X-series Bravia Oz Pricing

Spotted this on the Whirlpool boards:

Bravia X RRP Pricing.

40" - KDL40X... - $5499

46" - KDL46X... - $6999

52" - KDL52X... - $9999

Posted by a bloke who seems to be in the know. As always, these are RRP, and I'd imagine street prices will be a fair bit lower.

If these are accurate, the 40" seems pretty well priced, especially if it's around $4800 cash.

1080P w/built in tuner for lower than the debut price of the existing V series Bravia 12 months ago.

But then the 52 clocks in at a bit of a premium price.

These screens are getting excellent reviews out of the UK, where the 46" has been out for a couple of months now, pretty much taking the mantle as the best flat panel display yet released on the mass market (check out the UK based http://www.avforums.com).

Supposedly these will hit Oz in Oct.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bravia X RRP Pricing.

40" - KDL40X... - $5499

46" - KDL46X... - $6999

52" - KDL52X... - $9999

These pricing are indeed correct, and as you said are the RRP i would say you could problly pick them up for bit cheaper but dont depend on it retailer like to make nice margins out of new products.

anyone know the effect on the v's price yet?

If you mean the pricing of the new V-series with HD tunner in-built.

Let me just say they are atractive :blink: You could pick it up for the same price as the current V-series model 3-4 months ago :D

Then maybe I should hold off in buying the 'old' V series 40" which are around the $3700 mark now. right?!

Up to you it will be much of a much ness in price if you buy now and get a sony HD STB or you wait.

It just depends wetehr you prefer in-built tunner or not.

Bravia X RRP Pricing.

40" - KDL40X... - $5499

46" - KDL46X... - $6999

52" - KDL52X... - $9999

Hi Offshore

Where abouts did you grab this on the Whirlpool boards mate? Can't seem to find it.

The prices don't look to bad, given Sony's history in overpricing Australian products compared with the rest of the world. The 46 has an RRP of 3999 pounds in the UK which would put it near the $10k mark using the exchange rates.

Really looking forward to seeing these panels in the flesh :blink:

These screens are getting excellent reviews out of the UK, where the 46" has been out for a couple of months now, pretty much taking the mantle as the best flat panel display yet released on the mass market (check out the UK based http://www.avforums.com).

"Best flat panel display" out of LCD screens? or including plasma? Better than say Pioneer?

Do you have any links to confirm the prices?

Sorry no links you will just have to take my word :blink:

I dont think the prices are public yet.

Hello Mr Matey

Yeah I couldnt find tit on whirlpool either. From the formatting of the pricing it looks like he took it from my post HERE

And as I said in that post, I saw them in the flesh and they do look amazing. you can almost smell the metrial shown :D

Sorry no links you will just have to take my word :blink:

I dont think the prices are public yet.

Hello Mr Matey

Yeah I couldnt find tit on whirlpool either. From the formatting of the pricing it looks like he took it from my post HERE

And as I said in that post, I saw them in the flesh and they do look amazing. you can almost smell the metrial shown :D

http://whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?...375&p=3#r56

Bravia X RRP Pricing.

40" - KDL40X... - $5499

46" - KDL46X... - $6999

52" - KDL52X... - $9999

Are these the XBR2 or XBR3 models? I'm not super keen on the XBR2 but the piano black finish of the XBR 3 looks stunning in my opinion... they pay an extra $300 in the US for the XBR 3 so I assume we are looking at a total of $5999 for the 40"???

Are these the XBR2 or XBR3 models? I'm not super keen on the XBR2 but the piano black finish of the XBR 3 looks stunning in my opinion... they pay an extra $300 in the US for the XBR 3 so I assume we are looking at a total of $5999 for the 40"???

Its the white ones. Not sure if we are gettign the ones you can customize the colour. sorry.