• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can probably do it with one person, but I had a mate help me... its alot of money down the drain and glass to clean up if it tips over.

hmmm, impatience vs risk, what to do.... (i want to watch it NOW dammit)

i paid $2950 at buy-right closing down sale (collingwood), it was their last one (8800)

BTW, against all good advice, i couldnt help myself - i set it all up! it was very difficult, heavy and awkward to lift and fit it on the bracket, but i managed!! that said i wouldnt reccomend doing it either!

it looks FANTASTIC :blink:

i havent had a chance to play around with it yet, i just finished connecting it up to a sony HD STB and my s-97. looking forward to watching my first DVD on it at 1080i :D:P:P

i paid $2950 at buy-right closing down sale (collingwood), it was their last one (8800)

BTW, against all good advice, i couldnt help myself - i set it all up! it was very difficult, heavy and awkward to lift and fit it on the bracket, but i managed!! that said i wouldnt reccomend doing it either!

it looks FANTASTIC :blink:

i havent had a chance to play around with it yet, i just finished connecting it up to a sony HD STB and my s-97. looking forward to watching my first DVD on it at 1080i :D:P:P

I thought you bought the 8900. I just put a deposit in a 8800 from Clive Peeters (Moorabbin), their last one $3000 with six months interest free so its a good deal. But Retravision just called me today they have stock of the new 8900. Have not set up the display model yet so i cant comment but showed me the stock in the wharehouse. Quoted me $3300 plus 12 months interest free for the 8900 which is also a great price. Now my dilema is which model to choose.

Any suggestions ?

I thought you bought the 8900. I just put a deposit in a 8800 from Clive Peeters (Moorabbin), their last one $3000 with six months interest free so its a good deal. But Retravision just called me today they have stock of the new 8900. Have not set up the display model yet so i cant comment but showed me the stock in the wharehouse. Quoted me $3300 plus 12 months interest free for the 8900 which is also a great price. Now my dilema is which model to choose.

Any suggestions ?

I have an 8800 also, only a few weeks old.

But for an additional $300 get the new 8900. :blink:

Cheers

Struggo

Id be getting the 8900... both are great TV's but the 8900 offers the few extra lines of resolution and in my opinion the picture just looks a little bit better on the 8900 in sharpness and colour.

this TV is fantastic, veeeeerrrry glad i didnt get the pana (almost did), picture is great, its a much better looking unit imo, plus the swivel stand and SD card slot are GOLD

also glad i went for the 42" in the end, after being dead set on getting the 50" (pana). the 42" looks so much bigger at home than in the store and at a viewing distance of 3m, i think i would have been far too close to the 50".

thats the TV, STB, DVD player and speakers sorted, just need a receiver now....

this TV is fantastic, veeeeerrrry glad i didnt get the pana (almost did), picture is great, its a much better looking unit imo, plus the swivel stand and SD card slot are GOLD

also glad i went for the 42" in the end, after being dead set on getting the 50" (pana). the 42" looks so much bigger at home than in the store and at a viewing distance of 3m, i think i would have been far too close to the 50".

thats the TV, STB, DVD player and speakers sorted, just need a receiver now....

Great news Disgruntled Goat,

Did you get 8800 or the 8900 in the end.

Agree with you regareding the 42". I have the same veiwing distance of 3m and the 42" is just perfect. They do look a lot bigger when you get them set up at home.

Cheers

Struggo

Agree with you regareding the 42". I have the same veiwing distance of 3m and the 42" is just perfect. They do look a lot bigger when you get them set up at home.

Cheers

Struggo

Have to say, gents, I have just plummed in my new 42" 8800 and Toppy7000 and am absolutely

over the moon!

This is a seriously fantastic unit. I agree it looks massive at home and without all the glaring strip bulbs of the stores to interfere with it, the PQ is top draw. The moment I had tuned in the HD box the show 'House' started in hi-def and simply blew me away - I had previously never really had the pleasure of viewing a

decent hi-def show so I was very happy. Even the missus was quiet - for once! :blink:

Just trying to configure all my sound now. One problem i do have is that the amp only takes optical and

I have the foxtel and HDstb needing to run into it. I do NOT want to have to use a switch as that

would drive me insane. Any thoughts on my best solution, i.e. digital surround sound from fox and Toppy HD stb. My DVD is built into the amp so no dramas there.

