Sign in to follow this  
RabidWolve

Bravia X To Launch Soon?

Correct, According to the manual the left button (book one) is supposed to bring up the full EPG. The right button is the information button. Not sure why it is not working on the sony. My Brother in law has a Samsung and he gets a fulll epg.

Weird - my manual says the right button "displays details of the current or next program" while the left one "has no fuction for this TV". Don't know if it'll be of any use but the manual says c 2006 on the bottom left corner of the cover.

Hi All,

I've just recently bought a Mac Mini to act as an HTPC. When I connected it via a DVI->HDMI cable to my 40X2000, the results were really poor. I started this other thread, but thought I might get more x-series expertise there. The other thread is here:

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=48778

So, here's the situation:

* Mac Mini duo with Windows XP

* Connected to 40x via DVI->HDMI cable

* Latest video drivers

* video out set at 1920x1080 @ 50Hz

* panel set at "full pixel" (this is 1:1 pixel mapping, right?)

* all other panel signal processing turned OFF

For the life of me, I can't figure this out. The picture appears to me as if I'm trying to drive the panel at a non-native resolution -- some pixels appear doubled-up, etc. However, I know I'm outputting 1920x1080 -- the panel even flashes "1080p" when I switch to the HDMI input, which indicates, I think, that it's receiving the correct resolution.

BTW, the Mini is setup to dual boot with Mac OS, and I did try switching to that OS, and had the exact same results. This indicates that the issue is NOT with the OS or video driver.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I was thinking of getting KLV32S200A or KDL32V2000 is there anything I should look out for in either and what price should I pay? Is Ebay the go? Just general tv viewing / note book monitor.

Hope you can help

Thanks

MrP

Hi All,

I've just recently bought a Mac Mini to act as an HTPC. When I connected it via a DVI->HDMI cable to my 40X2000, the results were really poor. I started this other thread, but thought I might get more x-series expertise there. The other thread is here:

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=48778

So, here's the situation:

* Mac Mini duo with Windows XP

* Connected to 40x via DVI->HDMI cable

* Latest video drivers

* video out set at 1920x1080 @ 50Hz

* panel set at "full pixel" (this is 1:1 pixel mapping, right?)

* all other panel signal processing turned OFF

For the life of me, I can't figure this out. The picture appears to me as if I'm trying to drive the panel at a non-native resolution -- some pixels appear doubled-up, etc. However, I know I'm outputting 1920x1080 -- the panel even flashes "1080p" when I switch to the HDMI input, which indicates, I think, that it's receiving the correct resolution.

BTW, the Mini is setup to dual boot with Mac OS, and I did try switching to that OS, and had the exact same results. This indicates that the issue is NOT with the OS or video driver.

Does anyone have any ideas?

have you mucked around with Displays with OSX on the mini to set the right resolution. I run the MBP with my 46X and it is flawless

Yeah it sounds to me like a problem with the Mini, I've had a HTPC connected for a while now DVI-HDMI, the only thing I needed to change on the panel was the Full Pixel setting.

Anyone tried a AppleTV streaming evice ($499) with a Sony X-series?

Hey I'm new here but I have a question :blink:

I was wondering if anyone knows if I were to buy a Sony ??X2500 prob the 40" from japan (I am going on hols in july) , will it work in Australia? The TV tuner etc. I know the power is different (110v vs 240v).

What will and won't work here?

Thankyou for any light you can shine on the subject

(sorry if this is the wrong fourm I couldn't add a topic)

Edited by CletusB

Have already started a New Topic on this problem but thought this might be the best place to get some help.

Here is the link : http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=50865

Here is the problem :

I have had my Sony KDL46X2000 for about 5 weeks and just purchased a DVD player with HDMI out connection.

When I connect the DVD player using the HDMI the colour is totally wrong.

The splash screen for the dvd player (using HDMI) shows a RED background with some other writing but when I connect the DVD player using component the red areas of the splash screen are replaced with BLUE

Everything works correctly except the colour is wrong, eg peoples faces in HDMI mode have a blue tinge and not skin coloured.

