Hey all,

I'm in the market for a HD 42inch plasma, i was orginally going to get the LG 42PC1DG but at my local HN it was next to a Panasonic 42pv500a. The PQ of the Panasonic looked much better, although i have to admit the black surround on the LG is much sexier than all the Panasonic stuff.

So i ended up comparing the 500a to the 60a and I thought the 500a looked much better, so I'm pretty much wondering if the 60a has as good if not better PQ, surely it does since its the later model?

What should I pay for the TV alone?

I'm also after other suggestions and opinions. I'm looking at spending no more than $3000 in the near future and plan on using the TV for DVD viewing and new generation HD gaming.

Advice/tips/opinions would be great.

Cheers

So i ended up comparing the 500a to the 60a and I thought the 500a looked much better, so I'm pretty much wondering if the 60a has as good if not better PQ, surely it does since its the later model?
The 60A was more just a replacement of the 500A than a true upgrade. In this instance I'd trust your eyes if one looks better than the other. Both should be tunable to a similar PQ once you get it home.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

The 60A has a few advantages over 500A:

- 1080p processor which upconverts all signals including SD tv programs and DVD movies.

- 2 HDMI ports. Handy if you plan to buy HD-DVD/Blu-Ray and if you have HDMI amps/receiver.

- 10,000:1 contrast.

In the end it depends if you value the aesthetic physical apprearance of the 500A over the PQ of the 60A.

Personally I'd take the latter anyday.

I think Dick Smith is selling the 60A for $2,699 at the moment. I'm sure you can haggle for less. I don't think the 500A are available anymore.