Sign in to follow this  
Brazzwald

New Lg Hd Plasma With Hd Tuner

i ordered the panasonic DVD recorder with 250GB HDD.... go to www.panasonic.com.au

but thers also a LG one.

i ordered the panasonic DVD recorder with 250GB HDD.... go to www.panasonic.com.au

but thers also a LG one.

as far as i know, they're analogue, not digital.

wat if u record them from a digital source?

great idea...i do it all the time. it's not quite the same though, is it? I mean, apart from anything else you have to make sure you digital box is on AND on the right channel!

each to their own, though.

(just on a side note, why get a DVR when u can get a DVD recorder with a 250GB HDD for less?... i didnt think it was big enough to start another topic.)

I think the new Panasonic DMREX85 will be around $999 srp.

Due out soon.

could someone who has had a technician come around and had the upgrade done give me there techs name and business and ph no. as the poor guy that is coming to do ours has been getting no help from LG, poor bugger has been around about 6 times to find a different reason why it isnt working each time and also what version your plasma is showing now!

all help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by whistler

After a second more strongly worded email to LG, I received a reply stating there may be a problem with my set, and a phone number of my closest service centre. I'll give them a call tomorrow and let you all know how I get on.

I'm not happy with the way in which the channels have scanned. does anyone know how to do a "reset" and start from scratch?

my TV is arriving (this TV) on monday or tuesday.

ill let u all know wat version mine is and if it has true HD (this has just got off the ship so should be the latest version.)

I'm not happy with the way in which the channels have scanned. does anyone know how to do a "reset" and start from scratch?

anyone??

All I want to know is how to disaable angolue chammels so that when you channel surfing it doesn't go from digital to angouile

We also have the 42pc1dg,and would love some kind of outcome for the HD/SD issue.

for the chan's,dont just push the up/next button,put the chan's you use into "favs" and then each time you hit "fav" it will only goto the chans you put in.

eg all hd chan 2,7,9,10,sbs ect.

Don't you have a "Programme Edit" menu item (in Setup menu) ? You should be able to skip and/or delete channels in that.

Don't you have a "Programme Edit" menu item (in Setup menu) ? You should be able to skip and/or delete channels in that.

You can't delete those anglouge channels.

We also have the 42pc1dg,and would love some kind of outcome for the HD/SD issue.

for the chan's,dont just push the up/next button,put the chan's you use into "favs" and then each time you hit "fav" it will only goto the chans you put in.

eg all hd chan 2,7,9,10,sbs ect.

Is that on the LG remote ? I use the hamony 880. I havn't look at that yet. I will try it out

You can't delete those anglouge channels.

So the these bits from the online manual are wrong?

PROGRAMME EDIT

This function enables you to delete or skip the stored programmes.

Also you can move some stations to other programme

numbers or copy blank station data into the

selected programme number.

4. Deleting a programme (In Analogue Mode Only)

a. Select a programme to be deleted with the arrow buttons.

b. Press the RED button twice. The selected programme is deleted, all the following programmes are shifted up one position.

So the these bits from the online manual are wrong?

PROGRAMME EDIT

This function enables you to delete or skip the stored programmes.

Also you can move some stations to other programme

numbers or copy blank station data into the

selected programme number.

4. Deleting a programme (In Analogue Mode Only)

a. Select a programme to be deleted with the arrow buttons.

b. Press the RED button twice. The selected programme is deleted, all the following programmes are shifted up one position.

I will give it ago tonight :blink:

I will give it ago tonight :blink:

you can't delete or rename digital. all you can do is skip and make a favourite.

SURELY there's a way to reset and start again...but there's nothing in the instructions

you can't delete or rename digital. all you can do is skip and make a favourite.

SURELY there's a way to reset and start again...but there's nothing in the instructions

don't want to delere digital just crap angloge

when doing the auto channel search just skip the analogue search when it begins and it'll start the auto search straight away on the digitakl channels. after doing that you will only have one analogue channel to surf over when you push up or down through the channels not 6

when doing the auto channel search just skip the analogue search when it begins and it'll start the auto search straight away on the digitakl channels. after doing that you will only have one analogue channel to surf over when you push up or down through the channels not 6

cool

that's nice...but *I* want to delete digital channels and/or reset and start from scratch.

that's nice...but *I* want to delete digital channels and/or reset and start from scratch.

jst do the auto channel search from the beginning

jst do the auto channel search from the beginning

that's no good...i end up with two lots of everything from two transmitters...ridiculous i know...but auto tune picks up dandenongs and como.

i CAN manually tune...so i can overcome that...BUT...i want to get rid of what's there now and there's no delete!

am i wording this question badly?

that's no good...i end up with two lots of everything from two transmitters...ridiculous i know...but auto tune picks up dandenongs and como.

How about unplugging the aerial then doing autotune (assuming autotune clears the old channels). Probably something in the service menu to delete all tuned channels if that doesn't work.