New R Series Samsung LCD TV range

Guys I just purchased the 42" plasma and a 26" LCD, both Samsung, both with build in HD Tuner. My issue is this: until recently I was running the 42" Plasma off bunnie ears, I know thats a shocker but previous owners never had a antenna, either way the signal info showed channel 10 at 90%. When watching the footy the other day I noticed that when a drop punt was kicked it was very blurry, very pixelated. I have since added the antenna which has bumped the signal to 95%, although the footy is the same. Very annoying being someone that watches a lot of it.

Any suggestions, or does anyone have the same issues?

Cheers.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after reading all 55 pages im leaning away from the Sammie LS40R71BDX TV and thinking of the Panasonic TH-42PX600A 42" Plasma. The mentions of blurring and sport have me worried. What are most peoples experience here with the samsung and fast motion/blurring? I can't stand anything resembling blur and from reading it seems the plasma might be the way to go for this reason.

I last weekend compared the two and motion blur was of specific concern to me.

I chose the Panasonic Plasma as it ripped the Sammy to shreds, which disappointed me, cause I really loved the Samsung TV and LCD technology as a whole. However.

The Plasma's blacks and colour performance can't be matched by LCD, and if you watch anything with fast motion the Plasma will be your TV of choice.

Re: the poster above with the issue when watching the football.

My understanding is that Digital TV will not 'blur' images if it's got bad signal, it will simply drop frames. The blur/artefacting that you mention is something that I saw on the Samsung during my extensive testing of the panel, and was one of the reasons I bought the Panasonic. It seems either the Tuner, or the TV's image processor has issue processing a lot of data at once, and as such it tends to do an MPEG style compression of the image, resulting in blocky/blurry picture during action etc. This was a major drawback for me, and thus I bought the Panasonic.

Please note, I hope I'm wrong and that this issue goes away for you at some point in time. :blink:

Guest Benjamin Singleton
Benjamin Singleton, give these people a try I got great prices delivered to my door in SW of WA, worth a shot, I emailed this person

Savvas Xexenis|Co-Owner

Game On Interactive

savvas@gameon.net.au

http://www.gameon.net.au/

Good luck

Thanks Roxtan. I tried these guys but they came in dearer.

Just paid for a Samsung 32" LA32R71WDX today $1600 from Retravision. Is this price ok?

Yep!! Great price. I paid $1750 only 2 months ago...kicking myself - but if you keep waiting, you'll never get one!

Go have fun! We love our kitchen telly now!! :blink:

I currently own a 23" lg LCD TV expect it doesn't have a built in HD Tuner, Heck my PC Monitor is a 24" lol. I have a playstation 3 on laybuy at Target and want to get a bigger LCD HDTV 32" as thats the biggest i can go in bedroom TV Cabinet would the playstation 3 work on this on HDMI connections i don't care about the 1080p thing as i have no room where to put 40" in room i wish i could :blink:. Is the samsung 32" R Series i good buy for gaming and watching the occasional blu ray movie.

I have SD and HD boxes and also a HD Plasma with built in tuner.

Blurring at the edges of players in distant sport shots is a common occurance on all the TV's and set ups I have used.

I have noticed this on the AFL and Soccer.

Why does digitsl TV do this?

During Todays Soccer on SBS I switched my panasonic plasma from the digital signal to the analogue and the analogue picture had non of the blur around the edges of plyers on the distant shots of the players. The analogue picture was actually much better to watch because of this.

Guest Gerard01

Im inserting this question here as it seems to be the most viewed Samsung thread

My question may also be relevant to R series owners.

Samsung Bezel… (Gloss black frame) question.

I have the M61 series 40 Inch LCD, and have had many of the Pink picture problems with it until it got fixed.

During the time I had the Pink picture issue I was distracted by that and didn’t really want to look for more issues with the set.

Lately, I changed the sets location and I get nice sunlight reflection on the set and I can say that the Black Bezels is quite distracting.

Not because its shiny but because its full of Bumps and dents. One gets distracted by the uneven reflections from the surface of the thing.

My question is, has anyone changed the bezel ($175 part) and found that there is no difference or has it fixed the prob?.

I figure it can be one of two things….

