Sign in to follow this  
Leonidas

New R Series Samsung LCD TV range

these TV's are shipping now. Instores in a week.

Thanks, should we expect to see M prices drop below $2000 for the 32" & Below $3000 for the 40" ?

I have noticed Bravia V prices have been discounted recentlt also, quite a few sites selling the 32" for $2800.

hi all, went into my local retravision store in Bunbury WA today... the Samsung LA32R71BD was not on the computer.... " The computer says NO!"

Is that a blue bit down at the bottom of the bezel, or is it just a reflection off the screen somehow?

I saw the LA32R71BD at Bing Lees for $2.5k yesterday...very impressed.. and with an inbuilt HD tuner.. my dreams are coming true :blink: Does it support Mac? or just Windows XP,,, wife would be happy with one less box in the lounge room and HDMI for PS3... the fellow at bing Lee reckons the price will drop further.... said he could do a better deal if I paid ca$h.......

I saw the LA32R71BD at Bing Lees for $2.5k yesterday...very impressed.. and with an inbuilt HD tuner.. my dreams are coming true :blink: Does it support Mac? or just Windows XP,,, wife would be happy with one less box in the lounge room and HDMI for PS3... the fellow at bing Lee reckons the price will drop further.... said he could do a better deal if I paid ca$h.......

http://www.samsung.com/uk/r7/index.htm

Anyone spotted these in Melbourne yet?

Was thinking of getting one of the previous models, but would love to see one of these in action.

In that Uk link, it mentions a 37", anyone know if this will be available here ?.

It also mentions white models, can anyone confirm if we're likely to see these here soon, not a big fan of black ?

Called in to Retravision at Rosny Park in Hobart to get a price on the LA40R71 model. They haven't received any in yet but gave a cash price of $3950 and $3550 for the M61. This could be a little on the high side but their cash pricing is usually fairly competitive.

May be able to do a bit better than this with some haggling but I am not ready to buy for a couple of weeks. $400 is quite a large difference in price between models as there is only $200 between the Recommended Retail Prices for these TVs.

Will check out Harvey Norman and Clive Peeters for price also when I am ready to buy.

from the look of the aus website id say not right now. doesnt mean they wont be here soon though.

I called JB Hi Fi Cannington (WA), the guy on the phone didnt have them yet but claimed a rrp of $4299 and said the sticker price would probably be around $3900.

Is it just me or do these quoted prices seem VERY high?

I think they are - considering the 40 inch M series was around the $3,200 mark (excluding a tuner). I suppose a price increase is fair enough if they have some new features etc I guess.

not by that magnitude though - the rrp's are only $200 apart.

not by that magnitude though - the rrp's are only $200 apart.

I don't know about you guys, but it is going to be something really special to prevent me buying a plasma.

I spent a lot of time checing at all displays over the past two weeks and LCD's are nice but I'm still not sure.

I watch a lot more fox, movies & sport and still think the plasma displays give a better pictur for the money at moment.

Anyone spotted these in Melbourne yet?

Was thinking of getting one of the previous models, but would love to see one of these in action.

Power House at Know City have stock of these at a shade over $3500 if you haggle some.

I don't know about you guys, but it is going to be something really special to prevent me buying a plasma.

I spent a lot of time checing at all displays over the past two weeks and LCD's are nice but I'm still not sure.

I watch a lot more fox, movies & sport and still think the plasma displays give a better pictur for the money at moment.

I tend to agree - the only reason I'm going for an LCD is the size constraints I have, and also I'm considering using it with a HTPC. Hopefully the one I buy can be relegated to the bedroom/spare room when I get a bigger house and get something better in time.

42" plasmas look HEAPS better then their LCD equivalent. LCD technology is way behind Plasma and I think everyone is well aware of that.

However, if your going to use your TV for anything but watching TV then you should consider LCD. Burn-in is an issue when wanting to game on an LCD or connect a PC.

Those are the reasons I will buy LCD. Oh, and the fact I need a 32inch panel, not 42 :blink:

42" plasmas look HEAPS better then their LCD equivalent. LCD technology is way behind Plasma and I think everyone is well aware of that.

However, if your going to use your TV for anything but watching TV then you should consider LCD. Burn-in is an issue when wanting to game on an LCD or connect a PC.

Those are the reasons I will buy LCD. Oh, and the fact I need a 32inch panel, not 42 :P

I totally understand your reasons for LCD. I have yet to see a PC or games hooked up to an LCD TV.

That's why I really can't make my mind up :blink: . 32" SAMSUNG LCD OR 42" PANNA OR SAMSUNG (IT LOOKS BETTER).

:D

PS Sorry about my last post spelling. Trying to calm down the kids!!!!!!!!!!

Best quote ive heard so far is $2400 for the 32 inch.

Best quote ive heard so far is $2400 for the 32 inch.

Is that the M or R series? IF it is the R series, WHERE?

I have seen the M series for $2100 (Sticker price) @ Big Lee Campbelltown.

For the R Series. My local JB will do one for that price at the drop of a hat. Could easily get it lower if i tried.