New R Series Samsung LCD TV range

Has anyone got the 32" set yet?

If so what is it's performancelike on fast movement such as sports & movies?

I checked out one today at BIng Lee Campbelltown. Good contrast and a nice black on both 32" & 40" displays.

They come with a digital out for all of us home theater lovers! :blink:

Cheers :D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just looking at the 3D rotating simulation on the UK Samsung site and I noticed that there didn't seem to be any VESA compliant mounting holes. Haven't been able to check the back of the Aus model. Can anyone confirm that the VESA mounting holes are there or what is needed to wall- mount this telly.

This is for the 32". Thanks.

Glenn

it can mount to the wall but its not a vesa mount (from the looks of the instructions)

Thanks.

Bit of a nuisance. Nothing worse than having a standard (VESA) and then not sticking to it. I already have a VESA bracket on the wall from the last TV. Looks like a bit of modification is in order.

Really? I just purchase it today. the dynamic contrast ratio is 5000:1 shown as the description on the label of package. Anyway, it's nice. I am so pleased with it so far.

It's a 5000 -C/R that's what is says on the box too - I just bought one from Bing Lee Brookvale - haggled to $2,115 on the plastic - will set it up this afternoon for a test run- picture in the shop was fantastic !

i STILL havent seen this set in store. went into my local good guys for a look and asked them for a price and he said $2500. i told him to keep dreaming and walked off.

my local retailers (geelong) are so uncompetitive on price its not funny. jb-hifi opens soon, at least they shake things up. i buy online anyway - better prices.

It's a 5000 -C/R that's what is says on the box too - I just bought one from Bing Lee Brookvale - haggled to $2,115 on the plastic - will set it up this afternoon for a test run- picture in the shop was fantastic !

how did the test run go - i have put my order on hold until the white cases come in in august

Thanks.

Bit of a nuisance. Nothing worse than having a standard (VESA) and then not sticking to it. I already have a VESA bracket on the wall from the last TV. Looks like a bit of modification is in order.

have checked this out - the r series does take a vesa mount .... but it requires the 200 by 200 - vogels make a braket that fits (requires the use of a free adapter) - u can see it on their website - their local agent in melb is very helpful - recommended retail is $139

how did the test run go - i have put my order on hold until the white cases come in in august

have checked this out - the r series does take a vesa mount .... but it requires the 200 by 200 - vogels make a braket that fits (requires the use of a free adapter) - u can see it on their website - their local agent in melb is very helpful - recommended retail is $139

Basejump: Who is the agent for Melbourne and which bracket and adaptor is required?

Basejump: Who is the agent for Melbourne and which bracket and adaptor is required?

http://www.canohm.com.au - advisory service on 1800 636 026.

the site has a link to the vogel site,

I went with their EFW 6205 - LCD wall support (space-saving LCD fixed wall support is suitable for TVs up to 32”) + ServiceKit 0999930 - SERVICE KIT 200X200 C2 ANTHR. required. (free) - however they have a whole range that fit if you want to spend a bit more and get a more flexible backet - to see all the options, use the european model number

hope this is of assistance

saw these new sets today at Dick Smith Powerhouse Knox, ticketed prices were, from memory:

32" - $2299

40" - $3599

both looked excellent with the feeds going through them, didn't get a chance to play around with one though. still that ticketed price for the 32" is promising, makes you wonder if you could get them down to under $2100 with cash

saw these new sets today at Dick Smith Powerhouse Knox, ticketed prices were, from memory:

32" - $2299

40" - $3599

both looked excellent with the feeds going through them, didn't get a chance to play around with one though. still that ticketed price for the 32" is promising, makes you wonder if you could get them down to under $2100 with cash

see the earlier posts - i got it for $2089 - another poster claims he/she can get it for $2000 - however i did but a vogels braket as well with a RRP of $139 - paid $2200 total - cash

Hi xlike, gameon.net.au are sending me a quopte on monday to deliver to Bunbury WA..... I bet it lands here cheaper than my local shops can do it for??????? the only thing I'm concernrd about may be warranties if needed...