I have various settings on the DVD player but none of them correct the colour when using the HDMI lead.

I really want to use HDMI because the picture quality is much sharper than component and thats why i bought the DVD player

I have tried the DVD player on my mates 50" Pioneer Viera with HDMI and the colours are correct.

Therefore it must be the Sony HDMI input.

I have tried various setting on the Sony without any luck.

I have a DVI to HDMI connection from my PC and that works fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as it is driving me crazy.

Sorry for the long post but I needed to fully explain my problem

There are a few of us out there that have X series TV's and are wanting to know the good oil on what is the recommended DVD player to complement this magnificant screen as the current DVD player just isn't up to the job of giving me a reasonable PQ.

The aim is not to invest more than $200 to tie us over until BR or HD-DVD is more affordable (and are second/third generation to iron out any wrinkles). That discounts the Oppo, which would be my number 1 choice, but at $400 dollars is well on the way to paying for the next gen technology.

What I'd like to hear from people with a Bravia X is what they are using and how the PQ compares as a benchmark to the current FTA 1080i content. Is it; Worst, comparable, or better? (I think that the PQ on FTA 1080i content in general looks fantastic!)

Just to make this more interesting to a wider audience, feel free to add other sources, such as the PS3 (both as a DVD upscaler and BR player)

Thanks

Can someone please tell me if these X series TVs support NTSC signals? i.e. can I play US content on them? Thanks.

Can someone please tell me if these X series TVs support NTSC signals? i.e. can I play US content on them? Thanks.

The Sony NZ website says " Multi-system TV tuner & multi-voltage compatible" so I guess yes.. It would a a brave manufacturer that didn't do both NTSC and PAL in this reagion..

Hi,

I'm new here and being my first post I thought I'll share this news from Sony regarding the launch of new Bravia's:)

Not sure if I should start a new topic, but I'm sure this info will be passed on.

============================================================================

New Sony Bravia LCD TV Range Coming

David Richards - Tuesday, 10 July 2007

In a space of three weeks Sony has gone from saying that there will be be a shortage of Bravia LCD TVs in Australia to suddenly having stock. The move, which is seen as a ruse to shift old Sony Bravia TVs running at 50Hz, was done to make way for a new generation of Sony Bravia TVs which will be launched this month at a major Sony event in Sydney.

"We will have stock, a lot of stock" said Sony Corporate Affairs Manager Jenny Geddes. "There will be no shortages of LCD TV at Sony. This year you will see a big emphasis on our new LCD TV range as well as a new range of home theatre Hi Fi systems, " she added.

During the next few weeks Sony Australia plans to role out a more advanced lines of its Bravia LCD TVs using the company's approach to 100Hz refresh rate technology. All will come with 1080p "Full HD" resolution. Currently the company is testing a 1080p Sony Bravia 46" X series LCD TV running at 100Hz.. The big problem that Sony faces is that like all manufacturers launching new 100Hz LCD TV's they have to explain the technology to an audience of consumers and retailers.

Jason Leuzzi a Training Manager at Sony Australia said "We are not going to get involved in explaining the technicality

In recent months Sony has stepped up its emphasis on design and will show LCD TVs with new floating glass frame styles and large screen SXRD rear-projection sets with significantly reduced cabinet depths, including select SKUs that were said to be 40 percent narrower than last year's models.

Both categories also include models that expand on Sony's popular use of interchangeable bezels or speaker grilles that accent the sets with a choice of color options.

"Bravia is not just about a pretty picture," said Randy Waynick, Sony home products division marketing VP. "It's an art. Now you've got flat panels that hang on the wall. So, we've worked hard to make them fit in and complement the environment."

New models all feature Sony's Digital Media Extender (DMeX), technology that employs a digital connection for the Bravia Internet Video Link module. The module will enable users to view select Internet-delivered video content including some planned high-definition offerings from the likes of Sony Pictures Entertainment and Sony BMG Music.

