Sign in to follow this  
Leonidas

New R Series Samsung LCD TV range

Hi All,

I bought the 32 inch R series a few months back and generally have been pretty pleased with it (yes, sound could be better).

One thing I have noticed though is that when I wire the audio out from the unit to my stereo, the sound is a fraction of a second out of synch with the sound coming directly out of the TV. This is not an issue if I mute the TV, but I don't really want to have to do that all of the time.

Anyone else noticed this? Any fixes?

Thanks,

DS

Same thing here I just put up with it, perhaps if someone is game enough to play in the service menu and fiddle with the audio out somewhere time delay and so on..... I'll live with it. Had my 32" sisnce last August and still think its a great TV.

My housemate just paid $1830 here in Canberra for an R7 32". We did a lot of shopping around, but most places were reluctant to reduce the prices at all. I guess they must be selling enough units at $1900+ that they don't need to sell them cheaper for a sale? Then again, my mate doesn't have much in the way of bargaining skills. :blink:

First time poster here, but this forum gave me heaps of help when it came to deciding what TV to get.

On a pretty tight budget, but i managed to get the 32"R7 today for $1680. Got a quote on that from GG in Mile End, but they had to have it ordered in. So went to JB near Tea Tree Plaza and they matched that price after initially offering it for about $1730. Wasn't even asked for proof! Don't know what the salesman's name was, but he trusted me on the price.

Just picked up the 40" from JB HIfi for $2330 after some serious negotiatons!!

Can anyone give me advice of cables for hooking up foxtel and DVD (not HDMI yet)

Thanks

omg man that is absolutely a bargain. Would you kindly provide the receipt. I am going to get one definitely at that price

Can anybody please explain what does "1 Tuner PIP (HDMI Only)" mean in LS40R71BDX specification?

Is it possible to watch other TV channel or only whatever comes from HDMI input ?

Can anybody please explain what does "1 Tuner PIP (HDMI Only)" mean in LS40R71BDX specification?

Is it possible to watch other TV channel or only whatever comes from HDMI input ?

It means that you can watch the HDMI input fullscreen and use the TVs tuner to provide the small PIP window. You cannot watch 2 different channels at the same time.

I purchased the LA40R71BDX with delivery and a 3 year warranty included for a flat $2,500 from JB HIFI yesterday. I have Harvey Norman, Good Guys and JB located within a 2 minute walk of each other so just asked for everyone's best price. (Harvey NOrman $2,500 plus delivery, Good Guys $2,550 but no stock)

Edited by Paddles221

Hi all, just a qick question regarding screen blur, not even fast movement, juste people moving and generat movement.

I only get this from SBS digital, the analogue version is fine, is it the way SBS ouputs their signal???, all other stations are crisp and no blurr. la32r71bdx, made in Korea not Thailand. I am in regional WA SouthWest --- Bunbury anyone in the area have similar problems??

Hi all, just a qick question regarding screen blur, not even fast movement, juste people moving and generat movement.

I only get this from SBS digital, the analogue version is fine, is it the way SBS ouputs their signal???, all other stations are crisp and no blurr. la32r71bdx, made in Korea not Thailand. I am in regional WA SouthWest --- Bunbury anyone in the area have similar problems??

I get the same problem here in WA metro, but I dont have the reason why… im sure the answer in on these forums somewhere.

thanks for that squinney66, at lests I know it's not my set playing up, most likely SBS transmission... the next step is to ask if anyone here has a seperate HD Set top box and LCD TV and see if it is the same Ghosting. Or is the Samsung processor in the TV??? .......... anyone???? many thanks

because on the other channels it's GREAT!!!, Planet Earth on HD ABC mmmmmm love it. :blink::D:P

Hi all a small new thing I've found with WIN TV, analogue only

It will show the station shows no worries then it will stop, go black and then continue again, the black screen is for about 0.5seconds, and is fairly consistsnt. I first noticed it when the cricket was on, I thought it was the stadium signals but it seems to happen quit often now with any show. The strange thing is it is only with WIN analogue?? any ideas anyone. Location Bunbury WA. I am not sure if it has anything to do with the TV or the weather conditions as WIN and SBS are weather affected, especially the humid days.

JB Hifi at DFO Essendon gave me a price of $2400 for the LA40R71BDX , not including delivery. That price was straight up without any haggling.

Edited by mmclpis

My first post :-)

I did a fair bit of study before I bought my first DTV. A lot of that study was done here and I learnt a lot in this thread so I thought I should put a comment in now that I have bought not one but two Samsung DTVs.

The first was a LA26R71BDX for the wife for Xmas to go in the bedroom. I bought it a couple of weeks before Xmas at JB for $1495. That wasn't a bad price then but it has already dropped below that now :-(.

A few days after Xmas I was starting to get a little annoyed at having this great new TV in the bedroom and the old 68cm CRT in the family room so I decided that we needed one in there too. It had to be a little bigger than the one I had already bought so I went in search of a LA32R71BDX.

