Sign in to follow this  
RabidWolve

Bravia X To Launch Soon?

We've got the 40" and 46" X-Series on display already in the Sony Central World Square in the Sydney City.

My_Sony, do you work in Sony Central World Square?

No worries, if you don't. :blink: I was gonna drop by and see about getting myself a TV :D

We've got the 40" and 46" X-Series on display already in the Sony Central World Square in the Sydney City. But I've seen them last month at SEM (Sony Experience More) a Sony only event in the Fox Studio. :blink:

Cool. So can you give a special deal to DTV Forum members. :D

I've just posted the complete specifications of the AU Version X-Series Bravia.

Thanks for posting all that information. Do you happen to know whether this is the same X series as New Zealand will be getting?

I've just posted the complete specifications of the AU Version X-Series Bravia. So the answer to your question, NO there's no SCART connection on the X-Series. :D

Some people need things spelt out for them :blink:

Do you happen to have spec's on the newer (grey) S series as advertised by Myers by chance?

I rang sony central perth for those wondering, it should be on display by Friday next week. No pricing yet :blink:

Are these the x or v series ? I'm also interested in having a look at them. Put off getting the phllips 9831 in a group buy so I could have a look at the x series first before deciding to buy.

My_Sony, do you work in Sony Central World Square?

No worries, if you don't. :P I was gonna drop by and see about getting myself a TV :P

Damn, you caught me :blink:. Me and my big mouth. In saying that, no I don't work for Sony Central but I do work for Sony :D. I won't say what department, just for privacy reasons. Please don't blast me with all your questions because I don't have all the answers and the resources we have is limited. I will try my best however, in educating the public. I guess that's why I'm here to clarify any incorrect or inaccurate facts that people are throwing around. So it doesn't mislead those who are genuinely using this forum to get information to help them on their next purchase.

Are these the x or v series ? I'm also interested in having a look at them. Put off getting the phllips 9831 in a group buy so I could have a look at the x series first before deciding to buy.

I hear your dilemma. I was also looking at the Philips 9831 which IMHO has great PQ.

Now I am also waiting to view the Sony X and impending Sharp (due in Oct hopefully) before I buy one of the three. I will have to ring the Gold Coast Sony Central store to see if they have any on display.

finally some decent sized LCDs that are 1920x1080 native.

yeesh a bit on the pricey side, but will make it hard for people considering buying the lower res lcds now. Though I reckon in a year or so and they'll be selling for half the price of the rrp currently qouted. It happended with plasma, will happen with lcd for sure as well !

Thanks for posting all that information. Do you happen to know whether this is the same X series as New Zealand will be getting?

No it won't be exactly the same model. There'll be a slight variation between countries due to the TV tuners (especially ones with built-in Digital HD Tuners). But I can't verify any NZ models or what their differences are. Go to their website for more details: http://www.sony.co.nz/

Damn, you caught me :blink:. Me and my big mouth. In saying that, no I don't work for Sony Central but I do work for Sony :D. I won't say what department, just for privacy reasons.

Hehe, no worries. I do know some people who used to work at SonyStyle, and quite a few people at SonyBMG, but I'm not in the industry anymore :P Never thought I'd actually buy a Sony product :P

Take it easy. I'll drop by one of the shops instead :P

Hi Guys,

I have been reading the avforums in the UK and apparently according to the manuals and peoples experience PC input does not display at 1080p. This is not the case with the US version and Jap version. Is there a AU manual anywhere to confirm this? If you use hdmi -> dvi you get overscan problems with your PC. The 100 page discussion on avforums talks about this being an issue with the model released over there.

I pray ours is not the same.

Hi Guys,

I have been reading the avforums in the UK and apparently according to the manuals and peoples experience PC input does not display at 1080p. This is not the case with the US version and Jap version. Is there a AU manual anywhere to confirm this? If you use hdmi -> dvi you get overscan problems with your PC. The 100 page discussion on avforums talks about this being an issue with the model released over there.

Based on the regions you mention there, I would suggest (unfortunately) the Aus version will have the same limitations as the UK version because of similarities between UK and Australian formats (PAL/DVB) as compared to US and Japanese (NTSC/ATSC).

