37" PYROD LCD (1920x1080) @ KMART

Did I read some where that its DVI connection is not HDCP ?

This panel does not support HDCP. Personally, this does not concern me in the slightest (it might even be a positive). Since it is likely that ICT will not be used until 2010-2012 or later, I don't expect that a lack of HDCP will hinder my use of this panel over its effective lifetime.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kudos to those who are able to get 1080P via DVI with minimum fuss on PC. Unfortunately, the best I can manage is 1280x1024 @ 75Hz. Any attempt in advanced timings results in an "invalid device" so I'm at a loss to think if my display is not up to scratch.

I say this b/c my HTPC has a GF 7800GS so I know that is not the problem.

Kudos to those who are able to get 1080P via DVI with minimum fuss on PC. Unfortunately, the best I can manage is 1280x1024 @ 75Hz. Any attempt in advanced timings results in an "invalid device" so I'm at a loss to think if my display is not up to scratch.

I say this b/c my HTPC has a GF 7800GS so I know that is not the problem.

Try using powerstrip. Download it and mess around. I can't get 1080p without using it either. After installing...wolla...1080p at 60Mhz.

Ahh OK, good or bad STBs?

pretty decent, was very popular as the "STB of choise" for Fuji panels about August last year.

I personally have the Fuji/AUSID combo also.

Not sure if they are made/available any more? I would guess so. There are probably better options now though (Toppy 7000?).

cheers :blink:

I would just say that the brightness would be bothering me the most. Its a little too bright for prolonged pc use. Other than that I very happy man. KMart has got a 14 day refund policy so if u're not happy with it.

Try using powerstrip. Download it and mess around. I can't get 1080p without using it either. After installing...wolla...1080p at 60Mhz.

Having issues with DVI as in no display now. DVI cable is new (from DSE) and I will try the other one I have. With VGA I fared slightly better but maxes out @ 1600x1200 @ 60 but pic is crap.

I will try with a 9800Pro v/c and see how I fare before I decide to return it for another.

pretty decent, was very popular as the "STB of choise" for Fuji panels about August last year.

I personally have the Fuji/AUSID combo also.

Not sure if they are made/available any more? I would guess so. There are probably better options now though (Toppy 7000?).

cheers :D

This one is for Dougy boy.............Nup the Ausid is still the King :blink:

I bought one yesterday, and page 7 of the manual has a nice table showing the 37" model at 600:1. (Don't make me have to scan it in).

Oh the pain, the pain!

User manuals from Strathfields (I got a copy before they stopped selling the units) and from the distributor (Electronics Austraila) specify a contrast ratio of 600:1 and a lamp life of 60,000 hours.

The user manual from the display unit in Kmart specified a contrast ratio of 800:1 and a lamp life of 50,000 hours. There may be other differences, I did not check.

Strathfields did return some units they did not sell and several weeks have elapsed between when Strathfields stopped selling the units and when they become available in Kmart. Is it possible that some of the units in Kmart are a newer revision, but some of the older unsold Strathfield units may have also finished up on Kmart's shelves, hence the possibility of different specifications in the user manuals.

Is there any model/part/revision data on the unit and it's packaging box? If there are two versions of this unit it may be possible to identify the contrast ratio of individual units from information on the box.

K'marts return pollicy can be accessed at http://www.kmart.com.au/about_kmart/refund...icy/default.htm

I could not see any reference to 14 days on it, but it is well worth a read before purchasing.

Given the success that has been reported with the unit today, I may yet purchase one over the next few days. As such I am still interested in info on the quality of digital TV on the unit through DVI from a PC (in particular, fast motion sport such as footy) and the dimensions on the packaging box.

drsmith, the local Kmart I visited had boxed units on the floor, if I'm back that way this weekend I bung a tape measure over the packaging box for you (unless you are actually refering to the product dimensions or something on the box).

I am interested if anyone else has noticed any kind of weird display artifacts on the hd component input on the Pyrod. Is this perhaps a common problem with this set, as I have lots of component hook-ups I'd like to make (I know their not the best but I have all the leads etc).

Does anyone know if this set will accept a 1360x768 vga decently, I know the manual doesn't specify this as one of it's standard supported resolutions but that doesn't mean it won't do it (maybe???)

Strathfields did return some units they did not sell and several weeks have elapsed between when Strathfields stopped selling the units and when they become available in Kmart. Is it possible that some of the units in Kmart are a newer revision, but some of the older unsold Strathfield units may have also finished up on Kmart's shelves, hence the possibility of different specifications in the user manuals.

