FS: Arcam Delta 290 Amp

Item: Arcam Delta 290 Integrated Amp

Item Condition: Excellent

Reason for selling: Need money

Price:$300

Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Bank transfer, COD

Extra Info:

Pictures: Attached

Regretfully selling this classic audiophile amp, 75w p/c in excellent condition. Pickup in sydney. please text or call 0420 49o 844

so it does Phono right?

thinking of grabbing it for power amp duties and the TT

I don't know about the phono part. The rear image shows the phono connections blanked out - my 290 didn't have the phono option and had the rear blanked off.

If it was to be used as a power - then why doen't your existing pre handle the phono input? Are phono stages expensive (showing my TT ignorance here? :love)?

NFA

Free bump

I had one of these OS for a few months - beautifully smooth amp that improves with some time on.

NFA recommended - For what it is worth.

Logarhythm - how are the switching and volume pots? Free of noise and dropout? A known issue with these amps.

NFA

May i ask what do you mean by "switching and volume pots" "free of noise and dropout"? when googling this amp i came across those terms as well. how does that affect operation and sound quality?

Hi Guys,

Apologies for the late response. With regards to the switching and volume pots, I havent had any issues with either. Delta 290's have a 'direct' switch which bypasses the eq pots for virtually silent operation. Like all delta 290s, with the eq pots engaged a low volume noise is discernible when an ear is placed next to the speaker but is barely noticable during normal listening. I have used it with both settings and never had a problem with either. Its never detracted from my listening experience. Will happily demo the amp to any local buyers if anyone has any concerns.

No phono input on this amp, not sure if it can be purchased seperately.

Have had a some interest from interstate buyers, sorry guys i'd rather not ship the amp at this stage unless you want to arrange your own courier. Much prefer local pick up.

I can vouch for this being a good amp - I had one. It has a phono-stage option that removes the auxilliary option. If there is no Arcam phono stage installed then the ports are a standard RCA auxilliary input into which you could plug an external phono stage if required.

The same system is in use in my Arcam Alpha 10 amp and I have the Arcam phono stage installed in it. Not sure how likely it is that the phono stage could be bought now, but it is not a big stopper.

I have pointed this sale out to people in other forums who are looking for amplifiers at the moment. Hopefully one of them will fancy the 290; it is a fine amp (though not as good as the Alpha 10)!

Cheers,

Al.

• 3 weeks later...