The video link mounts on the back of the set to allow a direct connection to the Internet via an existing broadband Ethernet connection (3Mbps or higher) without the use of a personal computer.

Select Bravia LCD TV models feature 10-bit panels, Sony's "Motionflow" 100Hz high frame rate technology, and are capable of displaying the expanded color depth of forthcoming x.v.YCC * which Sony calls "x.v.Color" * encoded video content. The new LCD TVs are offered in several model series. Screen sizes in each include 52 inches, 46 inches and 40 inches.

Sony LCD TV models also include Sony's Bravia Theatre Sync feature for unified one-button home theater system control when using components equipped with HDMI-CEC standard interfaces.

Another feature found in both the new LCD and SXRD models is a "Theater Mode" that adjusts the TV picture settings to a preset that was established in consultation with motion picture professionals for optimal movie viewing, Sony said.

New Bravia models also add a new Photo TV HD mode that sets the picture parameters to produce the look of actual printed photographs.

In recent months Sony has stepped up its emphasis on design and will show LCD TVs with new floating glass frame styles and large screen SXRD rear-projection sets with significantly reduced cabinet depths, including select SKUs that were said to be 40 percent narrower than last year's models.

Wow. Guys, am I dreaming or what? The new SXRD will be here in Australia? The same one that will be released in US this fall? http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores...552921665156111

Could anyone please confirm? If that one (XBR5 SXRD) in US is the one the article is talking about, I will definately buy one! :) I'm so hyped up OMG

Hey Guys

Just in case anyone is still keen on buying the old models (as it looks like they are about to become)

Dick Smith in Melbourne CBD has

40" x series $3739

46" x series $4504

as part of a 15% off lcd sale. A bit of haggling could make these very affordable.

Edited by Becksdu

Wow. Guys, am I dreaming or what? The new SXRD will be here in Australia? The same one that will be released in US this fall? http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores...552921665156111

Could anyone please confirm? If that one (XBR5 SXRD) in US is the one the article is talking about, I will definately buy one! :) I'm so hyped up OMG

In the other SXRD threads we have no confirmation of that (if I'm reading correctly)

The XBR5 model looks un-necessarily expensive compared to the A3000 (or whatever it is) it's clearly better but not that much better.

3300$ US for a 60" A3000 or 5000$ US for a 60" XBR5, both LCoS displays, both with 120hz and 1080p60 over HDMI and component (apparently)

If i'm reading right....

Had a look at the current model 52" X series today to see how it coped with SD DVD fed via component. It looked surprisingly good at 3m on SD DVD - however - the face tones seem to fluctuate between smooth & grainy. It's as if the upscaling engine is trying to even out the pixels and it's drifting in & out. I was looking for problems so the average Jo Blo probably would not even notice. Anyone else notice this phenomena? The panning was not smooth either which i think is a common complaint for this generation of screen (3:2 pull down?). Again the average person wouldn't notice. If the pricing was more competitive then it would be a goer.

well bought a 46inch X series.. arrived yesterday and i love it!!

is there any options to fine tune the tv to get better quality??

Also is there any recommendation for dvd players?

Should i get a dvd player that upscales to full HD? or does the tv do that automatically?

Or wait till blueray dvd player come down in price?

I've just tried hooking up my PC to my X series, and it mostly works, with one problem - the brightness and contrast settings seem to vary up or down depending on what I am doing on the computer. For example, if I am just at my desktop, or just playing a video, then the brightness and contrast are very low, but if I have another window open (like a properties window), the brightness and contrast are fine.

Is this likely to be a problem with the TV having wierd auto-detect settings, or an issue with the video card on the PC?

Check your settings on the TV for the PC input; turn off all the video-related enhancements like Black Enhancer, Contrast Enhancer etc. And don't use either the "Standard" or "Vivid" settings, as in those modes the Bravia will auto-dim the backlight when little content is on the screen (this is the firmware cover-up for mura effect that was introduced with the firmware upgrade for the X2000 series).

That worked really well - thanks!

Now I just need to get the settings just right :rolleyes: