New R Series Samsung LCD TV range

Anyone Think there would be a chance that I could possibly Get a 32" R series Samsung For $-1800 around XMAS Time?

$-1800? So the retailer gives you $1800 to take one off their hands? Sounds fair... :blink:

But in reality, I suspect you'll have to wait until the new model arrives...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$-1800? So the retailer gives you $1800 to take one off their hands? Sounds fair... :blink:

But in reality, I suspect you'll have to wait until the new model arrives...

lol, I guess i didn't phrase that to well......I meant $1800 At Max

Yeah...I haven't seen any information about a new 32" Samsung....Only those 40" and 46" F series.

Got some pricing info about those new 40" & 46" F71 LCD TV

LA40F71BX :

101cm, 16:9, 6000:1 Dynamic C/R, 500cd/m2,1920x1080p,2xHDMI,HDTV inputs (1080p/1080i/720p),teletext, 2 x comp,W-XGA, PC in VESA Compliant

RRP $5499inc

LA46F71BX :

117cm, 16:9, 6000:1 Dynamic C/R, 500cd/m2,1920x1080p,2xHDMI,HDTV inputs (1080p/1080i/720p),teletext, 2 x comp,W-XGA, PC in VESA Compliant

RRP $6499inc

Street selling price will be lower as Sony's 1080p LCD already selling for <$5k at Myer and F71 only have Analog Tuner.

as for ETA... Nov or Dec, but guess most of the mass merchant will have priority access to fist batch of stock... as usual.

Got some pricing info about those new 40" & 46" F71 LCD TV

LA40F71BX :

101cm, 16:9, 6000:1 Dynamic C/R, 500cd/m2,1920x1080p,2xHDMI,HDTV inputs (1080p/1080i/720p),teletext, 2 x comp,W-XGA, PC in VESA Compliant

RRP $5499inc

LA46F71BX :

117cm, 16:9, 6000:1 Dynamic C/R, 500cd/m2,1920x1080p,2xHDMI,HDTV inputs (1080p/1080i/720p),teletext, 2 x comp,W-XGA, PC in VESA Compliant

RRP $6499inc

Street selling price will be lower as Sony's 1080p LCD already selling for <$5k at Myer and F71 only have Analog Tuner.

as for ETA... Nov or Dec, but guess most of the mass merchant will have priority access to fist batch of stock... as usual.

We'll be selling these soon as well.

Pricing looks good. I'm hoping to sell the LA40F71BX for under $4000 and the LA46F71BX for under $5000.

I've read through a heap of this thread [and others] about the Samsungs and just about to make a purchase.

I'm leaning towards the 32" LA32R71BDX with the higher contrast opposed to the LA32S71BX. It will be a gift for my parents who are currently complaining their existing CRT is too dark and they can't see anything in dark scenes. (to me it's ok but we all have different tastes)

Just a couple of questions if someone can answer. What is the true contrast ratio compared to dynamic and do these LCDs perform well in dark scenes?

Also have the issues mentioned in this thread now been resolved? (bright corners, etc...)

The Sony looks the goods too but a bit more than I wanted to pay, or is it really worth the extra?

Cheers

Guest WalrusLike
I've read through a heap of this thread [and others] about the Samsungs and just about to make a purchase.

...Just a couple of questions if someone can answer. What is the true contrast ratio compared to dynamic and do these LCDs perform well in dark scenes?

I dont want to be out of line in a LCD thread... but if dark scenes are at issue the plasmas are recognized as having far better performance in that area... also significantly cheaper. Just a suggestion.

I dont want to be out of line in a LCD thread... but if dark scenes are at issue the plasmas are recognized as having far better performance in that area... also significantly cheaper. Just a suggestion.

Not out of line, thanks, but size is an issue. The location [tv unit] unfortunately is not big enough for a 42" plasma. I should have mentioned that, if it wasn't for that I would have been looking at plasma.

Cheers

Dave

I've got a 32 r series, the dark scenes arent as good as what you'd get from a good crt telly. However that being said their not terrible either.

IF you are wondering what it would look like take a dvd of a dark scene in a movie or whatever to the hsop and get the to play it..

Im happy with my sammy. Although im not a huge tv wattcher.

2cents worth hope it helped

Gray

Guest Lazydog
Samsung techie came to check it out. Took one look(for about half a second) and told me to take it back. Deffinately a problem with it. Getting a new unit today.

Hey mate, had 3 units so far- but just watched a dvd where there are a few dark scenes. Had exactly the same problem , 4 bright corners kinda like an oblong on screen...... any explanation???

Edited by Lazydog

Dave

I've got a 32 r series, the dark scenes arent as good as what you'd get from a good crt telly. However that being said their not terrible either.

IF you are wondering what it would look like take a dvd of a dark scene in a movie or whatever to the hsop and get the to play it..

Im happy with my sammy. Although im not a huge tv wattcher.

2cents worth hope it helped

Gray

Thanks for that, yes it did. I'll take along a dvd with dark scenes to see how it performs.

I was planning to make it a surprise gift for my parents but I think I'll need them to come along now :blink:

Cheers

Hey mate, had 3 units so far- but just watched a dvd where there are a few dark scenes. Had exactly the same problem , 4 bright corners kinda like an oblong on screen...... any explanation???

Yep...it's faulty ! Technically i got no answer for you, Just take it back and don't settle until you get a unit that doesn't do it. In the end i gave up and got it swapped for a sony.

Seems the earlier reviews in this thread were of Korean made units, and so far it would seem all the faulty units like mine and surroundfan have coem out of Thailand. Bit of a shame really, such nice TV's when they're not faulty.

Wonder if it was only the 40" that came out of Thailand with faults,

I have the 40" R from Thailand and have not seen any of the same problems. Have quickly tested all inputs other than the HDMI but am going to connect a DVD and be a bit more thorough just to make sure there are no backlight issues. Normally watch DVD's via the PC connection. It would be good if the resolution could be 1368 x 768 so I was missing one pixel from either end rather than the picture stopping 3 pixels from the edge.

I have been meaning to ask this for a while, thanks for the prompt Gar, how many other 32" owners aso have the dtv 16:9 picture 3 pixels short left & right, about 2 top and bottom, this is not an issue for me but was wondering if this normal for LCD's??

Guest maestro!
Damn! That's not good. Did your new screen have the grey corners though?

I would be giving them one more chance. It seems that they are capable of making decent ones. It's just that you (and I) have not struck them yet.

(Also, as an aside because it was raised earlier in the thread, for Pioneer DVD owners, the remote code is 143).

Hi Surroundfan.

Thanks for the tip on the Pioneer code. Unfortuntately it didn't work for me. Should this code work on all Pioneers? I think mine is a DV-355 (I'd have to check though..I'm at work at the moment which makes it a little difficult).

Hi Surroundfan.

Thanks for the tip on the Pioneer code. Unfortuntately it didn't work for me. Should this code work on all Pioneers? I think mine is a DV-355 (I'd have to check though..I'm at work at the moment which makes it a little difficult).

Should work with all players with variants of the current of the current remote, which both the DV-655 and DV-696 have...

Guest Lazydog
My problem doesn't seem to be as bad as yours. The corner patches are only slightly noticable when it is all black. When watching video, I am pleased with the image and the problem isn't noticable at all. So, I am not sure if I want to exchange for another panel. I fear that another panel may have other worse problems. Anyway, I will still give samsung a call to see what they will say.

I am in the same boat. What did you end up doing here???? My Picture is awesome on DTV and patches only seem noticeable when watching very dark scenes on DVD. I do not want to jeopardise getting another panel in case it's not so good.

I am in the same boat. What did you end up doing here???? My Picture is awesome on DTV and patches only seem noticeable when watching very dark scenes on DVD. I do not want to jeopardise getting another panel in case it's not so good.

If you're happy with it, keep it. But, the fact you're dwelling on it suggests it may bug you in the future.

For most of my viewing, my Samsung was fine, but the thought of seeing the grey blotches bugged me so I swapped mine for the Sony and have been happy since.

hi all

just been following the UK thread on this TV and guess what.... 40" owners are complaining of ... "Sun spots" Bright corners..

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthr...ge=22&pp=25

have passed on to them our findings regrding place of manufacture and that most have go pissed off with samsung and bought Sony's

seems to be a world wide problem AVOID THAILAND MADE STUF

If you're happy with it, keep it. But, the fact you're dwelling on it suggests it may bug you in the future.

For most of my viewing, my Samsung was fine, but the thought of seeing the grey blotches bugged me so I swapped mine for the Sony and have been happy since.

I agree, though it played with my head so bad i couldn't turn the damn thing on without looking to the corners and then ultimately getting the shits. Wasn't an issue on 90% of normal TV viewing, but as soon as any dark scene came along....where did my eyes go ? Straight to those blotch's.

Even at the great price the Sammies are going for now, it's still alot of money to fork out for a product that's not 100%.

QUOTE(maestro! @ Nov 7 2006, 10:12 AM)

Hi Surroundfan.

Should work with all players with variants of the current of the current remote, which both the DV-655 and DV-696 have...

Hi

I also tried the code 143 on my pioneer, DV373, with no luck.

Any ideas for that model?

Cheers

Gray

• 2 weeks later...