Sign in to follow this  
Grim

LG 71" SA1D - 180CM LCoS

Hello all,

I am considering the LG 71" SA1D. It can be had for under 7.5k and it has an inbuilt DTV tuner which is a huge plus.

Now, apparently its 1080p which is great but is it supported on any other input other than the VGA?

Whats the bulb life like? Will be dead after 2-3 years?

Does anyone know anywhere in Sydney where I can see one in action?

Thanks alot!

I have been looking at this TV too.

There are no 1080p inputs on this display. There is another LG LCOS thread HERE. There is also a thread HERE regarding 1080p displays with only 1080i inputs.

Anthony.

HEY GUYS HOW ARE YOU, ABOUT THE 71SA1D, I JUST GOT ONE TWO DAYS AGO, AFTER A 10WEEK!! WAIT FROM LG DUE TO A VERY SMALL SHIPPING ORDER, AND LET ME JUST PUT THIS ON RECORD. THIS I STHE BEST TELEVISION I HAVE EVER SEEN I WAS TOLD GET SONY SXRD, GET PIONEER PLASMA GEN6 BLA BLA BLA SO I CHECKED THEM ALL OUT THEY WERE OK FOR A 50 INCH SCREEN BUT I WANTED BIGGER. AND HOLY CRAP THIS IS BIG BUT EVEN BETTER THE PICTURE QUALITY IS THE BEST I HAVE SEEN WHETHER DISPLAYING LOW QUALITY STUFF LIKE SD TV TO XBOX 360 720P AND 1080i looks amazing the best ive seen on a screen at 40 inch letalone 71, the lamp life is 10000 hours not as much as plasma but that is still 3-4years of 8 hours a day veiwing so pretty good it does have 1080p inputs 2 HDMI inputs 1 DVI 2 COMPONENTS 2 s-video 3 composit 2 DIGITAL outs a SUB out what else it has memory card slot for that sort of stuff.

i got it from HARVEY NORMAN castle hill in sydney got delivered on thursday it is ridiculous if u want pictures or any info i would be glad to help because i waited soooooo long for this tv and the wait was worth it and more.

XBOX 360 looks so freakin awesome on this thing i mean quality ive seen alot of tvs and this, not being bias, smashes them all cost me $7000 but 600more for 5 year warranty

Hey jasonromeo

So what your trying to tell us (take your caps off when typing) you love your new tv Congrats ! :blink:

yeah congrats as well.

Some pictures would go astray with it in HDTV...:blink:

Welcome to the forums, just remember the caps thing AND add some for these , , , , , to make it easier to read.

look fwd to hearing more about it..

Did you go to the US to see an SXRD? :blink:

There are none in Oz, and they are not expected here before November.

The LG may be good, but better then an SXRD, well I’ll believe that when I see it.

I saw the 70 ' JVC HD-ILA today which also uses LcOS technology.

My jaw just dropped. the pic was so smooth and lifelike, even though its only a 720p display. Cant wait till i see the LG, although i the 'LG' quality of there other hi-fi stuff turns me off a bit

You won't dissapointed by the LG. I have been a Home theatre Nerd for a long time; both the LG and the Toshiba are a serious step forward. I thing I might buy one!

so is it a dog like LG's MW60SZ with engine failure at 4000 hours?

Why isn't it for sale in Europe and USA?

Maybe they've learnt - the Engine may be a user-replaceable module like the lamp !

Its a year later now folks. What are your current thoughts on this unit?

mate ive had it for bout 10months and it has gone down 2 6grand snap that **** up if you can find it. i hooked up a BLU-RAY player to it yesterday and i can tell you it is still the best picture i have seen anywhere even the sony X Series didn't look as good as my baby.

i had been watching DVD's on it for 10months and have to tell you they looked pretty good at only 576p blu-ray just made me **** myself when i put it on it is seriously the best tv i have seen, it could be my bias but i do look at a alot of sets and just believe me.

if u got any questions bout it just email me i wopuld be happy to share the love

jasonromeo@optusnet.com.au

Sorry, but unless they where giving them away, you would be much better off with a Sony SXRD.