Super cheap manufacturing were the thickness of the plastic is so light that the screws pull at it from the back

I can fix this by inserting a new bezel and lightly tightening the screws without warping the heck out of it:

Or ……..does someone already know that the things are warped and dented from the production line ( no fix there)……

On 23rd of march I brought the R series 26" inch LCD thing and its really amazing.

the picture is perfect and beautiful.

i paid 1325 including delivery from harvey norman.

I have to check the thing with Footy this weekend.

But i connected my laptop to watch some cricket and the picture is a just OK.

got the 26 Inch LA26R71BDX for 1190 from Dicksmith

they are having a sale this weekend

just wondering does all samsung LCD TV's come with 3 years warranty? the DSE lady told me its only 1 and the extra 2 is optional

whats the going price these days for the 40"?

saw it at JB hifi for 2400

Edited by zen c

got the 26 Inch LA26R71BDX for 1190 from Dicksmith

they are having a sale this weekend

just wondering does all samsung LCD TV's come with 3 years warranty? the DSE lady told me its only 1 and the extra 2 is optional

saw it at JB hifi for 2400

Hi I got these prices 2 weeks ago.

The direct deposit prices are:

LA26R71BDX - $1325

LA32R71BDX - $1599

LA40R71BDX - $2349

These prices are for black and white however I can only get the 40" in

black.

Regards

Savvas Xexenis|Co-Owner

Game On Interactive

savvas@gameon.net.au

Guest barney2109

Samsung La32r71bdx or Philips 32PF9631D/79

Have seen the Philips lcd a few times now and was really impressed.Does anyone know or heard much about this one???????

Just picked up the white version of the 26" from JB HiFi in melb city for $1296.

Seems to be a fair price due to the white one just being released.

The guy told me it was $7 more than cost but that I think that might have been stretching it...

Just picked up the white version of the 26" from JB HiFi in melb city for $1296.

The guy told me it was $7 more than cost but that I think that might have been stretching it...

Just released huh?

barney2109, i've got the 40" R71 (about a year ago with extended warranty for $3600--which was pretty good at the time!). My sister and bro finally decided to get 32" LCDs and went with the Philips after considering the Panasonic, Sharp and Samsung.

At Myers in Sydney, they had the Sharp PD5X next to the Philips. Both were set up out of the box without any tweaks and the Philips out performed every LCD around it including the Samsung sitting two shelves up. There's an aerial shot of a suburb in the HD loop and the amount of detail on the Philips was almost unbelievable compared to the LCDs around it. Colourwise, it's really up to you what you like imho.

Can't remember exact price but got extended warranties (to 5 yrs--the new screens all seem to be 1yr now) for about $1790 (i think).. definitely under $1800 =)

Ask for Kwong if you're interested. Priced up the Sharp, Panasonic and Samsung too at lower prices than anywhere else i'd gone to that week.

Only issue I found once we had the TV set up at my sister's place was that channel 7 on HD isn't choppy as all heck. Other channels are fine.

..Picked up the the white for $1200 on Easter Monday....does that mean they made a loss :blink:

Hi guys. i recently bought the 40" R71 but my question applies to all R7 samsungs in general. Say you are watching tv or playing a games console. Is there a way to know what the channel or game is being displayed at, e.g. if its being displayed at 480p, 720p, 1080i etc. Also for tv channels, can u select what you want to display it at, like if its being sent out at 1080i can u choose to watch it at 720p?

Sorry if this sounds trivial but im new to the world of HDTV. Any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Just wanted to thank you guys - I finally bought the LA32R71BDX for $1400 cant wait for it to be delivered!! took me ages to decide on a model but after reading this thread I finally decided

Just wanted to thank you guys - I finally bought the LA32R71BDX for $1400 cant wait for it to be delivered!! took me ages to decide on a model but after reading this thread I finally decided

that's a great price, may i ask where you bought it from, hopefully i can get one for that price too.

that's a great price, may i ask where you bought it from, hopefully i can get one for that price too.

Got it (after trawling the net) from a samsung dealer in Ringwood Victoria (im in QLD) they are doing the freight for $45 so all up $1445 I got them to check where it was made (korea) so I was very very happy with the price. Only other price that I could get close to that was $1535 from gameon.net

Got it (after trawling the net) from a samsung dealer in Ringwood Victoria (im in QLD) they are doing the freight for $45 so all up $1445 I got them to check where it was made (korea) so I was very very happy with the price. Only other price that I could get close to that was $1535 from gameon.net

which dealer? any contacts? thanks

!