Sign in to follow this  
Leonidas

New R Series Samsung LCD TV range

JB HiFi at Westfield Hornsby in Sydney.

Thanks for the reply SydneyGuy, the cheapest I could find was $1630.00 :blink:

I just purchased a LA40R71BX from Bing Lee Campbelltown for $2580 on Credit Card.

Does anyone have any comments on the Samsung LA40R71BDX vs Sony KDL-40V2000? There is about a $600 price difference between the two judging from the prices going around the internet and ebay. Is the Sony worth the extra money?

Does anyone have any comments on the Samsung LA40R71BDX vs Sony KDL-40V2000? There is about a $600 price difference between the two judging from the prices going around the internet and ebay. Is the Sony worth the extra money?

jivnjim, from the research I did, apparently its the same panel with different processing engines ie. DNIe or Bravia with different casings.

Also, the V only has 1 HDMI and 1 component inputs IIRC.

Have been more than happy with my LA40R since I've had it this week. HD looks great and Divx scale quite well although Foxtel have been slightly worse moving from a CRT.

HTH

C.

Hmm so it looks as though the Samsung LA40R71BDX has it in terms of bang for buck. There wouldn't be any other LCD's that'd be better than this one for 3k and under?

Edited by jivinjim

The first was a LA26R71BDX for the wife for Xmas to go in the bedroom. I bought it a couple of weeks before Xmas at JB for $1495. That wasn't a bad price then but it has already dropped below that now :-(.

Hi SydneyGuy, I am looking to buy a 26inch LCD for bedroom/patio etc (TV's which are easy to move from 1 spot to another). Have narrowed choices to Samsung, Panasonic & NEC all with built in HD tuners.

Best price for Sammy so far is $1550 (GG in Adelaide), will try JBhifi.

Question is, any drawbacks on Sammy so far?

Any comments from other members regarding my choices, greatly appreciated, ta

Looch

Question is, any drawbacks on Sammy so far?

I paid $1495 at JB HiFi for the 26" just before Christmas. Then in the after Christmas sales it was down to $1488 on the ticket so you could have probably done even better than that. I'm not sure what the current price is but if they could sell it for that then I am sure they could now too.

As for any drawbacks .... certainly not in terms of picture quality or digital reception. As many others have said, the sound leaves a little to be desired but it is certainly sufficient for a bedroom etc.

Just bought a 26 inch bdx for $1399 from Truscotts in Adelaide. All I did was ask for their best price!

Regards,

John

Just bought a 26 inch bdx for $1399 from Truscotts in Adelaide. All I did was ask for their best price!

Regards,

John

Truly amazing, thanks John, SydneyGuy. (1650 at one place, 1400 at another!!!)

John, which Truscotts... City store? The one on South Road, up the road from GG quoted me $1600 for the Sammy & 1750 for the Panny (as far as I can recall), did U check out the Panny price wise, as U can tell, I am still undcided on which 1 togo for.....

Did U compare the 2 sets?

Truly amazing, thanks John, SydneyGuy. (1650 at one place, 1400 at another!!!)

John, which Truscotts... City store? The one on South Road, up the road from GG quoted me $1600 for the Sammy & 1750 for the Panny (as far as I can recall), did U check out the Panny price wise, as U can tell, I am still undcided on which 1 togo for.....

Did U compare the 2 sets?

I bought the Samsung from the Hillcrest store. This is for my mother in law who lives in a very small unit. I chose the Samsung based on set size, picture quality, built in HD tuner (very important), HDMI connection and price. I'm still waiting on delivery - these units are hard to get in Adelaide.

Sorry, I haven't done a comparison with the Panasonic. I was very happy with the picture quality of the Samsung in their store. (Had been through plasma screen comparisons before Xmas for our home. Bought the Pioneer 507, the Panasonic was my second choice.)

Regards,

John

I picked up the 32" this arvo for $1,798 at HN on 3 year int free. It's being used as a 2nd TV for the kitchen/dining area. First impressions are quite positive. It has the slightest motion blur when compared to my Hitachi 8800 plasma but it's really not too bad. Colour depth is quite pleasing. I've been looking for the uneven lighting issue on dark scenes but haven't detected it yet on FTA DTV touch wood. :blink:

Still tweaking the picture settings. I've read all 54 pages over the past 3 hours and noted and experimented with some of the settings others have used. Anyone else, who's had their panel a while, like to share their settings? Looking forward to seeing how it performs with Letterman in HD on Monday night.

Well I took the plunge and bought the 40". $2750 with an extra two years warranty.

I had a good hard look at the F series (1920x1080) but the lack of Digital tuner and the extra cost made it not worth it. That and the fact that I sit 3.5metres from it so I wouldn't be able to "see" the difference anyway.

Looks great from HTPC over the PC connection. I'll probably get a HDMI card at some stage but it's all good for now.

I picked up the following 2 units on Thursday from Bing Lee in Brookvale:

LA40R71BDX $2580

LA32R71BDX $1840

Cheers,

Edited by wocka

New to Australia, moved from Canada. I'm trying to decide on a TV to buy and was planning on heading to Perth to do some shopping to get all the stuff I couldn't bring from home.

Has anyone picked up at 32" R series in Perth recently, how much can you get one for there? Any other sets I should be looking at in the same size/price range, mainly from Sharp, Phillips or Panasonic. Just need some help settling on a 32" tv before I head down there because I only have 2 days to shop around and need to get a bunch of other things as well.

Thanks,

Gab

Howdy everyone, just got back from the Good Guys in Alexandria and have brought home with me the Samsung LA32R71BDX. Got it for $1750 with 3 year warranty.

Very happy, will be setting it up in the kitchen tonight or tomorrow! :blink:

Just picked up the 40" from JB HIfi for $2330 after some serious negotiatons!!

Can anyone give me advice of cables for hooking up foxtel and DVD (not HDMI yet)

Thanks

Ok guys, im new here so go easy. I tried to start a new topic but I don't have permission?

This is the closest topic I could find.

I'm looking at buying either The Panasonic Viera TH-42PX600A 42 inch Plasma or Samsung LA40R71BDX 40" LCD TV.

I read a lot of reviews and they both score well... similar price too.

I plan to connect my xbox media center and watch DVDs, TV, play games etc.

What do you all recommend?? suggest? Any other models I should look at?

Hi All,

I bought the 32 inch R series a few months back and generally have been pretty pleased with it (yes, sound could be better).

One thing I have noticed though is that when I wire the audio out from the unit to my stereo, the sound is a fraction of a second out of synch with the sound coming directly out of the TV. This is not an issue if I mute the TV, but I don't really want to have to do that all of the time.

Anyone else noticed this? Any fixes?

Thanks,

DS

Hope someone can help!

Does anyone have a receipt for a Samsung LA40R71BDX 40" LCD TV... some of the prices ive seen in here seem to good to be true!

Preferably in Melbourne.... im going in next week.

Cheers!

How can the LA32R7 be connected to a DVD Recorder - so HDTV programs can be connected ?? There is no Video/Audio Outputs ??? Someone help plz :blink:

How can the LA32R7 be connected to a DVD Recorder - so HDTV programs can be connected ?? There is no Video/Audio Outputs ??? Someone help plz :blink:

cannot be done you need a PVR or other with its own HD stb to do that. in the early posts that was covered in depth... also stopped some people from purchasing this unit. bad luck... I'm looking for a good dvd recorder with 2 HD tuners or ST tuners and loads of hard drive space, still resurching and waiting....