Simply no comparison in quality, you get what you pay for.

Owen, the Sony isn't an option as its a replacement offered by LG.

Jason, you still all in love with it a year later and its that good on BlueRay?!

Anybody tried this with 1080i files from Mediagate or Sarotech?

Its a wonder what a difference source can make like the Pioneer 686 on component into MW60SZ12 is pitiful but great on the LG 50" plasma. The Momitsu 990N fine on both on DVI.

Hi all,

For those that are interested I have just purchased a LG 71SA1D and got it for a fantastic price $3400 (Bing Lee - Penrith ask for Peter) I was deciding between this and the SXRD 70" but price was the deciding factor. I cant wait for it to be delivered.

Cheers Paul

Edited by ruffy01

Hi all,

For those that are interested I have just purchased a LG 71SA1D and got it for a fantastic price $3400 (Bing Lee - Penrith ask for Peter) I was deciding between this and the SXRD 70" but price was the deciding factor. I cant wait for it to be delivered.

Cheers Paul

Got it yet?

tell us about it!

Great to have found the forum as I'm also looking at getting the LG 71" - the mention of the good price at Bing Lee (Penriith) has also given me some 'bargaining power' (I hope). Does anyone have something negative to say about the LG 71"?

Great to have found the forum as I'm also looking at getting the LG 71" - the mention of the good price at Bing Lee (Penriith) has also given me some 'bargaining power' (I hope). Does anyone have something negative to say about the LG 71"?

theres plenty negative said about the next model down. mw60z12 - the forerunner to the model you want. Do a search on this forum. Four years later and people are still waiting for replacements and refunds!!

We are even putting up a web site to tell the world of LGs disgraceful support, lies and all. Keep an eye on the forums, newsgroups and what have you to hear about The LG Experience!!

theres plenty negative said about the next model down. mw60z12 - the forerunner to the model you want. Do a search on this forum. Four years later and people are still waiting for replacements and refunds!!

We are even putting up a web site to tell the world of LGs disgraceful support, lies and all. Keep an eye on the forums, newsgroups and what have you to hear about The LG Experience!!

Yes, I did see the negative feedback on the 60" LG and was understandably worried. I'd like to hear more from LG 71" SA1D owners. I got a quote of $3,550 from Bing Lee in the ACT, not as good as the Penrith price orf $3,400, but maybe OK. I'm told that the 71" has been superceded and that the new LG model may not be here until late 2007 or even early 2008 - and no idea about the specifications. It looks like it's only a few "old stock" of 71"s that are around - which makes me think it could be a good time to buy - IF they are good. I wish I could see one "in the flesh" as the 60" is, I believe, non-LCOS and lower definition - which makes it unsuitable for comparison.

The biggest problem with the LG71 is black level, which is surprisingly poor.

Other then that it not bad.

I purchased the LG71" in Feb 06. Sent it back to LG in Nov 06. It is 1080i and not 1080p as advertised. Also, the response rate is 10ms. Very slow. I purchased a Sony 70"rp. R/r is 5ms. No comparison between the two. The best 70" R/p on the market.

I did get the 71sa1d. Its a great replacement for the mw60sz12. About all I can fault with it is the varied quality of the digital tuner relative to the mw and 50" plasma. Impressive with composite out from Topfield 4000 sat receiver and dvi out of 1080i from Sarotech 570HD media player.

This is the movies!

what are your experiences with watermark burn in or the likes of running (lower quality) video in a zoomed down mode? Any undue screen probs?

I did get the 71sa1d. Its a great replacement for the mw60sz12. About all I can fault with it is the varied quality of the digital tuner relative to the mw and 50" plasma. Impressive with composite out from Topfield 4000 sat receiver and dvi out of 1080i from Sarotech 570HD media player.

This is the movies!

Thats good news that you received your unit from LG. Hope you're happy with it.