Bravia X To Launch Soon?

Made a call to Sony Central in Sydney today. They confirmed on the phone that the X SERIES will be in stock and on display FRIDAY 8th September. I put my name down for a call when it arrives. They said City and Chatswood would be recieving 40 and 46" sizes,

Price - they would not confirm - - all they said was they will be in stock and they had a list of customer waiting. Stock apparently was limited to a handfull of pieces they said.

Anyway - I will await the phone call and then maybe go have a look

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sony Chatswood (Sydney) store (like the other Sydney Sony outlets I presume) have the X series up and running if anyone is interested. They also have stock for sale.

J.

Yep, just rang them and they confirmed, I know where I will be tomorrow morning !!

Yep, just rang them and they confirmed, I know where I will be tomorrow morning !!

2dr4u

I don't know if you will get this in time, but I am going to head down to Chatswood tomorrow morning as well. If you are interested in doing a group buy and try and knock the price down then put a post up and let me know.

Cheers mate

Got to see the x series in action today and boy was it impressive. It was only displaying 720p but still gave an even clearer picture than the V series. 1080p could only be mind blowing....

Sony Central at Chatswood would only knock $200 off the price, I am going to wait until it drops a little more. If anyone out there wants to do a group buy on the 46x2000 in the Sydney area then put up a post.

This is definitely the tv I have been waiting for!

From what I have read on the UK & US AV forums, there is no overscan at all. It's a pure 1:1 pixel mapping.

Wow, This could be the thing that finally changes my mind from buying a Panasonic HD Plasma.

This is a killer application for the Bravia X series.

Bravia X-Series

Model#: KDL52X2000 KDL46X2000 KDL40X2000

SRP: $9999 $6999 $5499

Features

• Full HD Resolution (1920 x 1080)
  • Integrated HD Digital Tuner
  • Sony S-PVA Panel
  • BRAVIA Engine (EX)
  • 2nd Generation Wide Colour Gamut CCFL (WCG-CCFL)
  • Wide Viewing Angle(178 Degrees)
  • HDMI Input
  • PC Input
  • Changeable Bezel colours
  • Floating Glass Design
  • Power Saving Mode
  • Multi Picture
  • Clock
  • On / Sleep Timer
  • Teletext
  • Light Sensor
  • Cinema Drive

Terminal

HDMI Input x2

Component In x3

S-Video in x2

Composite in x3

Headphone Out x1

HD15 / PC Audio Input x1

Specifications

Model KDL52X2000 KDL46X2000 KDL40X2000

Power Consumption [330W] [260W] [220W]

Dimensions (WxHxD mm)

With Stand [1415 × 890 × 384] [1262 × 795 × 322] [1111 × 717 × 322]

W/O Stand [1415 × 827 × 123] [1262 × 734 × 121] [1111 × 657 × 121]

Weight (Kg)

With Stand [54.5] [41] [35]

W/O Stand [47] [36] [30]

That's ok :blink:

Scart is no good anyway, HDMI is the way to go now. :D

Scart only carried other signals in a "all in one" analogue connector (eg Component / s-video / composite). So if the prior poster was looking to connect a scart device, then an adaptor would do the job. They should also be aware that scart connectors are not always bi-directional (ie make sure that the adaptor works with the direction the signal is going).

Given that scart can carry component, it really is still a good alternative to a digital connection.

J.

BTW - I have been hunting for some info on the 1:1 pixel mapping - anyone have any links to some information (perhaps buried deep within one of the large UK forums?)

Currently have a pana dvd recorder using RGB via scart. I'll have to use S video into the X series untill I can invest in a new dvd player.

Yes, I agree with Scalpel regarding the SCART connection (just couldn't be bothered explaining it :blink: ). Like what he said SCART is an all-in-one connection, so you have to check the specs and see what kind of signal the device output.

When u say "RGB"? Do you mean component or the actual RGB connection? Cause RGB connection is not very common in devices as well as TVs. People sometimes gets confused and called a component connection as RGB because they use a red, green and blue cable. Anyway, for you 'lizclinton', I recommend you using component rather than S-video, you will get a better picture.

When u say "RGB"? Do you mean component or the actual RGB connection? Cause RGB connection is not very common in devices as well as TVs. People sometimes gets confused and called a component connection as RGB because they use a red, green and blue cable. Anyway, for you 'lizclinton', I recommend you using component rather than S-video, you will get a better picture.

Most Scart devices do not support component through Scart. :blink:

There is not many Scart 2 Component adapters out there if it does support it.

My advise would be use S-video in short term until Blue-Ray or HD-DVD are released as current DVD's are

standard definition so not a huge difference between S-video and component.

Or you could buy a cheapish DVD player for short term use.

Yes, I agree with Scalpel regarding the SCART connection (just couldn't be bothered explaining it :blink: ). Like what he said SCART is an all-in-one connection, so you have to check the specs and see what kind of signal the device output.

The Pana DVD recorders AV1 output menu gives three options, RGB, S Video & Video. I'm using the RGB option and assuming this is being carried over my Scart to Scart cable to the display.

I rang sony central perth for those wondering, it should be on display by Friday next week. No pricing yet :blink:

We've got the 40" and 46" X-Series on display already in the Sony Central World Square in the Sydney City. But I've seen them last month at SEM (Sony Experience More) a Sony only event in the Fox Studio. :D