I'd love to be proved wrong tho! PAL territories always get shafted with new technologies.

Do you happen to have spec's on the newer (grey) S series as advertised by Myers by chance?

Bravia S-Series

KLV26S200 KLV32S200 KLV40S200

SRP: $1999 $2499 $3499

Features

•Slim Panel Design

•BRAVIA Engine

•Sony S-PVA Panel (except KLV26S200)

•High Definition resolution (1366 x 768)

•Wide Viewing Angle(178 Degrees)

•HDMI Input

•PC InputS SERIES LCD TV

•PIP (Picture in Picture for Freeze Function)

Specifications

Native Dispay Resolution: 1366x768

BRAVIA Engine

Multi Picture

Noise Reduction

Audio Output

BBE Digital

Terminals

HDMI Input x1

Component In x2

S-Video in x3

Composite in x3

Headphone Out x1

HD15 / PC Audio Input x1

Other Features

Power Saving Mode

Clock

On / Sleep Timer

Teletext

Light Sensor

Cinema Drive

Power Consumption [195W] [140W] [110W]

Dimensions (WxHxD mm)

With Stand [998 x 716 x 334] [792 x 593 x 219] [658 x 516 x 219]

W/O Stand [988 x 664 x 103] [792 x 546 x99] [658 x 470 x 94]

Weight (Kg)

With Stand [28] [28] [14]

W/O Stand [22] [16] [12]

Hi Guys,

Here is the UK manual for the 40X

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/2698671111.pdf

See page 47 with regards to PC input supported res:

WXGA - 1289 * 768 @ 60hz

I've just posted the complete specifications of the AU Version X-Series Bravia. So the answer to your question, NO there's no SCART connection on the X-Series. :blink:

I don't suppose that you accidently left PAP off the list????? I was praying it would be there and forgot to check when I looked at the set on the w/e :D

What's PAP?

Picture and Picture

It lets you watch TV and watch a different input (game???) at the same time - atleast I think that is what the uk model does.... :blink:

X as it's in the "X" thread. If your interested in a group buy let me know.

Is that a group buy on the x or the Philips?

Sorry for asking questions on this forum....I'll not make the same mistake again. :D

I don't suppose that you accidently left PAP off the list????? I was praying it would be there and forgot to check when I looked at the set on the w/e :D

Yes sorry, I did left it out by mistake. Yes it has PAP not PIP like in the S-Series. Man you guys don't miss a beat do you :blink:.

I would be interested in a group buy if I like what I see in the x series. I was very tempted to get the phillips 9831 in the group by organised here as well but just thought that I should really have a look at the x first before deciding on which one to buy. Please keep me posted if there is a potential group buy. Thanks.

When u say "RGB"? Do you mean component or the actual RGB connection? Cause RGB connection is not very common in devices as well as TVs. People sometimes gets confused and called a component connection as RGB because they use a red, green and blue cable. Anyway, for you 'lizclinton', I recommend you using component rather than S-video, you will get a better picture.

Most Scart devices do not support component through Scart. :blink:

There is not many Scart 2 Component adapters out there if it does support it.

My advise would be use S-video in short term until Blue-Ray or HD-DVD are released as current DVD's are

standard definition so not a huge difference between S-video and component.

Or you could buy a cheapish DVD player for short term use.

Where did you get this info from? Totaly incorrect. There are heaps of devices with component through scart, like tvs (mine) and dvd recorders.

A scart-component adaptor is the same as a scart-RGB adaptor as it's only sending a colour signal from a pin connection (scart) to a rca connection. The adaptors don't have audio connections though (none that I have seen anyway).

A scart-component adaptor is the same as a scart-RGB adaptor as it's only sending a colour signal from a pin connection (scart) to a rca connection. The adaptors don't have audio connections though (none that I have seen anyway).

Sure TV inputs can usually handle component through scart but sources like DVD players, STB's rarley support component through scart.

Not saying they don't exist just that most don't support it. :D

Newer equipment, say in the last 1-2 years are supporting it more and more but previous to that it wasn't a standard. And by "not many adapters available" I meant useable adaptors component adapter without audio are just about useless. :blink:

Doc