New R Series Samsung LCD TV range

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all again,I just called HB Hifi Cannington WA got a price for LA32R71BD at $2396... what would be a steal price that retailers will not laugh at???

$2000, $2100, ???? I want this unit but have to stick to this budget...

Hi dr smith, no that $2396 was just a quick call no haggling..... my budget is $2000 or less cash or eftpos deal.... I was am not sure what the the big boys like HN & retravision, pruchase the la32R71BD for and then what I can nail down as a super great deal.

as to the negotiating .... remenber I am in bunbury wa so transport accross this large land must be considered??? But I need a guide to tell if i'm being ripped off... most of the sales people know me by name now...

These sound good but I was hoping we were going to get these 1920x1080p native Samsungs soon:

LN-S4696D

Do we Aussies miss out again :blink:

Oh well I will keep my $$ in my pocket till the Sony sxrds arrive

We are 6 months behind Europe and 12 months behind USA. That model will be here soon enough.

quick update - just checked the samsung website and that have changed the claimed spec on LA32R71BD to 3000:1 - was 5000:1 - if i had to guess i think they may have some M series stock left they are trying to shift (or am i being too cynical???) BTW cash price should be around $2100 if u r really prepared to haggle.

quick update - just checked the samsung website and that have changed the claimed spec on LA32R71BD to 3000:1 - was 5000:1 - if i had to guess i think they may have some M series stock left they are trying to shift (or am i being too cynical???) BTW cash price should be around $2100 if u r really prepared to haggle.

I'm new to all this but have been impressed by the quality of the Samsung. (Best picture in the shop in that size)

Looking only at a conservative 23 inch and I think its the old model M series.

Does $ 1200 sound Ok for this model? (I haggled for a little less) ie if its still there tomorrow!

I'm also looking at an HD set top samsung to match. Not looking at top of the range.

Have a SHARP DVD/Vcr player about 6 months old DV-RW-250X

Really not sure about the HD thing, keen but hesitant.

Also will be moving to a remote area of NSW in several months. This site does not even recognise the postcode! Bet there is no reception. Postcode 2633

Hi dr smith, no that $2396 was just a quick call no haggling..... my budget is $2000 or less cash or eftpos deal.... I was am not sure what the the big boys like HN & retravision, pruchase the la32R71BD for and then what I can nail down as a super great deal.

as to the negotiating .... remenber I am in bunbury wa so transport accross this large land must be considered??? But I need a guide to tell if i'm being ripped off... most of the sales people know me by name now...

I'm not sure as to whether the price of $2396 for the la32R71BD is reasonable or not, as I have not checked pricing on this model. It would however be worth going back to the store and asking if that price included interest free terms for a period (like interest free terms advertised at Harvey Norman). For 12 months interest free, you should be able to negotiate approximately a 10% reduction in the purchase price for a cash sale.

The prices of LCD and plasma are coming down all the time, so if $2000 is your limit I suspect you will be able to purchase the unit for that within the next few months.

I know this sounds a bit fishy but I was phoning around trying to get a good price on a 32" M61 and managed to get to about $2100. I phoned Myer in Adelaide CBD and the guy said that they could better that price but he would have to get back to be re: availability. When he called back, he said that he couldn't get any more M61's but he could do the R71 for the same price. I said would that be $2050? He replied that he would do it for $2000 with free delivery. I said is that definitely the LA32R71b, he said yep and they'll be in tomorrow. So, done deal!! It must be a mistake though, the Good Guys wouldn't even sell me an M61 for less than $2200. Just have to wait and see what happens.

I'm really tempted by the R, but I don't want to buy a lower quality panel just for the built in tuner.

Is this a Samsung website stuff up or is the M superior?

I've been looking at both the new Samsung LA40R71BD and PS42D7HD and have some prices.....

LA40R71BD - Best so far Myer Melbourne City $3500.00

PS42D7HD - Best so far Myer Melbourne City $2990.00

I've checked out JB and the 40R was quoted at $3616.00 - i guess they'll match any quote and throw in some cables as well if they're pushed.

Myer is probably a better option because they don't charge Credit Card fees and you get you fly buys, Myer One points etc etc.

If anyone has quotes on either of these two i'd pe interested to know.....

I've been looking at both the new Samsung LA40R71BD and PS42D7HD and have some prices.....

LA40R71BD - Best so far Myer Melbourne City $3500.00

PS42D7HD - Best so far Myer Melbourne City $2990.00

I've checked out JB and the 40R was quoted at $3616.00 - i guess they'll match any quote and throw in some cables as well if they're pushed.

Myer is probably a better option because they don't charge Credit Card fees and you get you fly buys, Myer One points etc etc.

If anyone has quotes on either of these two i'd pe interested to know.....

Thanks for the tip Baboon.

Called Myer in Hobart and got a price of $3599 (Cash or Credit) for the LA40R71BD.

The guy I spoke to said that they would be in the store in Melbourne on the 28th of June.

I'm really tempted by the R, but I don't want to buy a lower quality panel just for the built in tuner.

Is this a Samsung website stuff up or is the M superior?

I would suggest a stuff up as every other reference on the website to the 32R71 and all references to the 40R71 are 5000:1

Every indicator says that this is a newer and better panel.

If you guys are tossing up between the M6 Series and R7 series, you can always wait for the new M7 series to come out:

Looks very similar to the current M6 design.

Specs:

Smooth Motion

XBOX 360 Optimised

Multi-Memory Slot (10 in 3)

Dymanic Contrast: 6000:1

12,8 Millions of Colours

TFT-LCD with Super-PVA-Technologie, WXGA (1366 x 768)

1 Tuner

2 x HDMI™ (HDCP)

DVI

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=330494

just checked the spec on samsung site again la32r71bd ... back to 5000:1

best price in bunburu wa so far $2299..... the same price is also for older M series ??? go figure....

Any retailers from bunbury Wa looking at this...... $of er me $2100 and I'll be in to purchase one LA32R71BD now....

best price in bunburu wa so far $2299..... the same price is also for older M series ??? go figure....

Any retailers from bunbury Wa looking at this...... $of er me $2100 and I'll be in to purchase one LA32R71BD now....

Was $2299 a sticker price or a negotiated cash price?

I don't think you will get retailers responding to you $2100 request through these forums. You will need to pound the pavement and talk turkey with various retailers to get a good price.

hi drsmith, that was a 3 min chat over the phone.... he said only a better price if 2 were bouhght....

besided drsmith I onlt have HN, Retravision and Betta elec in my area... next is Perth 2 hour dirve away, would prefer local as return for warranties may be an issue. I still think 2100 could be got??? does anyone agree?? or not, to quote a fantastic moovie "tell him he's dreamin"