X-series Bravia Oz Pricing

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought the 46x (it should be turning up soon).

$5925 inc 5 year warranty, wall bracket and black bessel.

Pretty happy with that, considering I was expecting to pay around that without the bessel. :blink:

Anyone got a 40X for around $3700 in NSW? I need a reference. HN at the MLC centre also has a sticker price of $4295.

I just bought the 46x (it should be turning up soon).

$5925 inc 5 year warranty, wall bracket and black bessel.

Pretty happy with that, considering I was expecting to pay around that without the bessel. :blink:

Ouch, I just paid without the warranty (which was $399 extra). However, I wanted it 4 years interest free...so I didn't have much choice...DJs...

Hi guys,

just bought 46X for $5400 with 5 years warranty and on a 24 months interest free. But currently, will have to wait until mid next week when the new stock arrive as they have currently run out of stock. Keeping my finger cross that these new batch will have no cloud issue....

So with out the interest free and 5 year warranty the sales guy could have given the TV for below the almighty $5000 barrier.

Hi guys,

just bought 46X for $5400 with 5 years warranty and on a 24 months interest free. But currently, will have to wait until mid next week when the new stock arrive as they have currently run out of stock. Keeping my finger cross that these new batch will have no cloud issue....

So with out the interest free and 5 year warranty the sales guy could have given the TV for below the almighty $5000 barrier.

Where? Which state are you in? Sounds like a bargain :blink:

Hi Guys,

Fresh to the boards and got a "do not have permissions to start a new topic" error in this section, so this post is alittle offtopic...sorry.

I have been looking around for a new Bravia X 46" to mate with a Sony HDD recorder. Despite the "clouds" issue (I am hoping when I finally purchase in late Feb this will be resolved), can you please explain a few things to me as i am quite new the to HT game.

The HDD recorders available are:

1 - RDRHX720 (HDD/DVD 160Gb)

2 - RDRDXD760 (HDD/DVD 160Gb + SD Tuner)

3 - SVRHD700 (HDD 160Gb)

4 - SVRHD900 (HDD 250Gb)

Option 2 seems redundant as the only difference I can see with option 1 is the add-on SD tuner.

Also, I would like to be able to archive onto DVD. Options 3/4 do not seem to be able to do this, is this true? Is there no way I could do it through an external interface, eg a standalone DVD recorder. I understand that options 3 and 4 can record in HD format, but can it not convert/record as SD so as to be able to get a decent amount of "hours" onto one DVD.

Furthermore, (please tell me if im wrong), what would be the use of running a 1080p screen if the signal it gets from the DVD and HD Tuner would be at best 1080i? I am assuming that HDTV in Aus is 1080i...Or am I just way wrong?

I just dont understand why Sony would only give these four options. What I would like is something that can record in HD (like 3/4), archive to DVD (like 1/2 - even if in SD), and have a 250Gb HDD. Is this at all possible? Or am I asking too much? Should I be holding out a few more months to get something like this?

Sorry about the legnthy post, look forward to your replies.

Thanks in advance

Shai

So am I to understand that the W/S pricing will drop in Feb. by 5%? Also, other than the previous individual who just purchased the 46x with warranty + the black bezel for 5950.

Who did you purchase this from? and can you post the reciept?

I'm still waiting to hear more info on purchase prices on the 46x or the 52.

40X HN (wollongong) $3995 plus $170 for the five year warranty.

This was today. Very tempted but....

...Still prefer the plasmas's though (as does my wife). We both find there is pixellation (macro blocking??) with the picture on the LCD's.

40V was $2995.

Thanks for that very interested to hear I need to buy a TV within the next few days so the pricing for both the X and V series gives me much heart to get a deal under $4k

Cheers Den

Just read about 10 post earlier and you should see the full details of my posting of full pricing.

Sorry x_infax. Saw you got a 46X. I picked up a 40X and a Panasonic DMR-ex85 today from HN at the MLC centre in Sydney prices were:

40X $3700

5yr warranty $350

DMR-ex85 $799

5yr warranty $70

Total $4919

Went looking today for either a V or an X.

Good Guys - V $2950, X $3950. Think about $250 for extended warranty. Good Guys were saying that it is best to go with their insurer, instead of using in house warranty.

