

This LCD TV is not unfortunately usable as PC monitor.

It would have been world-wide also first the these skillfully would have.

I think the industry make this, which one cannot use intentional LCD TV thus monitor, for not heading for I white why am so heavy a panel with 1920x1080 simply 1:1 natively e.g. over DVI.

Someone should announce a trick has please.

page 3

the PAL picture over a Humax 1000 (attached over HDMI) is good! HDTV over the Humax naturally very well; -)! The PAL picture over ne D-box 2 Sat (attached over Scart RGB) is rather modest..

page4 - the De supplier clarified 1080p

Since we noticed that here some ambiguity about 1080p with the Amoi LC37AF1E and LC42T1E to be present, we would like to eliminate these gladly.

Both devices support the representation of 1080p over HDMI and Y Pb Br. In our test environments this mode is not shown perfectly and it to lie disturbances in the picture forwards. Neither that the colors wrongly, nor that the picture would be indistinct. A 1:1 pixel representation with the PC over a DVI on HDMI cable becomes perfectly problem-free with our test systems.

It tunes that both manuals in this point is incomplete, there only from a rendition to 1080i is spoken, fact is however both models with suitable sources the mode 1080p in 50Hz and 60Hz to show perfectly to be able. The manuals are adapted concerning this point.

We would like to also refer to it within the PC range to the used hardware to be particularly paid attention must. The VGA entrance at the equipment is not suitable for the 1080p representation! Not all diagram maps support the representation mode 1080p and even if them it will support this partial only with the current diagram map drivers due to it, which can refer you with the manufacturer of the diagram map or the chip set, ensured. Here e.g. reference models are with which we the rendition tested:

PLAYER KISS DP-600 (HDMI)

-PC of systems with GeForce 6600GT and 7800GTX with the newest nVidia driver 91,31 WHQL (DVI on HDMI cable)

Signal generators: Chroma 2327 (Y Pb Br)

_______

http://www.spb.be

When asked about a FX5200 they replied can deal nvidia chips only starting from the 6xxx series with *hp-compatible* signals. ATI chipsets were asked about, if they are HP - compatible

somebody else asked

You must differentiate between 1080p50/60, 1080p24 and 1080p24sf (that is technically 1080i60, but with one special on displays co-ordinated picture arrangement).

The Amois makes 1080p50/60, not p24 and not p24sf. 1080p25 is not specified at all, or?

Another says he sent back the 37" model as it pixelated some scenes. complete 'scrap iron' lol. I read back further that the 37" had lots of firmare updates to fix things. They are hoping the 42" had the latest firmware

backshot of mounting holes

http://www.fh-augsburg.de/~der_alex/amoi.jpg

info., it is the normal Vesa Standart. Thus 400x200mm.

page5

I have it. Property mean PC with nem DVI >Hdmi cable at the Amoi attached, posed on 1920*1080p/60hz, it runs!

My PC equipment:

ATI Radeon X800pro

Catalyst of 6,6 drivers

Windows MCE 2005, SP2

In another thread the JVC is mentioned - 1080p set, JVC is off ring two new models - the 40-inch LT-40FN97 and 46-inch LT-46FN97

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/t...d-133-2786.html

Also Samsung showed off a LED backlight model LE-40M91B (1/2 way down with piccy)

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/t...d-133-2616.html

a thread on the Acer3705

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/t...d-133-1054.html

the LCD forum

http://www.hifi-forum.de/viewforum-133.html

I hate to be hijacking a thread here... but I have one of the 32inch models and while I love the panel to death, the damn component and hdmi modes overscan like a #$#* does anyone have any idea how to get into the service mode. I'm only asking again as you guys seem to have figured out who the supplier is.

Well the service mode can be accessed by holding down the 'Source' button for about 7 seconds.

Careful what you do in there... I accidently hit the 'ADC Calibration' and I'm not sure yet if I've gotten things back to how they should be.

If anyone goes in there, can you check the colour temp defaults as well as give any suggestions on how to best calibrate the ADC (the set mentions something about a grey bar)

I've got it back to about 95% of default.

Im new to this forum but read with interest the posts about the Teac LCD4235A as I am shopping for a cheap-ish LCD that can do 1080p and 1:1 Pixel mapping @ 1920 x 1080 over HDMI.

Im not great at haggling, but have just managed to buy the TEAC LCD4235A at JB Hi-Fi Cannington WA for $3150 (Could prolly get them down another $100 - $150). I'll post my opinion once I have it set up to my new HTPC.

Thanks everyone for posting about this TV as I had no idea you could get a 42" 1080p/60 TV at such a price in Australia. Fingers crossed it has

no stuck pixels.

Now, if I can just work out how to change the TEAC badge to say Sony...

I will certainly post some pics. But just to set any expectations, I had hoped to get to JB before it closed after work but no such luck. Will pick it up tomorrow.

As far as true res testing goes however, that will have to wait until my new htpc is delivered next week. Until then, I have nothing that could do the potential screen resolution justice - though I will try my laptop via the VGA interface.

