LG 71" SA1D - 180CM LCoS

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackman,

I see that you helped addy with some settings on the LG71SA1D, I too have a yellow tinge/tint across the screen if i was to send you the pix of the settings you asked before could you see if there is any help to offer?

Thanks

Blackman,

I see that you helped addy with some settings on the LG71SA1D, I too have a yellow tinge/tint across the screen if i was to send you the pix of the settings you asked before could you see if there is any help to offer?

Thanks

Is the yellow across the total size of the screen?, or is the yellow just in the corners at top left and bottom right or top right bottom left.

The one thing I have noticed with these TV's is DO NOT HAVE THE BUTT CLOSER THAN 10 inches to a wall over wise they overheat, In case if you don't know I have four digital temperature probes taking temperatures on my No1 LG. If the TV is closer than say 8-10 inch from a flat wall the OB will overheat and you will stuff it.

I have a probe inside the engine assembly measuring the temp inside that plastic air duct and it nearly doubles if you bring it close to the wall, It increases heaps also if the filter starts to block.

I have spotted one that was totally against the wall and I told the mate to tell the guy to get it off the wall but like usual nobody listens

Is the yellow across the total size of the screen?, or is the yellow just in the corners at top left and bottom right or top right bottom left.

The one thing I have noticed with these TV's is DO NOT HAVE THE BUTT CLOSER THAN 10 inches to a wall over wise they overheat, In case if you don't know I have four digital temperature probes taking temperatures on my No1 LG. If the TV is closer than say 8-10 inch from a flat wall the OB will overheat and you will stuff it.

I have a probe inside the engine assembly measuring the temp inside that plastic air duct and it nearly doubles if you bring it close to the wall, It increases heaps also if the filter starts to block.

I have spotted one that was totally against the wall and I told the mate to tell the guy to get it off the wall but like usual nobody listens

It seems to have a yellow tinge across the whole screen, also noticed tonight that in some black backgrounds there seems to be a haze on the edge of it.

It seems to have a yellow tinge across the whole screen, also noticed tonight that in some black backgrounds there seems to be a haze on the edge of it. the tv sits about 7-8" off the wall, the fans that you talked about, I found three of them one large for the bulb, a small one on the rear of where the digital cable connects and another large internal one but none of these had a filter near them, I cleaned what dust I could from them. do the bulbs deteriorate or just blow when their life is over?

It seems to have a yellow tinge across the whole screen, also noticed tonight that in some black backgrounds there seems to be a haze on the edge of it. the tv sits about 7-8" off the wall, the fans that you talked about, I found three of them one large for the bulb, a small one on the rear of where the digital cable connects and another large internal one but none of these had a filter near them, I cleaned what dust I could from them. do the bulbs deteriorate or just blow when their life is over?

There is a massive filter a third the size of a house brick on the right hand side held in by 2 small screws, you cannot miss it as it also has a sponge seal that connects to the large tv housing up the top. you remove the 2 small screws and pull the filter towards the rear and it unclips from the steel chassis.

Personally I think your OB is had it. Like i said if I bring mine to close to the wall and switch my external fan off it overheats its head off and I know this as like I said I have 4 LCD temperature displays displaying the temp from all parts of my tv.

Are you still covered by any warranty? Ring around to see how much it would cost to get the tv fixed if the ob needs to be replaced. A new OB is around $1300 ekkk!. a very high price to pay if it died from heat stress or storms.

my mate that was a QA man for LG years ago found out these TV's don't like to be overheated, overheated once and the OB is stuffed. Nobody knows that there is a very fine filter and around 2.500 hours it starts to get blocked and reduces air flow. we have a very clean house and after 500 hours it shows signs of blocking. trust me i'm paranoid I clean mine ever 6 months and always before summer.

Have you ever cleaned a lint filter in a clothes dryer? well its similar to that as that's how it looks if it gets to 5000 hours.

