Sign in to follow this  
Brazzwald

New Lg Hd Plasma With Hd Tuner

my brother just bought his 42PC1DG last week and we are both very impressed with it and we can easily tell the difference between sd and hd channels . i dont know what all the hoo haa is about

i guess some people here just dont like LG brand and even if they made products better than pannys and pio for half the price they would never buy them

kinda like korean cars. bad rep more than bad product

kamma do you know what firmware is installed on your plasma.

if there is no difference between SD and HD, should have bought a SD

plasma, but i didn't , i bought HD plasma with a internal HD tuner, i should get what i paid for.

i think you misunderstood what i said.

there is a massive difference between the sd and hd channels. eg 9 and 90 10 and 12, 7 and 70 etc

what are you comparing it to?

This was using the internal HD tuner as I have no external STB, but it may be that because I only recently received my Plasma, the latest Firmware is installed. Is there any way of manually checking?

This might get you to the service menu which should show Firmware version:-

USE COMPLETELY AT YOUR OWN RISK May void warranty! DANGER! Press menu on plasma and on remote at same time for a few seconds. Press menu for other screens. DANGER! Changing stuff can be dangerous!

This might get you to the service menu which should show Firmware version:-

USE AT OWN RISK Press menu on plasma and on remote at same time for a few seconds. Press menu for other screens. DANGER! changing stuff can be dangerous!

what are the numbers i'm meant to be looking for?

i have 3.23.0 and 04.00

what are the numbers i'm meant to be looking for?

i have 3.23.0 and 04.00

What exactly does it say on your screen? Doesn't it say something like Cortez Version 3.xx or similar above hours used?

What exactly does it say on your screen? Doesn't it say something like Cortez Version 3.xx or similar above hours used?

i can't see anything about hours used.

all i see that makes any sense, apart from adjustments that i know nothing about is

CPU Ver 3.23.0

and

Micom Ver 04.00

CPU Ver 3.23.0

I would guess that is it. Interesting if unhappy HD Tuner people compare their version with the happy people.

i can't see anything about hours used.

all i see that makes any sense, apart from adjustments that i know nothing about is

CPU Ver 3.23.0

and

Micom Ver 04.00

Ok, I have CPU ver 3.03.0 and

Micom Ver 03.00

The odd thing is that I have already taken my plasma to an LG service center for the 'upgrade'. They stated they had not done one of these models before, and so I wonder if they actually used the current version of the firmware to upgrade....

Can anyone else here owning one of these please post these details, as well as if it is pre-service or post-service upgrade?

The HD channel seems a bit poor to me, and I didnt really notice much difference before or after the service.

I believe mine is probably one of the first ones out (being a month old) and has not been updated.

I am unable to see any discernable difference between SD & HD with the inbuilt tuner.

It has:

MP: 3.01.0

V3

PicQVer: 0.1

CPLD: 3.0

has anyone managed to connect their computer to this tv? I tried VGA out to the RGB-dtv input on the tv...got a few white lines occasionally, but that's about it. works on an external monitor just fine.

has anyone managed to connect their computer to this tv? I tried VGA out to the RGB-dtv input on the tv...got a few white lines occasionally, but that's about it. works on an external monitor just fine.

yep - its a trick that is not mentioned in the manual.

Go through yout menu to select the input RGB-DTV, and once you have scrolled to the option, press the right arrow. the mode then changes to RGB-PC, and it works.

yep - its a trick that is not mentioned in the manual.

Go through yout menu to select the input RGB-DTV, and once you have scrolled to the option, press the right arrow. the mode then changes to RGB-PC, and it works.

no...doesn't work :blink:

a couple of times i got a flash of an image, but them it went back to "no signal"

change the resolution settings on the desktop settings on the laptop and you may also need to engage the monitor out option. usually a function key with a pic of a monitor on it

change the resolution settings on the desktop settings on the laptop and you may also need to engage the monitor out option. usually a function key with a pic of a monitor on it

yep...did it. changed to 1024x768. worked immediately on a monitor...but not the tv.

mine's a 42PX4DV...is that the one you're thinking of?

I tried it with two laptops...worked with both of them on my external monitor, but neither worked on the tv.

btw...hitting the right arrow did NOT change it to RGB-PC...maybe that's the problem???

oh..i just realised...all this talk of version numbers and now this...different model tv! oh well..if anyone can help......??

i have the same panel and i am sure you can change to rgb-pc by either pushing right once you are into the special menu settings and are selecting the the main input.

try that

i have the same panel and i am sure you can change to rgb-pc by either pushing right once you are into the special menu settings and are selecting the the main input.

try that

i tried it...and i'm happy to report that it was a success! thank you so much.

now..i don't spose anyone knows how i'm meant to get sound from the laptop? it's fine if i use the rca plugs with the s-vhs cable into one of the other inputs, but with the vga output?

I believe mine is probably one of the first ones out (being a month old) and has not been updated.

I am unable to see any discernable difference between SD & HD with the inbuilt tuner.

It has:

MP: 3.01.0

V3

PicQVer: 0.1

CPLD: 3.0

I've had mine for about 3 weeks and while I've been very happy with it, I too was unable to see any difference between SD and HD channels. I was beginning to think that HD was just a big con when I discovered this forum. It looks like we've all been duped by LG, at least those of us who bought an early production model (mine has CPU Ver 3.01 and Micon 3.00) I don't want to have to buy an HD STB so I hope LG does the right thing by us by giving us a free upgrade. I will keep following this forum with great interest.

" I don't want to have to buy an HD STB so I hope LG does the right thing by us by giving us a free upgrade. I will keep following this forum with great interest. "

Sorry to burst your bubble emmcee , but I already tried that with my new 50pc1d they basically told me to get stuffed as that is the nature of the box , but there was never any denial about the quality of the picture . They were not interested . I was happy to put up with it provided they gave me a external set top box !

So now they own a second hand 50PC1D ! which I used for 2 weeks and returned . Is that what you call customer service ? Dont hold your breath . !!!

I bought the Panasonic instead and it ended up costing me less than the LG with an external Sony HD STB and 5 YR Warranty on 40mths interest free .

Thank you LG for making my decision easier !!!!

i tried it...and i'm happy to report that it was a success! thank you so much.

now..i don't spose anyone knows how i'm meant to get sound from the laptop? it's fine if i use the rca plugs with the s-vhs cable into one of the other inputs, but with the vga output?

3.5 mm jack on the back of your panel marked dtv.

Can you use any other connections to connect from laptop to Plasma? Like S-v ideo to S-video. Will the S-video carry any sound?

Can you use any other connections to connect from laptop to Plasma? Like S-v ideo to S-video. Will the S-video carry any sound?

yes you can use s- video but u will have to use a 3.5mm to 2 x rca for the audio

I can confirm that the picture quality is MUCH higher with the VGA connection than s-vhs. I honestly didn't expect such a difference.

i bought a 3.5mmplug to 3.5mm plug at dick smith, connection headphones out of the laptop to audio in to the monitor. All perfect now.