Jerky On-screen Movement

Help please !!

I live in Morpeth and get my signal from Mt Sugarloaf.

ABC Usually OK

SBS Pretty ordinary

Prime Unviewable due to excessive ghosting

NBN Usually very good

I fitted a GME Kingray MHW34G which improved reception on all except Prime.

I have now hooked up a SD set top box, a Supernet 8050T, and the improvement in my reception was dramatic, including Prime. All channels are now quite good.

My problem !! Continual split-second screen-freezes which makes on-screen movement seem 'jerky'.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Thanks Charlie 75. You picked it in one. It was actually set to 'Auto' . I changed it to 'Pal' and "Bingo", problem solved. Again, many thanks.

trublubiker - where on the menu did you change auto to pal cause i'm having difficulty finding where to do it! thanks

trublubiker - where on the menu did you change auto to pal cause i'm having difficulty finding where to do it! thanks

kelly

Hi. Pick up your STB remote. hit the 'MENU' button which will take you to the main menu. 'SYSTEM SETTINGS' should be highlighted, select "OSD Setting" , scroll dsown to 'Video Mode' and right or left click to change from NTSC to PAL

Hope this helps

PS I cant get mine to record on my VCR which is why I'm in here. Cheers

Hey Tru... if you've got your STB plugged into Line In on your VCR you actually have to tell your VCR to record from the Line In, not its tuner (which is the default setting). Telling the VCR to record from Line In is sometimes a function of the remote, sometimes a button on the VCR itself (pull down flap maybe?). It's a long time since I played with a VCR. Hope this helps.

Hey Tru... if you've got your STB plugged into Line In on your VCR you actually have to tell your VCR to record from the Line In, not its tuner (which is the default setting). Telling the VCR to record from Line In is sometimes a function of the remote, sometimes a button on the VCR itself (pull down flap maybe?). It's a long time since I played with a VCR. Hope this helps.

Thanks Charlie, I eventually sussed it out. It seems I have to leave STB and TV turned on and select 'Line in' when I set the timer. At least I can turn the volume down on the TV because it works OK this way and I can get plenty of sound when I replay the tape. I tape MotoGP, which is often on in the wee small hours, so at least I'm not gonna get woken up by a 1000cc GP bike in my lounge room at 2am

Thank you for your help

Guest WalrusLike
Thanks Charlie, I eventually sussed it out. It seems I have to leave STB and TV turned on and select 'Line in' when I set the timer. At least I can turn the volume down on the TV because it works OK this way.....

Um, forgive me if I am on the wrong track but I dont think you should need to have your TV on at all when recording... just the stb. Unless you have the tv sound going to the video recorder input on line1... if so, have you considered connecting the stb to the vcr with sound and picture... and using another stb output (should be multiple outputs on the stb) to the TV.... that way just leave stb switched on to the correct channel (or set a stb timer if you have that option) and set the vcr timer to record off line1.

If none of that applies just ignore me... my wife does..... :blink:

Um, forgive me if I am on the wrong track but I dont think you should need to have your TV on at all when recording... just the stb. Unless you have the tv sound going to the video recorder input on line1... if so, have you considered connecting the stb to the vcr with sound and picture... and using another stb output (should be multiple outputs on the stb) to the TV.... that way just leave stb switched on to the correct channel (or set a stb timer if you have that option) and set the vcr timer to record off line1.

If none of that applies just ignore me... my wife does..... :blink:

Tried your suggestion. Works perfectly. Many thanks WalrusLike !! :D