Cheers

Craig

Cheers

Struggo

8800, decided to spend the difference on receiver and speakers instead :blink:

Hi 8900 waiters and watchers.. :P

I spent quite a while on the phone with Hitachi..a guy called John... Seems they have none in stock as all stock they received some weeks ago have gone mainly to Brisbane and Sydney.. and misc country areas???

To my horror.. NONE to Canberra.

He said the next shipment is due early August and all appear to be taken in back orders. Though I don't know who is ordering them?? as my local HN, JB's, Domayne, DJ's and Bing Lee don't even know the 8900 exists. :blink:

He also has no idea when they will have stock IN their warehouse for general orders.

Man!!! I should have taken the 8800 I had on order back in late May..

I do like the Philips 42pf9531 with the same 1080*1024 panel.. but Hitachi with its fine looks and extra goodies is worth waiting for... BUT when :D

Hi 8900 waiters and watchers.. :P

I spent quite a while on the phone with Hitachi..a guy called John... Seems they have none in stock as all stock they received some weeks ago have gone mainly to Brisbane and Sydney.. and misc country areas???

To my horror.. NONE to Canberra.

He said the next shipment is due early August and all appear to be taken in back orders. Though I don't know who is ordering them?? as my local HN, JB's, Domayne, DJ's and Bing Lee don't even know the 8900 exists. :blink:

He also has no idea when they will have stock IN their warehouse for general orders.

Man!!! I should have taken the 8800 I had on order back in late May..

I do like the Philips 42pf9531 with the same 1080*1024 panel.. but Hitachi with its fine looks and extra goodies is worth waiting for... BUT when :D

Drive up to Campbelltown. JB HIFI have some 8800's @ $2840 if your in a hurry.

Cheers

Struggo

Does anyone know any stores that have them in stock in melbourne (8900) ive tried just about all the retravisions and JB's, with no luck

Andy

Retravision Brighton have 10 in stock got quoted $3300 with 12 months interest free and $369 for 5 year warranty. I have a mate at Clive Peeters Moorabbin who beat this price $3200 also with 12 months interest free. Yes these prices are for the 8900 so why would you get the old model. I have a deposit on my 8900 at Clive Peeters and they will have stock in 2 weeks. I can't wait. Wish i had it now.

Cheers Simon

Retravision Brighton have 10 in stock got quoted $3300 with 12 months interest free and $369 for 5 year warranty. I have a mate at Clive Peeters Moorabbin who beat this price $3200 also with 12 months interest free.

I think if you go back to Retravision and quote them $3200 they'll come to the party and you'll have your tv tomorrow. If not, you should get within $50 of that price and get free delivery. Give it a try - and remember, money talks.

I think if you go back to Retravision and quote them $3200 they'll come to the party and you'll have your tv tomorrow. If not, you should get within $50 of that price and get free delivery. Give it a try - and remember, money talks.

I am also getting the new LG twin digital HD set top box/PVR 160gb from Clive Peeters for $800 and retravision don't stock them so that is why i am waiting.

I am also getting the new LG twin digital HD set top box/PVR 160gb from Clive Peeters for $800 and retravision don't stock them so that is why i am waiting.

Fairenoughski.

Hi guys,

just got the 8900 from Retravision Brighton for.......

$3150!..... including free delivery

also got a Teac HDB820 HD-STB for $290.

the guy let me look at his screen and they made $29 profit on the sale!

Hi guys,

Was it John you dealt with ? He was a nice guy and seemed to be honest. Just one thing when they show you the cost price / floor price on the screen they are still making alot of money on the plasma. They have built their margins into that price so when they show you that price you still think you are getting a good deal. Just imagine how much people are getting ripped off when they pay the RRP. Doyou honestly believe that they import the stock,take up so much room in the wharehouse for the huge boxes/packaging then pay the GST on the sale to the government just to make $29. You have got to be kidding. I still think that it is a great price for the latest technology plasma though and i will be price matching your quote and maybe get a better price.

Cheers Simon

Hi guys,

WOW. Did you get extented warranty?

Cheers

Struggo