There is some ex Strathfield stock that went to Kmart, they also did a top up order as there was not enough stock so it's quite possible that there has been some revision between the two orders. (nice work sherlock :blink: )

Went to Kmart today and exchange my faulty unit. The new one I got has a different remote. Probably a newer version. This one's perfect. No dead pixels at all.

What is the contrast ratio as specified in the manual ?

Is there any info regarding a revision number?

I was at a different Kmart today studying the picture on another display unit and I have to say it is damn hard to justify purchasing one of these based on the picture I saw in comparison to the surrounding LCD units.

Is it possible that image quality issues on the Kmart display units could be a product of image processing through the multi-media box and not the panel itself ?

What is digital TV image quality like through DVI ?

Hi people first post

Is their any blur with this panel as it is running @ 12ms

im tossing up whether to buy this unit, the Magnavox MLCD32 or the Conia C4260W Plasma

I have about 2k to spend. main use will be for Movies and TV use

Hi people first post

Is their any blur with this panel as it is running @ 12ms

im tossing up whether to buy this unit, the Magnavox MLCD32 or the Conia C4260W Plasma

I have about 2k to spend. main use will be for Movies and TV use

Ive stood in a shop and watched a $4K 8ms sony lcd blur on sports. If your sensitive to this, then plasma maybe a more suitable avenue for you (or wait till LCD TVs reach the speed of their PC monitor cousins).

PS the IPS (in plane switching) type of lcds are faster than the MVA/PVA types even if rated at the same '8ms'.

Thus a Phillips, LG or AWA 8ms screen would give better sports results than say a Sony, samsung, Acer or pyrod type 8ms screen.

good luck in your quest. I have chosen to hold on any LCD till the next generation due later this year.

Hi there,

I've bought this HDTV from KMart at Thursday. I'm very happy with my investigation. The factory setting for brightness was to high. After tuned it for awhile, I have to say it's as good as what I want.

I've an Apple Powerbook with DVI output. I hooked it up and got 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz display (needs a software named SwitchResX similar with Powerstrip but it's for OS X). The color was a bit strange. But after calibrated with Apple tool, it's brilliant!

The display is stable, sharp and colorful. Even the normal size text on desktop can be easily read. I'll love to use my laptop with this 37" screen.

I went to JB Hi-Fi this afternoon for a STB. I saw they have TEAC 820 in stock as priced $298 which has DVI output. So I garbed one and connect it to Pryod. It works very well with feeding digital RGB signal via DVI to Pryod at 1080i. The color is reality and text has sharp edge compare to component.

The manual comes with a piece of paper which is the button map of an updated remote control. The remote's model I have is R-3200 and the manual lists as R4001/R2002.

I still have trouble with this TV's sound when using DVI. Hope anybody can help me? The DVI is not able to transfer audio so I connect audio cables (L and R) from STB to TV's Video 1 ports (the group has VIDEO, R, L and S-VIDEO). When I switch signal to DVI on this TV, it doesn't pick audio from Video 1 so there is no sound. Are there any way to force the TV working with DVI and bring the audio from Video ports?

I still have trouble with this TV's sound when using DVI. Hope anybody can help me? The DVI is not able to transfer audio so I connect audio cables (L and R) from STB to TV's Video 1 ports (the group has VIDEO, R, L and S-VIDEO). When I switch signal to DVI on this TV, it doesn't pick audio from Video 1 so there is no sound. Are there any way to force the TV working with DVI and bring the audio from Video ports?

Hi,

As far as I know, DVI carries only video signals. It is HDMI that carries both.

Does your stb have digital output. Maybe you can connect the digital output to digital input in a receiver if you have one. If the stb does not have digital output then you could connect the L&R to the receiver's L&R input ports. If you don't have a receiver then I don't know what the solution is.

Cheers.

Mario

Hi,

As far as I know, DVI carries only video signals. It is HDMI that carries both.

Does your stb have digital output. Maybe you can connect the digital output to digital input in a receiver if you have one. If the stb does not have digital output then you could connect the L&R to the receiver's L&R input ports. If you don't have a receiver then I don't know what the solution is.

Cheers.

Mario

Hi,

Sorry. I should have read your email a bit more carefully. You are aware that DVI does not carry video signals. Ignore my message. Its a bit too early in the morning.

Cheers.

Mario

Thanks for reply Mario.

I'm thinking maybe this TV is not supposed to play sound with adopt DVI signal (just like working as a mornitor)? My STB has a optical output for audio but the TV doesn't. A Hi-Fi with optical input should play the sound. A bit disappoint if I have to use Hi-Fi whenever I want to watch TV.

has anyone been able to run battlefield 2 on widescreen for this lcd? i cant get the game to load on any resolution settings through the shortcut. NView doesnt let me add custom resolutions either. its either 1024X768 or 1920X1080.