X-series Bravia Oz Pricing

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About the 46 X Series Bravia, I just spoke to Computer World's city store in Sydney, funnily enough they are sold out. They can have them in by Friday for the advertised price of $5499 (SMH's The Guide, 13th Nov), which is the best I have seen.

The salesman told me I can go to Sony to get the extended warranty, is that right? If thats the case, I shall order one through them

Rob

About the 46 X Series Bravia, I just spoke to Computer World's city store in Sydney, funnily enough they are sold out. They can have them in by Friday for the advertised price of $5499 (SMH's The Guide, 13th Nov), which is the best I have seen.

The salesman told me I can go to Sony to get the extended warranty, is that right? If thats the case, I shall order one through them

Rob

Computer world quoted $7899 +$165 delivery to Perth for the 52". Best price I have seen. :blink:

Keep in mind that Sony's own extended warranty cost $750.00!!!

Retailers seem to be charging between $250 and $500, and are prepared to negotiate the price. I don't think Sony are known for there willingness to negotiate prices.

$5400 is the best price of heard of so far. I've checked with a JB store and despite the usual "that's below what i can buy them for" comment, he was prepared to match it. Rebates for specific retailers is the great unknown where pricing for the X series are concerned. I suspect JB and HN are getting some pretty reasonable rebates off Sony. Keeping in mind that the new 1080p Sharps are due out at the end of this month, and that both JB and HN sell Sharp as well as Sony, there is going to be some pretty serious undercutting. Sharp, who credit themselves as the 'leaders' in LCD technology, will be attempting to gain back some of the ground they lost with the earlier release of the X series, which is exactly what Sony will be discounting against.

Going to get very interesting....

Rob

Checked these guys out and spoke to Sony.

Apparently they are not authorised resellers, and Sony will not honour warranties from non authorised retailers. Checked Sony dealer locator on the web site - No computer world. When I spoke to their customer sevice line, they confirmed 100% they do not have any authorised retailer by that name.

Funny how they are sold out. I went and checked them out also - guess what - not one on display. Every store I visit always holds on to one for display so they can keep selling.

Good old retail trick - advertise silly prices and either never deliver, or try to swtich sell

The prices they have advertised as I believe are below the wholesale prices - why would you want to sell at a loss ?

Buyer beware.

Placed an order for X 46" today from Clive Peters. $5700 with 5yrs warranty.

Thanks to you all. You guys rock. Will arrive Tuesday.

For what it's worth, we wrote "RTB warranty includes any backlight issues" on the invoice. hehe.

Also wrote on the invoice "Made in Japan model"!! Call me paranoid.

Clive Peters where? Specifying what you did on the invoice is a great idea. All OZ x series are Made in Japan models......For the moment anyway. Apparently the UK models started off as MIJ models then they phased in the made in Spain model. English appear to rate the MIJ model superior to the Spanish unit and go out of their way to try and find one. Worth checking the box and rear of unit when you get it. There's just something very reassuring about seeing 'Made in Japan' written on the back of a piece of electrical equipment. Not having it definitely took the HD Tosh off my list.

Clive Peters where? Specifying what you did on the invoice is a great idea. All OZ x series are Made in Japan models......For the moment anyway. Apparently the UK models started off as MIJ models then they phased in the made in Spain model. English appear to rate the MIJ model superior to the Spanish unit and go out of their way to try and find one. Worth checking the box and rear of unit when you get it. There's just something very reassuring about seeing 'Made in Japan' written on the back of a piece of electrical equipment. Not having it definitely took the HD Tosh off my list.

It was Clive Peters Auburn. They could probably throw in free delivery by the time you read this. Couldn't wait for the price drop when Sharp release their new models. If I continued to wait for newer and cheaper models I'd end up waiting forever...!

Just went to tthe new GG at DFO @ Essendon Airport. Walked up to the 46 x on display with ticketed price of $6799. Asked for a best price. Reply $4500. I couldn't believe it and made him go and recheck the price cause I'd thought he'd quoted the 40". Comes back and says that's the price..$4500!! do you want it? Yes please I'll take one.... I reply!!

I got a new in the box KDL46X2000 for $4500.!!!!! And on AMEX. Now that's a fair price... I'm still expecting a call saying they got the price wrong. Bugga...I should have asked how much for the 52".

Waiting for it to be delivered as I write this..

I got a new in the box KDL46X2000 for $4500.!!!!! And on AMEX. Now that's a fair price... I'm still expecting a call saying they got the price wrong. Bugga...I should have asked how much for the 52".

WOW! That's like a $2k+ saving off RRP!!! Nice :blink:

Just went to tthe new GG at DFO @ Essendon Airport. Walked up to the 46 x on display with ticketed price of $6799. Asked for a best price. Reply $4500. I couldn't believe it and made him go and recheck the price cause I'd thought he'd quoted the 40". Comes back and says that's the price..$4500!! do you want it? Yes please I'll take one.... I reply!!

Be aware that most DFO stores handle seconds or TV's with damaged cartons because they were dropped/crushed in transport.

It could be a repair or a second or he could have just stuffed up. There is no way this TV can be sold for that price for a brand new 1 in a box.

For your sake I hope he typed in KDL40X2000 instead of KDL46X2000 and gave you the wrong price. :blink:

The store was actually Good Guys and isn't attached to DFO just as the JB Store across the carpark isn't. They don't sell seconds or recos. At least not without correctly marking them as such. The set is brand new and is the genuine MIJ article. Don't know why it was so cheap but I suspect to get the new store turning over they may have been given a special price for the x series, or there is a newer model coming out or, as I suspect, their pricing software was u/s. Either way I paid $4500 for a 46X. When I work out how I'll attach the receipt.

Perhaps I got it for trade and this is what Sony wholesale them for...

Hey Bodalenko, Do you have a contact name for the guy you dealt with at GG Essendon? I'm keen to buy one ASAP.

Please email me on andrews@motoractive.com.au

Cheers

Dont bother - this was a pricing mistake and you wont be able to get one for this price again (Bodalenko was a very very lucky shopper!)

After much consideration and research into each stores warranty (yes I read the fine print) I bought the 40" X LCD from HN in Chadstone with 5 years extended warranty for 4500. A good result as the same day I bought an LG DBRH197 DVD/HDD Recorder for 800 including Monster Cable hdmi Monster Cable component and MC scart to component cables, finally the Monster Cable Home Theatre protector for 285.

quite pleased with the result

After much consideration and research into each stores warranty (yes I read the fine print) I bought the 40" X LCD from HN in Chadstone with 5 years extended warranty for 4500. A good result as the same day I bought an LG DBRH197 DVD/HDD Recorder for 800 including Monster Cable hdmi Monster Cable component and MC scart to component cables, finally the Monster Cable Home Theatre protector for 285.

quite pleased with the result

You didnt watch ACA last night did you? :ph34r:

more so the product selection, almost everything HN were flogging on ACA last night, you've bought. Not up-to-date with current prices of each product, so I cant comment on that part. But its a nice panel and good setup - enjoy.