Sign in to follow this  
offshore

X-series Bravia Oz Pricing

if anyone wants one now see the v300 thread you can print out the flyer to get 20% off at Sony Central in Melbourne

They are due July 25th, with an invite only Sony presentation Fri 27th July @ Darling Harbour.

Most Sony Centrals have been having sales to clear old stock.

see your local Sony Central - http://www.sonycentral.com.au

Hermes are these the new XBR series we can see here: SonyStyle.com

The new X series xBr4 and xBr5.

I went to DJ today asking when the tvs are coming in, they were keen to sell it to me so they rung sony and ask about it. Sony said they can send one off to Dj now so im tellin you now that its available if you want to get it now.

Price they quoted for Dj is

40" 3 $3899

46" $4899

Now i did hear the D guys asking triple times, this is the new model right? so it should be correct.

:blush:

do any 40" x-series owners still happen to have the packaging lying around? i'm hoping to pick one up this coming weekend and it would be nice to know if i can take it home with me in the back of my hatchback. so i was wondering as to the actual size of the box the display ships in? if someone could do a few quick measurements that'd certainly be appreciated!

brett.

I haven't measured it - as I don't have the entire box left in my garage but I can tell you - I managed to get mine home in the back of my Alfa 147.

Returned the 40 X series for the 46 yesterday at JB. Had purchased the 40 nearly two weeks ago for $3,700 and thought it was a bit small so took advantage of their two weeks return policy. Explained that the $4,500 was the best price we could find for the 46 and after a bit of negotiating they agreed to match it. Paid $60 for delivery and they took back the 40 at the same time.

I explained that I needed the two weeks return policy again on the new 46 as I was concerned about the clouding (mora) issue, whilst hesitant because of already returning the 40 he agreed and wrote the same on the receipt so there was no confusion. I have no affiliation with JB but would recommend anybody concerned about the clouding issue buy from a retailer like them who will accept a return within 14 days for a full refund or exchange for any reason.

Good news is no clouding on the 40 after two weeks of constant use and none on the 46 though its only been 1 day so far.

JB HiFi are tops!!

my experiences with JB HIFI are unbeatable.. this is the story how they price matched their own price and went lower than their own price:

In my case, i went to buy a pioneer car head unit from JB HiFi, and they were like $450 incl. installation. i was like "hmm.. ok.. ill shop around" [even tho that was the cheapest price ANYWHERE for the unit]

went to Strathfield Car Audio after and they were like $480.. [and installation was $80, they would only take $20 of the installation, wouldnt match JB's price -_-, so i tol em to fk off]

the Next day i went back to JB Hi Fi and the dude was like "what were u quoted".. i was like "umm $450" [coz i thought he meant wat was i quoted yesterday at JB HiFi for the unit... even tho he meant what i was i quoted at strathfield .. LOL].. and so he was like "450 eh?.. ok.. we'll go one better.. we'll make it $420 including installtion..".. i was like "deal" and only then did i realise that i was meant to quote Strathfield's price.. LOL..

so JB HiFi ended up beating their own price [which was already the cheapest in the state].. lol.. and i ended up saving $120 off the next cheapest price!! ROFL..

funny thing is, as i was leaving the shop.. the dude just stopped me to ask,"oh yeah.. where which shop did u get the quote from, just so i dont get caned by my boss for giving it away so cheaply".. LMFAO

The new X series xBr4 and xBr5.

SWEEET.. so the KDL-52X2000 is the older one compared to the xBr5 ??

and do u kno if the xBr5 are also called the xBr5 in Aus.. or are they called something else, like X5000??