JB Hifi in Rhodes also promised to send a quote to deliver to me here in WA. Our stores say stock may get here in mid July.....

Hi xlike, gameon.net.au are sending me a quopte on monday to deliver to Bunbury WA..... I bet it lands here cheaper than my local shops can do it for??????? the only thing I'm concernrd about may be warranties if needed...

JB Hifi in Rhodes also promised to send a quote to deliver to me here in WA. Our stores say stock may get here in mid July.....

worth checking whether it is a grey import but doubt it - assuming it isn't should be ok as Samsung are obligated to provide the warranty - however it would be a pain if it was DOA and need to consider how they will get it 2 u - I'd be worried about rough handling - that said i guess one never knows what has happened to a tele on the way to a retail store.

Xluke yip but could get me some leaverage in the pricing drpt with the local srores what is grey import???

sorry basejump was distracted ... the question is to you not Xluke.. thanks for the info

this price coulc me some leaverage in the pricing dept with the local stores what is grey import??

my typing is getting wores... long day, and have my 20 month daughter on my lap drawing while i'm doing this......

Xluke yip but could get me some leaverage in the pricing drpt with the local srores what is grey import???

sorry basejump was distracted ... the question is to you not Xluke.. thanks for the info

this price coulc me some leaverage in the pricing dept with the local stores what is grey import??

my typing is getting wores... long day, and have my 20 month daughter on my lap drawing while i'm doing this......

The term grey import refers to an item that has been imported into a country, legally, but without the agreement of the manufacturer. The term parallel import may also be used.

So, lets say Samsung is selling this model in Indonesia at a different price point - someone imports some and sells them here - samsung australia then says well we didn't see them, therefore we wont pay our service agent to fix them - a similar scenario can arise if u go o/s and buy an item and then have a prob back here in oz. sometime the grey import can also have a different spec.

that said, i have no reason other than the low price to suspect the online retailer is selling a grey import - if you r seriously considering going with them perhaps just ask them to be sure - and how they do the tv for that price

You would take it to your nearest Samsung Service Centre (http://www.samsung.com.au/servicelocator.asp) which there appears to be 2 in Bunbury. If they deem it as DOA we will replace it with a new one if it's within 14 days from date of purchase. Otherwise, the service centre would repair/replace your unit.

All the products we sell are sourced locally and are not grey marketed hence are covered by Samsung Australia.

In regards to goods damaged in transit, we use Star Trak Express and the goods are covered by insurance.

You would take it to your nearest Samsung Service Centre (http://www.samsung.com.au/servicelocator.asp) which there appears to be 2 in Bunbury. If they deem it as DOA we will replace it with a new one if it's within 14 days from date of purchase. Otherwise, the service centre would repair/replace your unit.

All the products we sell are sourced locally and are not grey marketed hence are covered by Samsung Australia.

In regards to goods damaged in transit, we use Star Trak Express and the goods are covered by insurance.

that sounds like a pretty cool deal for ppl in areas who can't pick one up locally at a fair price

Hi basejump... it could be a good deal... price first.... then we'll see. I'm looking at the comments re HD tuner.... mmmm, we only have SD tv here and I do not think we'll get HD because someone was telling me that the channels would rather add a channel than go HD in the sw... cost bandwidth or something... hope this LA32R71BX is still ok...

Hi Christopher M.J.T

could the grainy bits be a setting or is it more fundimental? like HD unit quality...

Hi basejump... it could be a good deal... price first.... then we'll see. I'm looking at the comments re HD tuner.... mmmm, we only have SD tv here and I do not think we'll get HD because someone was telling me that the channels would rather add a channel than go HD in the sw... cost bandwidth or something... hope this LA32R71BX is still ok...

Hi Christopher M.J.T

could the grainy bits be a setting or is it more fundimental? like HD unit quality...

Not sure, it just didn't seem right. Will take a closer look tomorrow.