Sign in to follow this  
RabidWolve

Bravia X To Launch Soon?

Well, thanks a lot for that advice - probably saved me a lot of trial and error!

Just bought the 40x from JBHiFi

$3700 + $200 4year extended warranty + Delivery

These guys do scare for buying surge protector.

Bought DVI to HDMI cable for $52.00 (3M)

I hope i got a good price. Will be delivered on monday. Can't Wait.

Just bought the 40x from JBHiFi

$3700 + $200 4year extended warranty + Delivery

These guys do scare for buying surge protector.

Bought DVI to HDMI cable for $52.00 (3M)

I hope i got a good price. Will be delivered on monday. Can't Wait.

JB in Melbourne have the 40x for $3686 as the listed price until Sunday 25/3

JB in Melbourne have the 40x for $3686 as the listed price until Sunday 25/3

Just for those thinking about buying the Sony 40", Radio Rentals told me today that the RRP went down by a furthe $500 yesterday to $4499.

You'd think that with a reasonable bit of shopping around that $3500 and less could be achievable now.

Some info about upcoming Bravia models:

X2550:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/28/sony-an...with-x-v-color/

S3000 and D3000:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/29/two-new...uropean-market/

J5000 and J3000:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/28/sonys-n...-stand-unveile/

V3000, S3000 (again) and XBR4 (US market, probably same as X2550):

http://www.engadget.com/2007/02/27/sonys-n...th-ivl-support/

Edited by shump

I'm in the market for an LCD HDTV.

I was looking at the Bravia X series. Should I wait for the models in the last post ie: X2550:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/28/sony-an...with-x-v-color/

If so how long do you think the wait will be?

TIA.

To buy or not to buy....................that is the question (sorry Bill).

The way I look at there is always a "new" model just around the corner, in LCD speak that's seems to be every 8 months or so.

1. If you buy one when they are released you pay the highest price

2. If you wait 4 months or so, you get a good discount and save say 20% to 30%

3. If you wait until the "new" model is released then you might save say 50% on the "old" model

Meanwhile the "new" model is at the highest price

So when do you buy?

People who want the latest and greatest buy at #1, price is irrelevant to them

People who want the latest and greatest but aren't prepared to pay the launch price wait buy at #2, price is relevant to them but so is the technology.

People to whom price is most relevant buy at #3 and enjoy the fact that they paid half price.

The only reason I, personally, would go for #1 in this case was if the "old" model had some major deficiency that the "new" model was guaranteed to fix. Since that is not the case on this occasion, I would buy one now at the cheapest price I could find.

:blink: cheers :D

totally agree, im waiting till the new ones are out then im going shopping for the older x40" model, $3500 with 5year w is my goal.

cheers ,

niko.

Does anyone know if the RRP will come down again anytime soon or will they wait for the new model to do that? If so whens the new one coming out?

I googled the newly announced Bravia 46x2550 and got Google to translate the Japanese page. Once I stopped laughing (Google translated the Japanese for Bravia as [brassiere Beer]!) I took a look at the specs and they don't seem too different from the 46X2000. The LCD specs are the same with 8ms response and 450 cdm3. The look has changed (cosmetic) so the only noticable spec difference seems to be the use of the xv Bravia engine. I'm not sure if this would be worth waiting for or not??

Anyhow I don't think I will be waiting - planning to order my 46X2000 over the weekend with fingers crossed about getting a cloud-free unit. (Hard to tell how prevalent clouds are since only people having problems are complaining. From a couple of posts it seems that Feb 07 and Mar 07 sets are doing OK??)

Anyhow I don't think I will be waiting - planning to order my 46X2000 over the weekend with fingers crossed about getting a cloud-free unit.

Good on you, taking the plunge! :blink:

Keep us informed on what price you got it for if you don't mind :D

Just bought the 46x2000 for $4,480 + $200 for delivery from JB Hi-Fi.

Delivery should be here today some time :blink:

Nice price! Which JB Hifi did you purchase it from? And was that price excluding extended warranty?

The 46x2000 arrived on friday. I am really happy with this purchase :blink: It looks so much bigger in the lounge room, than in the show room.

Even SD DVDs look great on the system (through component).

could not see any patchy/uneven lights while watching Batman Begins, which is pretty dark. Tv is a March 07 model.

It was $4,480 for the tv and $200 for 5 yr warrany.

Anyone know any good calibration setting to start off with? (seen too many different settings on the net)

PS: Is RGB the only way to get 1080p from the xbox 360?

I checked the April issue of Sony's Pulse (offcial catalog)-still the same models as before, although some prices were reduced

PS: Is RGB the only way to get 1080p from the xbox 360?

I believe that the Sony Bravia Xs are unable to support 1080p through component =(

So unfortunately the only way to get 1080p would be via the VGA cable (someone correct me if I'm incorrect here pls) or HDMI...assuming if you bought the new Elite Xbox 360

Has anyone had any luck playing videos through media player and a vga connection ?

I had my notebook connected via vga. The bravia showed the computer's output fine, but if I played a video (divx) through media player, it looked fine on the notebook, but was blank on the tv. The media player frame was there, just no video.

thanks

Has anyone had any luck playing videos through media player and a vga connection ?

I had my notebook connected via vga. The bravia showed the computer's output fine, but if I played a video (divx) through media player, it looked fine on the notebook, but was blank on the tv. The media player frame was there, just no video.

thanks

Sounds like you are running it as some kind of dual display. Are you running it in "clone" mode where it displays both the LCD and VGA the same or dual display?

It's the overlay system being used. If you make the VGA output the primary display or clone so they are identical I think that might fix your problem.

Note this is entirely an issue with your notebook setup - there is nothing to change on your panel.

Thanks Shonky. I'm using dual display mode I think, that is I can see the notebook display at the same time as its displaying on the tv. I didnt think it was a tv issue, more likely a notebook setup issue.

I'll try what you suggested and see how I go :blink:

I believe that the Sony Bravia Xs are unable to support 1080p through component =(

So unfortunately the only way to get 1080p would be via the VGA cable (someone correct me if I'm incorrect here pls) or HDMI...assuming if you bought the new Elite Xbox 360

Hello all.

I have read somewhere that the x series doesnt support 1080P over VGA. I was looking at getting the VGA cable for my 360 (so it can upscale my DVDs) but the max resolution for this TV over VGA is quite poor. I am going to either buy a stand alone DVD player with HDMI output.....wait for the 360 Elite.....or buy a blu-ray/ HDDVD player....

Can anyone suggest the best idea for this TV?? (mine is the KDL40X2000)

Cheers

Hello all.

I have read somewhere that the x series doesnt support 1080P over VGA. I was looking at getting the VGA cable for my 360 (so it can upscale my DVDs) but the max resolution for this TV over VGA is quite poor. I am going to either buy a stand alone DVD player with HDMI output.....wait for the 360 Elite.....or buy a blu-ray/ HDDVD player....

Can anyone suggest the best idea for this TV?? (mine is the KDL40X2000)

Cheers

Mediagate HD-350

You can run DVI/HDMI cable for 1080p and play almost any codec available including .ts files which dvd's use.

Good for playback of your own backup dvd's and blue/ray HD-DVD titles. :blink:

Hope I am posting in the correct topic. Since I have not reached the required number of posts I cannot open up a new topic. Anyway...

I have a Bravia X Series. Whene I call up the EPG guide on the remote I get "Feature not available on this model". Does this work for any other x series users?

Hope I am posting in the correct topic. Since I have not reached the required number of posts I cannot open up a new topic. Anyway...

I have a Bravia X Series. Whene I call up the EPG guide on the remote I get "Feature not available on this model". Does this work for any other x series users?

Sure you're pressing the right button (the one with the i+)? The left button (the book one) is the one that brings up the Feature Not available message for me.

Mediagate HD-350

You can run DVI/HDMI cable for 1080p and play almost any codec available including .ts files which dvd's use.

Good for playback of your own backup dvd's and blue/ray HD-DVD titles. :blink:

So how would this work? do i connect to the mediagate through USB with the 360 then DVI-HDMI to my bravia???

Sure you're pressing the right button (the one with the i+)? The left button (the book one) is the one that brings up the Feature Not available message for me.

Correct, According to the manual the left button (book one) is supposed to bring up the full EPG. The right button is the information button. Not sure why it is not working on the sony. My Brother in law has a Samsung and he gets a fulll epg.