Sign in to follow this  
RabidWolve

Bravia X To Launch Soon?

Many a true word spoken (or typed) in jest, though. There is a bewildering choice of displays; some of which are very expensive. I'm finding choosing a new tv quite a demanding study. Being a perfectionist and all. And not wanting to allocate my dollars unwisely.

The article has no real intention to review the products; it's more of a "dummy-spit" of frustration and commentary, wrapped in humour. Its comments could apply to the whole range of LCD TV's that are being marketed, not specifically the Bravia series, and there are some "home truths" mentioned.

It may not be in good taste, and could even be misleading. However, my own personal reaction to it was to smile.

Yes, my reaction is that it's just a general whinge and that the people who'd be reading the article wouldn't be buying sets like that anyway. I did find amusing how they described the S series as "not exactly future proofed" but then railed on at the X series for being exactly that! Have a look at their home page and you'll see just where they're coming from. (and yes, that link further down the page is indeed not work safe :blink: )

:blink::D That idiottoys.com website is the funniest site I've seen in ages! :P:P

Anyone have confirmation that the Australian X series will definitely come with a built in HD tuner?

Anyone have confirmation that the Australian X series will definitely come with a built in HD tuner?

If you read the other posts you would know that both the new V series and X series will come with a built in HD tuner.

If you read the other posts you would know that both the new V series and X series will come with a built in HD tuner.

I have been reading it, all the spec's etc are from either the UK or the US version. There are no spec's for the AU version yet, hence why im asking.

I have been reading it, all the spec's etc are from either the UK or the US version. There are no spec's for the AU version yet, hence why im asking.

Ok then, didn't mean to be too harsh. The answer is yes.

Hi,

You may have missed my earlier post.

The specs at the bottom are for the AUSTRALIAN release!!!

I picked up a hardcopy of the specs from a store in Hobart.

ALSO

Does anyone else have any further indications of initial pricing?

Would be good to get a few more comparisons.

-------------------------------

Made some enquiries (re the X series) around the Hobart stores today.

Expectation is a mid Oct release of the 40", 46" and the 52".

Initial prices (Cash or Credit card):

From SONY CENTRAL (Liverpool St - Hobart) quoted:

KDL40X2000 $4,800

KDL46X2000 $6,100

KDL52X2000 $8,700

Also:

The SONEX store in Hobart quoted:

KDL46X2000 $6,000

Note:

Harvey Norman and Clive Peters will both be expecting them to be in stock in October, however no prices are available at this time.

Also received some spec sheets from the SONEX store - key items were as follows:

SPECIFICATIONS

Screen Size: 52"; 46"; 40"

Integrated HD Digital Tuner: Yes; Yes; Yes

Resolution: 1920 x 1080p; 1920 x 1080p; 1920 x 1080p

Multipicture: Yes; Yes; Yes

HDMI Input: x2; x2; x2

Component Input: x3; x3; x3

Teletext/Cinema Drive/Light Sensor: Yes; Yes; Yes

Power Consumption: 330W; 260W; 220W

Dimensions (with stand): 1415x890x384; 1262x795x322; 1111x717x322

Dimensions (without stand): 1415x827x123; 1262x734x121; 1111x657x121

Weight (with stand): 54.5 kg; 41kg; 35kg

Weight (without stand): 47 kg; 36kg; 30kg

ALSO

Hi All,

I have some pricing from Go Audio Visual in Melbourne just in from today...

They are pre-selling the new Bravia's at discount prices...

40" X Series $4,999 (RRP $5,499)

40" V Series $3,999 (RRP $4,499)

They also have of the older 1 x 40" V series left selling at $3,695

Looks like I'm going to wait and purchase a new series as for an extra $300 you get the inbuilt HD tuner and improved PQ...

This store quoted the delivery to be around early to mid October before we see the new V series and early November for the X series...

The rate they are going, we probably won't see any for sometime as they are all getting pre-sold!

Any similar deals here in Sydney? The price for the new V is very tempting coz I was 99% decided on the Samsung R 40.

