Hey there folks!

I want this receiver, but I live in the US. We have it but only in black. I need the silver one to match all of my other Sony Components. Can anybody recommend where I could purchase one to have it shipped to me here in the US?

Thanks so much in advance!

Try SonyCentral.com.au as your first stop. It will provide contact details for all the Sony stores round Australia. You could give them a try.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trying to choose between the 5200ES & Yamaha's 2700.

Can anyone help me make up my mind? Which is better?

If I am connecting to Sony products would it be best to stick with Sony? (especially due to HDMI compatibilties)

BTW: A guy in Sony Central told me that there will be an HDMI 1.3 upgrade coming for the 5200ES to coincide with PS3 release.

I am trying to choose between the 5200ES & Yamaha's 2700.

Can anyone help me make up my mind? Which is better?

I had the 5200ES / 2700 / Pio Ax4 asi on my short list.

I crossed the 5200ES off my list after reading all sort of problems people were having with the unit (UI crashes, HDMI probs). There is a thread on av forums. See http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread....0306&page=1

So was down to the pio and yammy. I'm going to get the Pio, mainly due to the extra HDMI port. There is also mainly positive feedback about the US equiv unit on avsforums (see the '84 model).

But I don't think you'd go wrong with the yammy! My currently avr is a yammy (a 995). Had it since '99, and still going well other than an iffy motorised volume control (i.e. the motor sometimes doesn't work, so you have to get off your butt to change volume).

BTW if you get the yammy I have an ipod dock I'm going to sell if anyone is interested. Got it from foxtail when I was going to get the 2700, but have changed my mind. It's obviously never used.

• 8 months later...