JB HIFI - Can match the price of Good Guys, $250 and $270 for extended warranty. However, JB salespeoples said that they their warranty covers dead pixels. Even one pixel gone dead, and they will swap it out. Over the course of the whole warranty. Im gonna go back tomorrow to check this out again, but Good Guys said there has to be several pixels dead, all in a group, for their warranty to be effective. Harvey Norman said that they dont even honour the dead pixels.

Not sure about delivery cost (if even available), but JB sounds the way to go, if I can get in writing that a single pixel warrants a swapover (doubt it could be repaired).

What is everyones thoughts?

JB HIFI - Can match the price of Good Guys, $250 and $270 for extended warranty. However, JB salespeoples said that they their warranty covers dead pixels. Even one pixel gone dead, and they will swap it out.

I bought my Pana 50" from JB. Their warranty has a "No Lemon" guarantee. Not sure about "dead pixel policy" though. Couldn't see it mentioned anywhere.

Just to follow up, bought KDL40X2000 today from JB. They have a claim they would swap out or have repaired 1 pixel defect over the 5 year warranty. Probably just a sale gimmick, but the rest of the deal sounded pretty good. Get it delivered on Thursday.

$3950

$299 extended warranty (5 year including 1 year manufacturers).

$25 delivery

Total $4274 (if I am counting properly).

HN at the MLC centre in Sydney prices were:

40X $3700

Wow! :P Steal! Nice work

Now to steer off topic... my apologies for this, but this seems to be where the gurus hang out.

I'm in the market for a nice new HD TV. My preferences are:

- =/<$4000

- HD tuner in-built (essential)

- 1080p... (not sure about this being set in stone)

- >30"

Is the 40X truly "the greatest", or is there something comparable? I was researching all this a few months ago, and had my parents buy the samsung 40" LCD with in built HD tuner. The X series wasn't out back then of course.

I would be using it to watch whatever FTA is broadcast, plus would hook my computer up to it (game play + web browsing), plus DVD watching and possibly a Wii. :D

So for less than $4000, is this the TV I've been searching for? Also, how on earth do I get it for that price, DJs had it for $4500, and Myer for $5000. Myer almost laughed at my requests for price lowering... :blink:

Guest Wongstar
Wow! :P Steal! Nice work

Now to steer off topic... my apologies for this, but this seems to be where the gurus hang out.

I'm in the market for a nice new HD TV. My preferences are:

- =/<$4000

- HD tuner in-built (essential)

- 1080p... (not sure about this being set in stone)

- >30"

Is the 40X truly "the greatest", or is there something comparable? I was researching all this a few months ago, and had my parents buy the samsung 40" LCD with in built HD tuner. The X series wasn't out back then of course.

I would be using it to watch whatever FTA is broadcast, plus would hook my computer up to it (game play + web browsing), plus DVD watching and possibly a Wii. :D

So for less than $4000, is this the TV I've been searching for? Also, how on earth do I get it for that price, DJs had it for $4500, and Myer for $5000. Myer almost laughed at my requests for price lowering... :blink:

Probably the best you can get right now, in Australia and in quantities (good price too!)

From what I read in this forum and avforums, the new Sharp LCD series TVs that do 1080p is the talk of the town and may rival to be the "greatest", especailly in the whole PC monitor compatibility thing. However the models isnt out yet but expected to come later this month (Jan07?).

I'm kinda in the same poistion as you working out what to get in this month and I too need to make sure its a good buy (4k isnt cheap)

Edited by Wongstar

from HN at the MLC centre in Sydney prices were:

40X $3700

Was this a floor stock model? Harvey Norman in Coorparoo (brisbane) which is allegedly closing down was $3900 and that was floor stock! The guy said $4200 to order in a new one.

I need a 40X with 5 years warranty for under $4000. Mostly psychological, but a need nonetheless!

Good guys next I guess...

By the way, any recommendations for a PVR to go with this bad boy? Do any allow picture in picture with the TV?

I got my x40 on boxing day in Southland Harvey Norman for $4200 with 5 years Warranty and delivery and pay in 36 months.....works out around $110 per month.

VVV. good quatily....and i m a happy man...... :blink:

now i need a PS3 and Wii........

and some one mentioned the white cloud problems.......i can only see a small area that got the white cloud..

but it doesnt bother me too much.......

mine one is SEPT built......( did they stop the production on OCT? or SEPT? )

the guy who got the $3700 for it is really really good price!!!

enjoy!!!