Sign in to follow this  
JohnA

my wife finally got it

Good points on the Sonos system though for the family area.

Agree, if streaming all around the house the sonos or squeezebox are brilliant.

I had originally bought it for that reason, but decided we would put together another small system in the library instead.

I agree with you too John. I need to have something tangible for my expense. I also find it hard to part with $$$ on stuff where I'm not getting something of "substance" back. eg paying thousands for wire/plastic. I also like the ritual of putting on cds/vinyl.

Hi Mozart,

I had the opposite problem with my daughter. When see was 2 years old she lent out off my arms and hit her head on my Infinity RS-4 speakers (curved but sharp corners) and got five stitches in her head :Dview_images.php?cat=Speakers&catnick=speakers&cfid=56830&image_id=312639

She is now 20 and you can still see the stitch marks.

Les

Ouch!

Tweeter domes and kids don't get along together, so I always buy softdome tweeters. :confused:

My son (5) can operate ARTA quite well. Actually he's been a great help. While I change the xo he'd click impulse -> record -> FR. He also notice the different graphs they make. Hopefully involving him now will shield him from future cable traders ;)

I hope when I have kids they will be nothing like me. Apparently I was notorious for climbing on top of the speakers and jumping onto the couch. Remote controls would always be stuffed into the vcr player. I was a very naughty boy :confused: Loved pulling everything apart and then trying to put them back together again.

My wife was a little monster too when she was a child, so God help us both. Locks will be on the theatre room ;)

You see, for me, having a dedicated room, no one cares how much gear is in there or how things look, or how much realestate the vinyl collection takes up

I would love to have a dedicated room, but an inner city townhouse puts limits on space, which is one of the reason I went down the music in any room, streaming approach.

The only room that is purely mine, is the garage, which is not a good environment for hifi equipment and is taken up by my other hobby, brewing. I do however have music streaming to the garage also.

Cheers

MAH

I was a very naughty boy ;) Loved pulling everything apart and then trying to put them back together again.

yes I am paranoid about the retribution that mother nature will unleash on me for my childhood days....

You couldn't blame a child for jamming fistfuls of icecream into a speaker after they've overheard that 'they are the cones'.....could you? :confused:

a good friend of mines 2 1/2 year old enjoys putting matchbox cars through 'the tunnel'..... the tunnel being a subwoofer port. its now home to about 5 or 6.....