Thanks again.

I saw one this evening, but it was just as JB was closing within 3 mins so I only got a quick look at it and couldn't test any discs or settings out. It was getting the 7 HD feed the rest of the store was getting, and I wouldn't say it was looking any better or worse than the Sony V or Samsung R. From first glance, the actual build/appearance doesn't look as bland to me in that size like I thought it did when I saw the 32", the extra 10 inches seems to suit it.

There was a sticker in the top right hand corner of the panel with specs and TRUE HD in bold letters, not sure how much difference that would make to the average consumer in the next few months since I'd imagine the new Sony releases will be what most are drawn to checking out first

Ticketed price was $3497

Any more news ?

I was out north ryde way yesterday but could not find the 42" anywhere. Only 32

I keep seeing JBs Sonic 40" at <$2,000 and wonder if the TEAD 42 is really a good deal at >3$. I tend to think that its overpriced for what it is. Considering Aldi has broken $1.5K for a 37", then the 40-42 sector should be 2-2.5K at best.

I keep seeing JBs Sonic 40" at <$2,000 and wonder if the TEAD 42 is really a good deal at >3$. I tend to think that its overpriced for what it is. Considering Aldi has broken $1.5K for a 37", then the 40-42 sector should be 2-2.5K at best.

IMO when it comes to LCD panels, once you drop too far at a certain price point, you get what you pay for.

IMO when it comes to LCD panels, once you drop too far at a certain price point, you get what you pay for.

I totally agree. Thats why this chinese kockoff with a taiwanese panel should not be 3K when a known korean made samsung 40" with the latest CCFL 92% backlight, better PQ (but lower resolution) is also 3K......

chinese 40-42" should be 2-2.5K

I totally agree. Thats why this chinese kockoff with a taiwanese panel should not be 3K when a known korean made samsung 40" with the latest CCFL 92% backlight, better PQ (but lower resolution) is also 3K......

chinese 40-42" should be 2-2.5K

Now I see where you're coming from, point well made - I totally agree.

Well, I've had time to unpack and set up the LCD4235A to my laptop via VGA. With this setup Im unable to get 1:1 pixel matching but I know that from the start. Im no expert on LCD TV's but to me the thing looks fantastic! HDTV looks great, fast moving scenes look sharp, bright bits are, well... really bright, and blacks appear very black.

Optimal resolution using ATI Catalyst drivers via VGA (ie without powerstrip) appears to be 1280 x 960 (go figure). Im looking forward to connecting via HDMI this week.

I had some friends around last night who also own various large screen TVs and, without going into detail, they seemed to be very impressed with the PQ. I know I certainly am.

There might be better LCD's coming out in the near future - I'm not really too fussed though. I'm quite happy surfing the net at < 1M from the TV with crystal clear images and text. Not to mention the promise of true 1080p/60 very soon.

I have some pics I can upload if anyone wants to see em. Just need to transfer them from my phone first.

Encouraging to hear Andy, look forward to hearing how HDMI goes.

I think that for now at least it would still be extremely good value for money. I've seen nothing but trash from Soniq panels and wouldn't personally lump them in the same category as these Teacs, but then if they're both Chinese-manufactured maybe they're more similar than they let on. For close to $3000 this one sounds too good to be true, although it is a slight downer that it doesn't come with HD tuner in-built.

Yes I agree. I was looking at the Pyrod last week too and thought the picture was good. Research showed the LCD was Samsung "glass". However, I then spent the week speaking to friends "in the know" and doing online research and realised how important and rare it was to find a TV that could do 1080p/60 and native pixel matching and display good picture... So I was prepeared to pay more for all these things. That being said, yes it's still a TEAC... But I can live with that.

Re price: I would expect price will drop over time as competition increases and the teac model ages. Typical product sales cycle kind'o stuff.

Yes I agree. I was looking at the Pyrod last week too and thought the picture was good. Research showed the LCD was Samsung "glass". However, I then spent the week speaking to friends "in the know" and doing online research and realised how important and rare it was to find a TV that could do 1080p/60 and native pixel matching and display good picture... So I was prepeared to pay more for all these things. That being said, yes it's still a TEAC... But I can live with that.

Oh I agree. Mind you the new Sony V at $3.8K looks pretty appealing. Also the Sony 40" X will be stunning ($4700 however).

I reckon this TEAC will be below 2.5K by Xmas. I would also expect to see other 42" HD sets turn up now (come on AWA!). Some brand names. Seems like this Xmas will be the one that 40-42" LCD sales outstrip Plasma for the first time :blink:

I wonder when we will see some HD 46 & 47" lcds out here in the bargain end?

I spoke yesterday with the NSW sales rep for Teac, and he said that there are four of the 42 inch 1080p LCDs at Ingleburn Retravision. He said he will call me back with details of other retail outlets that have them closer to the city.

Apparently there were 100 nationally in the first shipment, with another batch due in 2-3 weeks.