New Brand Stb/pvr To Lead The Way

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a legit enough question. You start a thread about a product and offer no tangible evidence of its existence. You seem to know its to be released around NOW but still - no advertising, no evidence.

If you cant substantiate any of the information you provided, let alone where you 'heard' about it then perhaps you should ask the moderators to remove this 'fake and misleading' thread.

Of course, should this product be real it shouldnt be hard for you to clear up this misunderstanding.

Bitey

Its a legit enough question. You start a thread about a product and offer no tangible evidence of its existence. You seem to know its to be released around NOW but still - no advertising, no evidence.

If you cant substantiate any of the information you provided, let alone where you 'heard' about it then perhaps you should ask the moderators to remove this 'fake and misleading' thread.

Of course, should this product be real it shouldnt be hard for you to clear up this misunderstanding.

Bitey

It is not fake you pretzel, my original post was substantiated by David Richards in the Smarthouse News reports (which was posted in here after I posted my original information) so stop being a friggin wanker and pull your head in.

It is not fake you pretzel, my original post was substantiated by David Richards in the Smarthouse News reports (which was posted in here after I posted my original information) so stop being a friggin wanker and pull your head in.

I'll take that as a no.

Perhaps Dave Richards (whom was obviously drunk at the time of writing) got the information from the same place you did? which was??

Bitey

Yeah of course theres lots of references to the "BeyondWiz" in the context of the Topfield 7000 codename.

Theres SFA with regard to the "BeyondWiz" Product Name that StratMan is talking about.

And whats the deal with BeyondWiz and BeyonWiz ?!?! one the codename for the T7000 and the other??? some bullshit marketing to sucker anyone who doesnt know the difference in???

http://beyondwiz.com/

http://beyonwiz.com/

http://beyonwiz.com.au/BW_index.asp

????

Stinks of a scam. Or utterly incompetent marketing.

Bitey (EDITED)

That is NOT the product...

So WHAT is the PRODUCT ?? have you been reading elsewhere on the net and got yourself confused between the Toppy7000 and this Beyon(d)Wiz ?? thaught it was a new product you could post on here about without knowing anything about it?? because thats how it sounds and your abusive and agressive responses just proove the latter.

Bitey

That is NOT the product...

Have you been a wanker all of your life or have you had to work at it?

I guessed that on account of.....

• It doesn't have a hard drive
  • Single tuner only
  • No Ethernet
  • No wireless
  • Not a "modern design"
  • Not $1400
  • No USB Storage
  • No memory playback
  • Cannot copy content direct to a PC

Of course, the dead givaways were .............

• It's a Dick Smith product
  • It's available

But this does seem to be the only product "available" on the companies web-site !!

BTW, Did you notice the reference to the "BeyondWiz" product in the "Coming Soon" or "New Products" or "News Items" pages of the site ?

Austen.

No Thanks - im not allowed to play with Trolls anymore.

So back to the subject at hand, so where did you hear all this information?

Bitey

How long are you on parole for ?

If you aren't allowed to feed the Trolls, can you at least offer them nibbles ?

Austen.

.+1.

How long are you on parole for ?

24 Hours I think... short stint :blink:

If you aren't allowed to feed the Trolls, can you at least offer them nibbles ?

Nope - im not engaging in any feeding inc any derivitives thereof - no matter how tempting!

Bitey

***SNIP***

1) Digital Products Group is apparently Topfield Oz by another name (with Jai Kemp GM)........:

Peter Gillespie

There is a new brand of STB/PVR hitting our shores in the next couple of months, to be called BeyondWiz - it is made by ex Topfield guys..........

It is made by ex Topfield guys working for Topfield ???

Austen.

It is made by ex Topfield guys working for Topfield ???

Thats what I dont understand, and why I think our good mate here has just been reading stuff on the net and regurgiated it without any real knowledge - explains his agressive defence and lack of details.

Bitey

Gentlemen, Please! Let's call a truce.

I feel bad because I started this rather heated exchange and poor old Stratman has, I feel, been lambasted sufficiently for making claims which he unable or unwilling to substantiate.

You never know, the Marketting boys at Topfield, may have got the idea that the 7000 should come into the world via a rather messy C-section and started controversial rumours to get us all goingI

Let's trick them by ignoring the whole thing. They may end up begging us to buy it!

I was replying to another poster....

And if you would of done me courtesy of continuing my post......

My point to PlasmaJunkie was that I do not automatically believe everything I read on the web, and, IMHO, asking for further information is simply that, a request for further information.

A simple question to you, Do you believe everything you read on the web, first time, every time ?

Austen.

Austen, I agree with you!

My post was sarcastic :blink:

We need to see information and evidence, before believing what a poster writes in a forum.

Maybe he makes a commission in selling this product?

Mick, Just out of interest... what price range will it be in? Do you know of a competeing similar range product?

Not yet, only reason I know is that a sales rep from another brand was just in the shop I work at and I metioned this series of posts to him and the name of the product and he knew about. One of the Topfield blokes had let him know about it a month ago.

But the $1399 range sounds about right, which would explain recent price drops from Sony RE their Twin Tuner HD PVRs.