The current V is no where near the 42" Philips 9831 so the new V & X had better be better! But IMHO if these new panels are still only 8ms then they are not on the pace. Philips and Sharp now have 3ms and 4ms panels becoming available, and PQ is not all about the number of pixels either. Fantastic blacks and high contrast 5000:1, and 1366 x 768 in 42" is superb at 3m viewing distance.... and the new X wont offer any visual benefit at 3m! Dont be blinded by HD marketing and the Sony badge!

For those interested Im currently putting together a group buy on the 42" Philips 42PF9831 at cost!

$4500 and I think that is an excellent price for the best 42" panel given it has just been released at $6900 with the street prices at $4,900-$5,100!

Refer to the Philips thread http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtop...mp;#entry475045

or PM me if you're interested!

Cheers

Bruce

Philips and Sharp now have 3ms and 4ms panels becoming available, and PQ is not all about the number of pixels either... Dont be blinded by marketing and the Sony badge!

Way to troll... seriously, I'm sure you're not being malicious by posting this in here, but I am positive ppl are capable of doing their research on TVs especially if they are visiting this forum in particular. I just came from the Philips Ambilight thread and now you're posting in here - I am visiting the Sony Bravia thread to read about the new *SONY BRAVIA* not cross-postings about the Philips.

I have no doubt the Philips is a superb TV - it looks great, has excellent specs and comes well recommended in this forum - however, even at the "discounted" price of $4500, it is still waaaay over-priced IMO.

There are far better value panels on the market such as the Sony V series or the Samsung R that provide superb quality and bang-for-buck. The question is, is the Philips *that* much better that it justifies an additional outlay of $1000-$1500 more over the Sony and Samsung? IMO it isn't, but I'm sure there are those such as yourself that will disagree.

If Philips dropped the price of their 42" Ambilight to the same level as the Sony or Samsung, or offered a model with similar specs WITHOUT that god-awful glass-surround (that just makes the TV take up far too much space in the room), then I would look at the Philips again very seriously. Until then... good luck with your group-buy.

lol, looks like 'The Jones's' is trying to get more numbers for his bulk buy :blink:

On a more serious note, any one know of any retailers in Adelaide that might get the X on display anytime soon?

I've called up HN Enfield, they don't even know what im talking about. I've also called Sony Central, they only have a brochure and no firm dates.

The Sony Shop in Perth have the current 40" V series ticketed for $3788. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this next week. Can't really go wrong.

Way to troll... seriously, I'm sure you're not being malicious by posting this in here, but I am positive ppl are capable of doing their research on TVs especially if they are visiting this forum in particular. I just came from the Philips Ambilight thread and now you're posting in here - I am visiting the Sony Bravia thread to read about the new *SONY BRAVIA* not cross-postings about the Philips.

I have no doubt the Philips is a superb TV - it looks great, has excellent specs and comes well recommended in this forum - however, even at the "discounted" price of $4500, it is still waaaay over-priced IMO.

There are far better value panels on the market such as the Sony V series or the Samsung R that provide superb quality and bang-for-buck. The question is, is the Philips *that* much better that it justifies an additional outlay of $1000-$1500 more over the Sony and Samsung? IMO it isn't, but I'm sure there are those such as yourself that will disagree.

If Philips dropped the price of their 42" Ambilight to the same level as the Sony or Samsung, or offered a model with similar specs WITHOUT that god-awful glass-surround (that just makes the TV take up far too much space in the room), then I would look at the Philips again very seriously. Until then... good luck with your group-buy.

Thanks and certainly no, its not meant to be malicious LOL! This is all about information isnt it! I take eyour point and dont disagree, but I though a post was quite appropriate as I'm in exactly the same position as others reading and posting here, trying to decide on THE panel for me. After months of research Im finally ready to buy, and the main aim is to help others considering maybe the Philips or the Bravia - as these are easily the top of the bunch. I wish I could wait for a look at the X too but its pricing is likely to be on another planet on launch.

