Sign in to follow this  
hudsta

Pioneer 43inch Vs Samsung La40r71

Hello all

I would appreciate your advice.

I'm in the market for a 40inch plus panel. Up until today I was certain i was going to buy an LCD and it was going to be the samsung. I made the mistake of walking into my local HN to kill some time and what i saw has thrown me. They had the TV's running the AFL game and while the best PQ of all the LCD's was the Samsung the Pioneer just blew it out of the water. The major issue for me was the ghosting on the Samsung as opposed to the pioneer although i think the picture on the samsung had more "depth"

I have been given a price of $2899 for the samsung and $3999 for the Pioneer. I have Foxtel Digital so I don't really need a box and I'am willing to pay a bit extra for quality.

What should I do?

Hello all

I would appreciate your advice.

I'm in the market for a 40inch plus panel. Up until today I was certain i was going to buy an LCD and it was going to be the samsung. I made the mistake of walking into my local HN to kill some time and what i saw has thrown me. They had the TV's running the AFL game and while the best PQ of all the LCD's was the Samsung the Pioneer just blew it out of the water. The major issue for me was the ghosting on the Samsung as opposed to the pioneer although i think the picture on the samsung had more "depth"

I have been given a price of $2899 for the samsung and $3999 for the Pioneer. I have Foxtel Digital so I don't really need a box and I'am willing to pay a bit extra for quality.

What should I do?

seriously .... you shouldn't even consider the samsung if you can afford the pioneer....... the pioneer has a much, much better PQ ..... not in the same league....