I checked out eBay and found brand new (not seconds) ones for $1799 plus $50 delivery. I ended up talking to the guy on the phone and he said I could have one for $1700 delivered (I mentioned I already had the 26" model and I think he thought I had bought it from him). So with that in mind I went back to JB to bargain with them. Their ticket price for the LA32R71BDX was $1821. I asked for the "best price" and they said $1750. I told them I could get one for $1700 and they said they could do no better than $1750. I said fine and started to leave the store.

We were almost out of the store when the sales guy came after us and asked if we would buy it for $1720. I didn't want to give in right away so I said I'd think about it. For $20 it was better to be buying from a store rather than eBay so I finally went back to him and told him I'd take it.

So now I have the 26" and 32" models and am very happy with them. As many have said in this thread the sound leaves a bit to be desired but that is OK in the rooms we are using the TVs in. Picture quality and reception are excellent.

Now I wonder where I could put the 40" model .......

[/quo

To SydneyGuy & all who contributed to this tread relating to the LA26R71BDX - Thank you for the invaluable information. You have reassured me that the LA26R is the way to go. I have been reading the posts to this thread diligently and now feel confident to make an informed decision. If I stuff up, it wont be because of you guys, just my poor haggling skills. Cheers.

Sorry All. Very, very new guy to forums. Slow learner. Re the LA26R71BDX, best price so far in Newcastle is $1440 installed. If anyone knows a better price, please feel free to advise. Thanks again SydneyGuy. I been watching this forum a long time now.

You can get the 26inch for around $1150 - $1200 now.

Wish I knew where friend. 2 hours trolling the net gave me the best price delivered to my door of $1320. Like I said, will only be my inadequate haggling skills letting me down.

Benjamin Singleton, give these people a try I got great prices delivered to my door in SW of WA, worth a shot, I emailed this person

Savvas Xexenis|Co-Owner

Game On Interactive

savvas@gameon.net.au

http://www.gameon.net.au/

Good luck

I purchased the LA40R71BDX with delivery and a 3 year warranty included for a flat $2,500 from JB HIFI yesterday. I have Harvey Norman, Good Guys and JB located within a 2 minute walk of each other so just asked for everyone's best price. (Harvey NOrman $2,500 plus delivery, Good Guys $2,550 but no stock)

I'm looking at getting this particular model too. How are you finding it? It has been recommended to me buy a friend who works at JB and im told currently i could have it for the price you just mentioned. Is the warranty normally 3 years?

Read and learnt alot from these forums - thanks everyone. Decided on 32" Samsung. Got it thru the Union Shopper (a haggling service) for $1532 delivered. It's coming from Harvery Norman, Mt Gravatt in Brisbane.

I'm considering the LS40R71BDX TV against the Panasonic TH-42PX600A 42" Plasma. They appear to be a similar price, however I believe I can pick the Sammy up a little cheaper ($2388) Would consider extending the warranty to 5 years for another $200, however unsure if it's necessary.

The input from external sources looked astounding, however I'm uncertain if the inbuilt tuner is as good as the Panasonic's. A lot of the time I'd be inputting from a PC input (VGA) anyway, so that's probably not of huge concern.

Is there anything I need to be looking out for w/ this TV, if I do decide to get it? I'm going to do a 1:1 comparison of the two TVs this afternoon to see which looks better on output from my laptop.

Cheers,

Tyson

I'm considering the LS40R71BDX TV against the Panasonic TH-42PX600A 42" Plasma. They appear to be a similar price, however I believe I can pick the Sammy up a little cheaper ($2388) Would consider extending the warranty to 5 years for another $200, however unsure if it's necessary.

The input from external sources looked astounding, however I'm uncertain if the inbuilt tuner is as good as the Panasonic's. A lot of the time I'd be inputting from a PC input (VGA) anyway, so that's probably not of huge concern.

Is there anything I need to be looking out for w/ this TV, if I do decide to get it? I'm going to do a 1:1 comparison of the two TVs this afternoon to see which looks better on output from my laptop.

Cheers,

Tyson

I have the Sammy and am quite happy with it. I have one issue and if you are only going to have one tv, or you can't hear the sound from other tvs, then it won't bother you. It seems the whole range (I've seen it on my 40 and on a 32 in a shop) processes the picture very slightly slower than all the other tvs/brands. We have two TVs and if they are on the same channel there is a slight echo in the audio; enough to be annoying. Also, I was watching the cricket at a retailer one day in front of a bank of sets. It was visibly noticeable that the Sammy video was a behind all the others. If I had known of the issue beforehand I think I would have chosen the corresponding Sony instead despite the extra cost.

I'm looking at getting this particular model too. How are you finding it? It has been recommended to me buy a friend who works at JB and im told currently i could have it for the price you just mentioned. Is the warranty normally 3 years?

I love it, even my wife is impressed (not a mean feat!). Don't know the normal length of the warranty but I was happy with 3 years regardless. Picture is excellent, nothing beats HD Channel 7 on channel 70 when they are showing their extended 'getaway' promos (Sophie Falkiner in HD is just awesome).

Well, after reading all 55 pages im leaning away from the Sammie LS40R71BDX TV and thinking of the Panasonic TH-42PX600A 42" Plasma. The mentions of blurring and sport have me worried. What are most peoples experience here with the samsung and fast motion/blurring? I can't stand anything resembling blur and from reading it seems the plasma might be the way to go for this reason.