New Lg Hd Plasma With Hd Tuner

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about unplugging the aerial then doing autotune (assuming autotune clears the old channels). Probably something in the service menu to delete all tuned channels if that doesn't work.

hey...thanks a heap...that worked perfectly. you assumed right.

I finally had my tech come around and replace my screen (some weird erosure problem). The tech attempted to do the upgrade in firmware but couldn't seem to get his laptop to connect via the console typle tool he had. He did state that it had to do with the sharpness being used and the new frimware would adjust these levels.

How about unplugging the aerial then doing autotune (assuming autotune clears the old channels). Probably something in the service menu to delete all tuned channels if that doesn't work.

here's what i got from LG

"-----------Reply to Customer Enquiry------------

Dear Peter Thank you for emailing LG Electronics Australia. You cannot manaully tune on digital, you are able to reset the unit by unplugging aerial and auto programme then plug in aerial and scan again but there is a chance that it will find the same channels again. Kind Regards Karine Wyatt Correspondence Officer LG Electronics Australia Pty Ltd ABN 98 064 531 264 2 Wonderland Drive Eastern Creek, NSW 2766 "

they were 1/2 right....you CAN manually tune on digital.

my TV is arriving (this TV) on monday or tuesday.

ill let u all know wat version mine is and if it has true HD (this has just got off the ship so should be the latest version.)

It arrived on tuesday.

There is a HUGE difference between HD and SD. The problem must hav been sovled in the latest firmware.

does anyone know how to select HDMI fast? (instead of clicking input about 6 times to scroll through all the inputs)

It arrived on tuesday.

There is a HUGE difference between HD and SD. The problem must hav been sovled in the latest firmware.

does anyone know how to select HDMI fast? (instead of clicking input about 6 times to scroll through all the inputs)

i thought it was impossible until i bought a harmony 520. it has individual buttons for each input. i was amazed.

both my plasmas show quite a difference btwn HD and SD from the inbuilt tuner.....but neither is the same tv as this tread discusses but the older model 42" and a new 60". i'm surprised if there's a difference between models though, quite honestly.

Guest whistler

had the upgrade done on wednesday!! finally it is now 3.03 and 3.00 dont really see much difference but are limited to only ABC and SBS to dont know if they are true HD or not, was told that their HD is only 720 and not 1080 anyway, when you push OK button tells u what it is at! Might have to wait to see if it is any better when rest of channels come to area! as far as i can gather 3.03 is the highest for our models if i find out any different there might be some hell to pay at LG!

Cool, what version is yours and what were you watching to make the comparison?

How do i check what version?

I've compared Neighbors on channel Ten, Temptation on channel Nine, CSI on channel Nine, NCIS on channel Ten... the list goes on. Ther is a huge difference between all.

press menu

press on special

press on main input and select hdmi

nearly the same amount of button presses but you dont have to wait 3 seconds after every press :blink:

I am also a new user of this LG model, and a newcomer to DTV generally and have same the firmware numbers as Syko (3.03 and 3.00). It had these out of the box (had it about 2 weeks). Generally happy (except for the remote contral which is truly painful when scrolling through sources and channels).

Had a check last night flicking between the SD and HD versions of Criminal Minds on Prime, there was a clear difference. The difference didn't "blow me away", but you could see significantly more detail in the HD signal, particularly fine detail like hair, grass, etc.

This and other posts would tend to suggest that the upgrade difference between the lower quality (or down converted) HD pic and the true HD pic happens between 3.00 and 3.03.

Can any other users confirm this further?

I have contacted LG via their website once again explaining the situation between SD & HD PQ and this time they have directed me to contact the local service centre to get it looked at. I was informed by them that I need a firmware upgrade. So I’ll keep you posted if there is any difference once I have had the upgrade. I currently have version 3.00. Hope it works. Otherwise I think this is a good TV for the price.

Cheers.

Hi all: New problem with my LG PLasma (42PC1DG).

Had the set for 2 weeks, and its been faultless - great picture, sound etc. But as of today, it is freezing on WIN digital (both SD and HD) . All other digital channels work fine in both SD and HD - but once its tuned into WIN, the picture freezes after just a second or so, and the set becomes unresponsive to any of the remote control inputs. It still switches off from remote (after longer than the usual delay). And all this happens only on WIN (!).

Anyone else seen problems like this?? (Figured I'd just have a quick check in here before getting onto LG customer service tomorrow).

Cheers,

ctt.

Edit: Model number.

Edited by CTT

For the record, I sent LG an email about the freezing problem. Reply follows. (and kudos to LG for the rapid reply!)

---

Thank you for emailing LG Electronics Australia. This was a broadcast issue and they have advised us this has now been rectified. Kind Regards

---

Could this be a plausible explanation? Did anyone else see this effect on 5/11? It hasn't recurred for me since...

Edited by CTT

Could this be a plausible explanation? Did anyone else see this effect on 5/11? It hasn't recurred for me since...

Yeah, I remember reading somewhere in these forums, about peoples STB's locking - determined to be some kind of broadcast issue. Channel 9 was the culprit back then also, IIRC. If it hasnt happened again, I think all is ok.

Hi all, I am looking at purchasing the LG42" with inbuilt tuner. Obviously there has been some issues but by most accounts this seems to be rectified to some extent, now the electrical discounters (www.theelectrical discounters.com)have this model for $2501, does any one have a reciept for the 42" for this price or below from a HN or Myer, GG etc? If you could email it to me at shaun_caruana@hotmail.com that would be appreciated.

Thankyou in advance,

FYI was seriously considering the Panasonic 600a however this LG really does look so much better...

Guest foghorn
i also have the new lg and there is no difference between the sd and hd channels,

went and bought the new pio 507, HUGE difference between the sd and hd channels,

But is there a difference between the LG and Pio HD channels ?

Maybe the SD on the LG is better than the Pios, and therefore creating the impression the LG HD is poor.

Just thinking out loud here but you need to compare SD to SD and HD to HD.