Sign in to follow this  
Leonidas

New R Series Samsung LCD TV range

Looks like I'm waiting til August then, should have my tax return back as well.

I also noticed a few features specified 80cm & 101cm models only, does that mean that the 37" is coming but that it is not that good?

haha, good to see im not the only one who is going to splurge with my tax return:)

Help

I'm now interested in the LA26R71BD with built in hi def. Cos No Box, simple design

Local Harvey Norman quoted me $1899 but not in stock yet. (DARWIN)

Says it has a a dual tuner.

HD suits me in Darwin but I'm moving south to remote area in a couple of months.

Can any one confirm that with built in tuner - I will still be able to operate this LCD in analogue (untill the day we get a signal in the foothills of the Snowy Mountains)

Anyone help/confirm?

It has both an analogue and digital tuner, I can confirm that.

hi Xluke.... have you seen the new r71 yet? as you can see I'm still chasing the best price in the SW of WA. if you have compared to rte m61 series, what's your opinion??

Has anyone checked yet if this new series of intergrated hd tuner LCD suffers from the same ridiculous set up as the new intergrated HD samsung plasmas, (no audio out from the HD tuner for home theatre speakers from an home theater panel - idiots!!!!!)

xluke this contrast number change from 5000 to 3000 ... I saw today it was back to 5000 now back to 3000 again ??? whats going on, any idea??I cannot seem to see the data frome the above link samsung.com.au.r7. I have the manual but nothing re numbers.

stevoo i am looking at the manual and there is a item 11, Didital audio out ( Optical) says connect to digital audio component not sure if that's what you are needing to know.

quick update - just checked the samsung website and that have changed the claimed spec on LA32R71BD to 3000:1 - was 5000:1 - if i had to guess i think they may have some M series stock left they are trying to shift (or am i being too cynical???) BTW cash price should be around $2100 if u r really prepared to haggle.

Really? I just purchase it today. the dynamic contrast ratio is 5000:1 shown as the description on the label of package. Anyway, it's nice. I am so pleased with it so far.

hi appletaea, how much and from where????

actually, i didnt plan to buy this. However since the model I wanted stopped supplying; they've instead given me this latest model without extra charges.

lucky, i have been quoted the same price for both old and new model..??? m61 and r71, even a ball park figure and location would be great that way I know if Bunbury WA will have a lot of extra freight.

I purchased a samsung plasma HDTV (42 Inch PS42D7HD) last weekend.

Picture great!

But...

I have noticed the following problems with the sound.

3. When watching DTV, I can not get any sound to the external amplifier viai AV out. And what looked liked 'Optical out' to the sales assistant is a PC AV out. NO SOUND/VIDEO OUT FOR DTV!!

This is the problem with the new samsung plasmas to clarify my earlier post. they also have come out with hd tuners inside.

If you read the thread people with them have found you can get sound back out of the panel if you input it (dvd,pvr, ect) but not from the intergrated tuner. No picture either for dvd burning ect.

taken from this thread.

xluke this contrast number change from 5000 to 3000 ... I saw today it was back to 5000 now back to 3000 again ??? whats going on, any idea??I cannot seem to see the data frome the above link samsung.com.au.r7. I have the manual but nothing re numbers.

on the it says the 26" has 3000:1 & the larger models have 5000:1, the 26" also lacks a few other features in the image department.

My sister got an LA32R71BD last night. Paid $2185 at Bing Lee Brookvale.

I generally prefer the look of plasmas, but the image through the built in digitial tuner is excellent. It seems like a pretty good product for someone after a smaller and easy to set up screen.

Just bought the LA32R71BD for $2050 at Bing Lee Rhodes, very happy with it.

I've just been into JB HiFi in Melbourne to see if they had the R series in stock, but the guy said it won't be in until next week.

He was trying to direct me towards the T series and when I asked about the new model with integrated digital tuner, he said that he isn't keen on internal digital tuners because after about 6 hours of continuous running they have heat related problems. Is this true or is he just trying to sell his old stock?

Hi daryl check out this thread

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtopic=36714

Each place you go to for prices ask lots of questions... after a whil you get to spot the Bull....t.

Hi chuckc

I am in WA and rang Bing Lee Rhodes, nice people, they will send me a price from there, freight I bet it will land in Bunbury cheaper than my cheapest quote... $2300. I am a bit concernrd re warranties if needed. If purchased locally all I do is take it back.... but it could give me the leaverage I'm looking for. enjoy your New TV... stock is estmated to land in Bunbury mid July..... we are not called WA (Wait Awhile) for nothing .

chuckc, is there an email address in your paperwork for that shop in Rhodes?... they may have written doen my email address incorrectly.

My sister got an LA32R71BD last night. Paid $2185 at Bing Lee Brookvale.

I generally prefer the look of plasmas, but the image through the built in digitial tuner is excellent. It seems like a pretty good product for someone after a smaller and easy to set up screen.

Hi there - just called my local Bing Lee - Brookvale - best they'll do is $2150 so it pays to shop around - mind you it would cost me close to 100 bucks on fuel for the round trip trip to Rhodes and back ...

Hi there - just called my local Bing Lee - Brookvale - best they'll do is $2150 so it pays to shop around - mind you it would cost me close to 100 bucks on fuel for the round trip trip to Rhodes and back ...

Castle Hill Good Guys quoted me $2150 for LA32R71BD

and $1575 for LA26R71BD

This may seem like a silly question, so sorry in advance...

If I buy an lcd tv such as this Sammy, with a resolution of 1366x768, when content is eventually shown in 1920 x 1080 what will happen? Do I just see a slightly less perfect picture?

yes, but its hard to tell the difference on a monitor below 40inches.

Also, I can get the LA32R71BD delivered to my door for $1999 from gameon.net.au.

Castle Hill Good Guys quoted me $2150 for LA32R71BD

and $1575 for LA26R71BD

Harvey Norman at Taren Point supercentre $2135 for cash and $2347 interest free,Not bad! :blink:

Has anyone purchased the 40" model and what are the current best prices being quoted by retailers?

thanks