Sign in to follow this  
keygar

Lg Lst-5100p Display Quirk

HI

I've got an LG LST-5100P connected to an Acer DTV via a HDMI cable with STB set to 1080i. Great pic.

I also have the RCA video output of the STB connected to an LG RH7521W DVD/HDD recorder.

Problem is, the picture into (and out of) the DVD/HDD recorder is stretched horizontally so people look "fat" or "wide" (4:3 stretched to 16:9).

If I switch the STB to 576p display mode, the picture in and out of the DVD/HDD recorder looks normal but of course this means I am now not getting the best picture from the STB to the DLP RP.

Would someone know how to get a normal picture out of the STB thru a dvr while still having it set to 1080i?

I have the LG 5100P connected to an Acer 32 in LCD. What size is your Acer TV?

Whatever signal you send to the Acer, unless it is the 37in with 1080i compatibility, it will rescale any input signal to 1366 x 768 Progressive scan as my 32 in Acer does.

I have never connected two devices to the 5100P.

The ARC button on the remote sets the picture aspect ratio. Set this to Auto and see if it automatically correctly sizes the aspect ratios for both appliances.

Use DVI or HDMI or Component connection not S-Video or RGB.

This has come up before, although as you'll read, it was never completely resolved.

It would appear however, that the simultaneous SD output via composite of the LG LST-5100P is only in 4:3, well for about 5 of us anyway...

EDIT: I thought that looked a bit brief. I remember Typhoon had made a comment in the thread I was thinking of. Here it is again...

This has come up before, although as you'll read, it was never completely resolved.

It would appear however, that the simultaneous SD output via composite of the LG LST-5100P is only in 4:3, well for about 5 of us anyway...

EDIT: I thought that looked a bit brief. I remember Typhoon had made a comment in the thread I was thinking of. Here it is again...

Thanks guys. Yep, the SD output is a stretched 4:3. The blurb from LG is dishonest really as it says it sends 576i to the composite/S video outputs which "implies" all is ok to watch HD and at the same time record to a dvr, but alas, it don't. Shame on LG. Strange that if you set the HD output to "zoom", the output to the composite video IS in fact 16:9 SD????????????

That's harder to figure out than my ex.

That's harder to figure out than my ex.

:blink::D:P

And I assume your ex didn't even come with a manual?!?!

:blink::D:P

And I assume your ex didn't even come with a manual?!?!

Nup, but did come with a used guide.