aspect button on my remote stopped working recently

button itself seems to be working as i have been able to change the aspect when feeding vga signals and when i have the light on the remote lights dim when i press it.

through component it seems to be non responsive and i have my STB and DVD player hooked up the receiver this way :ph34r:

anyone come across this

I assume you are complaining about your Panasonic projector; if so then it seems to be a common "feature" of Panasonic display devices to limit the Aspect/Zoom function to only work when in 576p/i mode. (It's in the manual)

At least, that is the problem with my LCD; thanks Panasonic!

It's probably not just Panasonic as I have seen it on Sony too.

Basicaly 576i is 4:3 native, 16:9 anamorphic, so you need all the zoom, wide, stretch functions to make a 16:9 program display properly.

1080i on the other hand is 16:9 native. Therefore no zoom or stretch is required.

Best of luck,

Dik

It's probably not just Panasonic as I have seen it on Sony too.

Basicaly 576i is 4:3 native, 16:9 anamorphic, so you need all the zoom, wide, stretch functions to make a 16:9 program display properly.

1080i on the other hand is 16:9 native. Therefore no zoom or stretch is required.

Best of luck,

Dik

Yes; I assume that was the logic of the designers. However, it doesn't account for users with upscaling devices, for example a Denon DVD player whos deinterlacer/scaler I prefer over Panasonic's.

It's good to know the Sony has the problem too, another brand off the future purchase list...