New Lg Hd Plasma With Hd Tuner

Just thought I would let everyone know (well those that don't already) that the new LG 42" HD Plasma with HD Tuner will be released this month.

This new model is similar to the look of the 42PC1DV (SD Panel, HD Tuner) but instead of having a silver/grey speaker grill on the bottom, it is all black.

Some specs - 1024 x 768 Resolution, inbuilt HD Tuner, HDMI, 10,000:1 Contrast, more component inputs than the equiv Samsung. There is something of Clear Filter Screen, and that 14.3 Trillion Colour Processing again :ph34r: .

I think the main talking point for this one will be the price, $2999 before haggling...

The LG website does not have this uploaded yet.

This is sure to put pressure on all other plasma prices now...

Also, I don't work for LG... :blink:

Brazzwald

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also stay tuned for pre-Xmas release of 42" & 50" integrated HD/250Gb HDD/DVR panels....

Yep, thats right folks! Saw 'em last nite @ LG wankfest

However, was too dark inside to see if any of the rear composites ( x 2 ) output for archiving

Still, pretty sexy lookin' panel - all piano black finish

Also stay tuned for pre-Xmas release of 42" & 50" integrated HD/250Gb HDD/DVR panels....

Yep, thats right folks! Saw 'em last nite @ LG wankfest

However, was too dark inside to see if any of the rear composites ( x 2 ) output for archiving

Still, pretty sexy lookin' panel - all piano black finish

2Dogs, was the Black high gloss like the Sammy LCDs? Also what was the plastic screen like?

Hey all,

I'm looking at getting a 42inch Plasma in the near future and after shopping around was really interested in the LG42PX5D but was given the heads up on the 42PC1DG, so i'll think ill wait and have a look, should hopefully be out in Aus soon?

I've rang around and was given an over the phone quote of $2590, when they eventually get in, surely this is a mistake? I've seen SD LG plasmas in JB HiFi for around this much....

Anyone got any reviews of this model?

Looks like they've updated the LG website.

No-one seems to like LG's around here, do they?

Cheers

G'day,

I'm also very interested in the release of this model. Rang Launceston HN yesterday, they advised they can no longer get 42PXD5 and are expecting 42PC1DG in the next week or so. Starting price $2999. Interested to hear if anyone has sighted this model and can offer an opinion/feedback.

Cheers.

Saw one today next to all the others at JBs-its so noisy in there ya dont know if you're are Arthur or Martha!.

Anyway,looked as good as any-Pana,Samsung,Hitachi etc.-clear and bright and for my taste very smart

The problem of course as always is you dont know how well the others are adjusted,but I would say you would have to be super critical to really pick much difference for everyday use! :blink:

I saw the new LG model in a local HN, it was besides the older model panasonic, the 500a. I have to admit the panasonic potrayed colours much better and gave a sharper image (A fast and furious DVD). Although the LG could have been poorly setup... I would like to see it elsewhere, although i have now been looking in to the panasonic....

Saw one today next to all the others at JBs-its so noisy in there ya dont know if you're are Arthur or Martha!.

Anyway,looked as good as any-Pana,Samsung,Hitachi etc.-clear and bright and for my taste very smart

The problem of course as always is you dont know how well the others are adjusted,but I would say you would have to be super critical to really pick much difference for everyday use! :blink:

Hi,

Looking on the LG Web Site today (23rd August 06) the RRP is $3,999.00 for the 42PC1DG and a RRP of $4,374 for the 42PX5D.

The specs show both an analogue and a digital tuner.

42PC1DG - $2999 retail price as everyone has said. The LG site is... creative with it's RRP's. $2700 should be easy, even a little lower than that.

Thanks for the info and comment. Makes keeping up with the Forums very worthwhile.

I did a shop around today and got some very cheap prices for this model. Started off at JB and he only needed very minor prodding to go to $2650 - only if i buy today of course :blink:

From then on I did the run around to WOW, Betta Electrical Super Store, The Good Guys and Clive Anthonys. Best price i got was from the Good Guys of $2579. Clive Anthonys said they would match it but they were making a loss on it, even did the old turn the monitor around a bit so I could see their "buy price." The old guy at Hardly Normal was a d*ckhead who told me I didn't know what I was talking about and that all the other stores were quoting me on old models (they werent, i got the guys to write down the model number so I could be sure)

The TV itself looks really good, in every store it looked as good as the panasonic and hitachi, with the inbuilt HD tuner it certainly looks the goods, though I didnt take any special DVDs I was just going off what was displayed. More Component inputs would be nice but I have my yamaha amp to plug everything into

just bought 42PC1DG inbuilt hd tuner, they say its a twin tuner for PIP, as long as one is digital channel and the other is analogue channel

once the new pioneer's come out, i will move it to the bedroom

does any know how to change the programe number, 10 channels spread over 60, i just want to change them to 1,2,3, etc

You might be on your own with this maximus, I dare say the first on this forum to have bought one.

Gary D, did all the stores you checked out have the LG 42PC1DG plasma on display? Was it Bris Northside you checked out to get some prices?

Brazzwlad

Yep all on north side brissy along gympie rd. Everyone had it on display except for Clive Anthony's, but they had them in stock