Re 'overpriced' and the Philips group buy Im trying to put together, it seems to me the new 'special' price of $4500 is now finally about right for the significantly better PQ it offers over the current 40" panels, especially SD performance, plus you get the extra real estate of the 42" with the Philips which I think further justifies the price. When I first saw it at $6000, I said to myself wow, if this set was $4500 it would be a great buy! Compared to the current 40" V at $3600, I think it still is IMHO. Yes its big but luckily it adds a lot of depth to the picture and thats what we all want. Plus it will look great on a wall!

Its so frustrating all these new panels are launched with sky high prices and then they drop so much over 3-6-9 months...makes you feel bad doesnt it and works against sales dont you think?

Made some enquiries (re the X series) around the Hobart stores today.

Expectation is a mid Oct release of the 40", 46" and the 52".

Initial prices (Cash or Credit card):

From SONY CENTRAL (Liverpool St - Hobart) quoted:

KDL40X2000 $4,800

KDL46X2000 $6,100

KDL52X2000 $8,700

Also:

The SONEX store in Hobart quoted:

KDL46X2000 $6,000

Note:

Harvey Norman and Clive Peters will both be expecting them to be in stock in October, however no prices are available at this time.

Thanks Curiousmind.

Anyone else with further initial price indications?

Especially for the 46X?

Thanks and certainly no, its not meant to be malicious LOL! This is all about information isnt it! I take eyour point and dont disagree, but I though a post was quite appropriate as I'm in exactly the same position as others reading and posting here, trying to decide on THE panel for me. After months of research Im finally ready to buy, and the main aim is to help others considering maybe the Philips or the Bravia - as these are easily the top of the bunch. I wish I could wait for a look at the X too but its pricing is likely to be on another planet on launch.

Re 'overpriced' and the Philips group buy Im trying to put together, it seems to me the new 'special' price of $4500 is now finally about right for the significantly better PQ it offers over the current 40" panels, especially SD performance, plus you get the extra real estate of the 42" with the Philips which I think further justifies the price. When I first saw it at $6000, I said to myself wow, if this set was $4500 it would be a great buy! Compared to the current 40" V at $3600, I think it still is IMHO. Yes its big but luckily it adds a lot of depth to the picture and thats what we all want. Plus it will look great on a wall!

Its so frustrating all these new panels are launched with sky high prices and then they drop so much over 3-6-9 months...makes you feel bad doesnt it and works against sales dont you think?

This is a Bravia thread, can you please stop going on about the Philips group buy. If you want to inform people about it then start another thread or post in a current Philips thread. I'm sure if someone is interested in the Philips they can read that thread.

Now, where were we? Oh, yes the Bravia X and how much better it is than that Philips POS. :blink:

Hey good news all,

The new X-series will be released in some stores next week!!!

That is around the 12-13 of September.

All good things come to those who wait.

Doc

Hey good news all,

The new X-series will be released in some stores next week!!!

That is around the 12-13 of September.

All good things come to those who wait.

Doc

Which stores? Sony, or HN, JB, DSE. Im dying to see these.

Which stores? Sony, or HN, JB, DSE. Im dying to see these.

All Sony Central stores should have them. :D

Although there is probably not many sources to feed them full 1080. :blink:

Doc

Have ordered mine and was told I may have it as early as this Friday arvo. Fingers crossed.

Have ordered mine and was told I may have it as early as this Friday arvo. Fingers crossed.

lizclinton

Which model did you order? where from? how much?

Would love the info as I want to order a 46 inch x series asap.

cheers

matey

lizclinton

Which model did you order? where from? how much?

Would love the info as I want to order a 46 inch x series asap.

cheers

matey

I have ordered a KDL 46x2000 from the sony centre in Hobart for $6100.00.

I have ordered a KDL 46x2000 from the sony centre in Hobart for $6100.00.

I envy you if the above is true. :D

Any reports of the X series being available in Sydney? How come Hobart gets it before Sydney/Melbourne? :blink: