Sign in to follow this  
RabidWolve

Bravia X To Launch Soon?

ok.. picked up the 46x tonight from HN cannington, gets delivered tommorow, have made notes of the settings and will give them a try.

btw.. the price was $5500 all up with extend warranty and delivery (it's actually for my father in law.. he'll be a happy camper tommorow night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who did you speak to? Theirs a guy that's short and from another country that works there. I won't go back until he is fired. Total wanker. Has no idea what HDMI is.

QUOTE(quansta @ Mar 9 2007, 01:31 AM)

ok.. picked up the 46x tonight from HN cannington, gets delivered tommorow, have made notes of the settings and will give them a try.

btw.. the price was $5500 all up with extend warranty and delivery (it's actually for my father in law.. he'll be a happy camper tommorow night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who did you speak to? Theirs a guy that's short and from another country that works there. I won't go back until he is fired. Total wanker. Has no idea what HDMI is.

can't remember his name, but he was ok... you probably got someone from the white goods department !! hahahahahha

Just wondering what the current best price that KDL46X2000 is - even better if you can give an insight in what is available in Canberra.

JB-HiFi have a current special of $5298 probably will go to $5250. I was quoted $420 for a 5 year warranty extension. Am also considering getting a Topfield TF7000HDPVRt STB (RRP is about $1250 but I had $1100 mentioned if bought at the same time) and maybe a new stand. I would guess that I could negotiate a reasonable package price but was wondering what other's are managing to get?

Cheers

I went to HN chadstone to buy a TV, but the sales guy was just pushy and plain rude so I left. Drove about 5 minutes to JB Hifi, and the guy was much nicer. Picked up the 40" X series with a stand that retailed for $399 for $4300 inc delivery(no extended warranty). On the invoice TV price was written as $4050. This was on Visa as well, as they wouldn't give me any further discounts for paying cash.

Not sure if that is a good price or not, but I was happy with the service. On a side note, the antena cable that came with the TV did not fit into my wall socket, so I'm just using a spare one I had. Does buying a good quality cable make any difference? And should I invest in one of those expensive surge protectors? (my house being fairly new already has one of those clipsal things that shut off when load is too high)

Edited by snailtrail83

I went to HN chadstone to buy a TV, but the sales guy was just pushy and plain rude so I left. Drove about 5 minutes to JB Hifi, and the guy was much nicer. Picked up the 40" X series with a stand that retailed for $399 for $4300 inc delivery(no extended warranty). On the invoice TV price was written as $4050. This was on Visa as well, as they wouldn't give me any further discounts for paying cash.

Not sure if that is a good price or not, but I was happy with the service. On a side note, the antena cable that came with the TV did not fit into my wall socket, so I'm just using a spare one I had. Does buying a good quality cable make any difference? And should I invest in one of those expensive surge protectors? (my house being fairly new already has one of those clipsal things that shut off when load is too high)

Firstly thanks heaps to everyone taking time to post here. After reading all the forums for the last 2 months I finally decided on the KDL40X2000

Not sure if that is a good price or not, but I was happy with the service.

I managed to get a few prices on Friday just under $4,000 so decide 100% that was the way to go. The absolute best price I had anywhere was the Good Guys at Fountain Gate, $3995 plus $180 for the additional 4 year warranty and 20 months interest free but they didn't have stock and said it would be 2 -3 weeks.

I walked into Harvey Norman in Cranbourne on Saturday at 4.45 pm and told the guy if he can do $3950 with 5 year warranty and 2 years interest free that he has a sale! He checked his price and stock and said OK! I nearly fell over. :blink: It helped that he was the franchise owner!! He was happy to do it as he had 5 of that TV in stock.

The manufacture date is February 2007. :D Also for what it is worth the KDL40X2000 fits perfectly into the back of a Ford Territory standing up!

Dazzz

$3800 + $200 Ext Warranty incl delivery, purchased yesterday JBHIFI Castle Hill delivered today, very happy with it (for my folks).

I just sold to a friend of mine my 6 week old kdl 40x2000.

I upgraded to the kdl 46x2000 (should have got this one in the first place :blink: )

Anyway purchased it from the goodguys for $4700. (special customer rate.) Normal best price was $4932 in which Harvey Norman, Good guys, and Dicksmith power house could all do it for that price.

FYI the above three stores purchase price from sony for KDL 46x2000 is $4432 including GST. (This does not include any special promo arangements that Sony has with these stores.)

So it seems the minimum they make on one of these units is $500 around 10%.

I upgraded to the kdl 46x2000 (should have got this one in the first place :blink: )

Anyway purchased it from the goodguys for $4700. (special customer rate.) Normal best price was $4932 in which Harvey Norman, Good guys, and Dicksmith power house could all do it for that price.

FYI the above three stores purchase price from sony for KDL 46x2000 is $4432 including GST. (This does not include any special promo arangements that Sony has with these stores.)

Thats good price mate. Did you get extended warranty as well, also how does one become a special customer ? :D

I second that question, How does one get special customer pricing, and did you have to pay extra for an extended warranty? I've got to get something within the next 2-3 weeks or my wife is gonna kill me.

Thats good price mate. Did you get extended warranty as well, also how does one become a special customer ? :blink:

Extended warranty is an extra $200 so the total would be $4900.

I didn't take the extended warranty do you think it's really worth it ?

What does the extended warranty include ?

In the past I have found most problems if they occur will happen in first few weeks.

My business does work for that particular franchise of the Good guys, thats why I had that special rate.

The $4932 I believe the lowest they would go to as they would not make min 10% profit margin.

Helped me to know what the product cost was saved me a lot of bargining time. Was able to purchase in one day.

If anyone is interested, I went to buy a Pioneer at HN today and beat the sales the person to a pulp (figuratively speaking :blink:). In the end he conceded to what I was willing to pay but he quickly added that he can sell me a Sony 40" X for $3700. I'm sure he would have gone lower but I wasn't prepared to pay the extra premium I told him I wasn't interested.

hi dazz, im too going to buy a 40"x just have to wait a little longer(hoping the price will drop a little lower. Im in south frankston and probably will buy from the same place you want to(great price)

Do you think its worth waiting a little longer? ive got two months before i have to buy.(need it for a flat up at the snow)

Whats it like so far have you had any probems with it ?

cheers ,

niko.

Guys,

There is a 1K difference between 40V2000 and 40X2000...

I'm interested on what grounds you have made your choice that this 1K difference is worth it..

I am myself thinking about either of these two models and have not made up my mind....

Would appreciate your thoughts if you faced this question yourselves...

Cheers

P

Extended warranty is an extra $200 so the total would be $4900.

I didn't take the extended warranty do you think it's really worth it ?

What does the extended warranty include ?

In the past I have found most problems if they occur will happen in first few weeks.

My business does work for that particular franchise of the Good guys, thats why I had that special rate.

The $4932 I believe the lowest they would go to as they would not make min 10% profit margin.

Helped me to know what the product cost was saved me a lot of bargining time. Was able to purchase in one day.

Yeah i think generally speaking for a product worth $5000, $200 worth extended warranty is definelty worth it. As even if there is minor repair on your TV past the 1 year, the minimum cost will be atleast $200.

hi dazz, im too going to buy a 40"x just have to wait a little longer(hoping the price will drop a little lower. Im in south frankston and probably will buy from the same place you want to(great price)

Do you think its worth waiting a little longer? ive got two months before i have to buy.(need it for a flat up at the snow)

Whats it like so far have you had any probems with it ?

cheers ,

niko.

I have been waitng 18 months to by a decent TV. :blink: I originally had my eye on a Bravia S wich was over 4k on release. As soon as I could get the X under 4k with 5 year warranty and interest free the decision was made.

This TV is awesome!! :D

Our lounge is only 4m x 6m so we only sit about 3.5m from it. If I was much further away I would have gone for the 46 inch. I went back to Harvey Norman Cranbourne yesterday and bought a Topfield 5000 PVR and the pictures via component input is great even for SD. I will upgrade to a HD PVR in 6 - 12 months once they have sorted themselves out a bit (price, firmware etc.) and there is a little more genuine HD content to record!

--

Dazzz

grays online has a couple of 40x's going if anyone is keen.

I have wathced a lot of Grays online auctions in the very early days you could pick up some bargains but recently nothing tends to go cheap!! By the time you pay the sellers premium and shipping.

--

Dazzz

Guys,

There is a 1K difference between 40V2000 and 40X2000...

I'm interested on what grounds you have made your choice that this 1K difference is worth it..

I am myself thinking about either of these two models and have not made up my mind....

Would appreciate your thoughts if you faced this question yourselves...

Cheers

P

For me it was simply the difference between how these 2 play HD content. SD TV and DVD are much the same in a direct comparison but I saw them side by side playing a Bluray disc and the X was far better. I know HD-DVD and Bluray discs are still a year or so from being readily available at your local Video Ezy but it will happen. I plan to have my 40 X for at least 5 years as our main TV and I am betting this time next year I'l be sitting back on my couch watching a HD-DVD on a Saturday evening.

--

Dazzz

Hay dazz, wahts the Topfield 5000 PVR all about ? sorry im new to all this.

niko. :blink:

Query re settings - eg, as supplied by vatoe:

If I apply settings to a Bravia X2000 tv for the inbuilt tuner, and then add, say, a DVD player to one input, apply settings for that, then add a PVR to another input and apply settings to that....

Does each batch of settings remain in some 'memory' of the Bravia, or does alteration of settings for any one input alter settings for all inputs and the tv - or, to put it another way, if I go back to watch a DVD after putting settings in for the PVR, do I need to re-enter appropriate settings for the DVD input, or will they still be there from last time?

I hope they will be constant!

Please say they will.....someone?

thanks- jon1

Query re settings - eg, as supplied by vatoe:

If I apply settings to a Bravia X2000 tv for the inbuilt tuner, and then add, say, a DVD player to one input, apply settings for that, then add a PVR to another input and apply settings to that....

Does each batch of settings remain in some 'memory' of the Bravia, or does alteration of settings for any one input alter settings for all inputs and the tv - or, to put it another way, if I go back to watch a DVD after putting settings in for the PVR, do I need to re-enter appropriate settings for the DVD input, or will they still be there from last time?

I hope they will be constant!

Please say they will.....someone?

thanks- jon1

They will

Woopy-doo! Thanks, liveonimpulse - now I can set my set with confidence when it arrives.

jon1 - just make sure you are only altering the settings for the specific input - you have to change from "apply to all" to "HDMI1 (or whatever)", otherwise any changes will be made all all inputs. It will then store them though. I have different settings on my X series for TV and Xbox.

Cheers

jon1 - just make sure you are only altering the settings for the specific input - you have to change from "apply to all" to "HDMI1 (or whatever)", otherwise any changes will be made all all inputs. It will then store them though. I have different settings on my X series for TV and Xbox.

Cheers

Well, thanks a lot for that advice - probably saved me a lot of trial and error!