My LG's sit close (7 inches) to the wall but have a variable 200 mm fan in the wall behind them sucking air from the garage and blowing it in the rear of the tv but away from the lamp fan and even at a room temperature of 30 deg C ( hot day) inside the TV never goes about 34 deg. ( PS Air sucked from the garage also has a large flat filter (450x 600MM between studs) around this size.

There is a massive filter a third the size of a house brick on the right hand side held in by 2 small screws, you cannot miss it as it also has a sponge seal that connects to the large tv housing up the top. you remove the 2 small screws and pull the filter towards the rear and it unclips from the steel chassis.

Personally I think your OB is had it. Like i said if I bring mine to close to the wall and switch my external fan off it overheats its head off and I know this as like I said I have 4 LCD temperature displays displaying the temp from all parts of my tv.

Are you still covered by any warranty? Ring around to see how much it would cost to get the tv fixed if the ob needs to be replaced. A new OB is around $1300 ekkk!. a very high price to pay if it died from heat stress or storms.

my mate that was a QA man for LG years ago found out these TV's don't like to be overheated, overheated once and the OB is stuffed. Nobody knows that there is a very fine filter and around 2.500 hours it starts to get blocked and reduces air flow. we have a very clean house and after 500 hours it shows signs of blocking. trust me i'm paranoid I clean mine ever 6 months and always before summer.

Have you ever cleaned a lint filter in a clothes dryer? well its similar to that as that's how it looks if it gets to 5000 hours.

My LG's sit close (7 inches) to the wall but have a variable 200 mm fan in the wall behind them sucking air from the garage and blowing it in the rear of the tv but away from the lamp fan and even at a room temperature of 30 deg C ( hot day) inside the TV never goes about 34 deg. ( PS Air sucked from the garage also has a large flat filter (450x 600MM between studs) around this size.

took me 30 minutes to post this! forum problems

took me 30 minutes to post this! forum problems

Thanks for that, managed to remove the shadowing around the blacks (yeah)! by the way is the service manual worth getting? will find that filter, just to clarify when the chassis is slid out and you are looking from the top, I see a fan (large) that is located towards the front and to the left of the projector bulb (which has the foam seal around it)

Thanks for that, managed to remove the shadowing around the blacks (yeah)! by the way is the service manual worth getting? will find that filter, just to clarify when the chassis is slid out and you are looking from the top, I see a fan (large) that is located towards the front and to the left of the projector bulb (which has the foam seal around it)

the service manual is just about useless except for the parts list as it has plenty of mistakes in it.

The filter is located on the right hand side of the LCoS driver fan (the little fan 48 mm), its blacks and that's the trouble as it blends in and its just on the left hand side of the BOX that contains all the PC Boards, just look for two tiny screws facing the rear low down the chassis screws around 3 mm, remove them but don't lose them under the chassis. After the screws have been removed grab the filter and pull it backwards and it unclips off the steel chassis.

How many hrs has your set done?

the service manual is just about useless except for the parts list as it has plenty of mistakes in it.

The filter is located on the right hand side of the LCoS driver fan (the little fan 48 mm), its blacks and that's the trouble as it blends in and its just on the left hand side of the BOX that contains all the PC Boards, just look for two tiny screws facing the rear low down the chassis screws around 3 mm, remove them but don't lose them under the chassis. After the screws have been removed grab the filter and pull it backwards and it unclips off the steel chassis.

How many hrs has your set done?

3551hrs __________________ 1 indicates the cooling fan for the lamp, 2 is the little 48mm? on the back of the unit is the filter left of 2?

l l

l l

l 1 l

l 2 l

l__________________l

Back veiw of chassis

3551hrs __________________ 1 indicates the cooling fan for the lamp, 2 is the little 48mm? on the back of the unit is the filter left of 2?

l l

l l

l 1 l

l 2 l

l__________________l

Back veiw of chassis

Right of number two, The filter is BIG!, its that big that your palm of your hand wont go around it. It looks like a part of the engine and you will notice a DUCT going to the top of the housing with a sponge material between the filter and the main body of the TV where the mirror lives.

Right of number two, The filter is BIG!, its that big that your palm of your hand wont go around it. It looks like a part of the engine and you will notice a DUCT going to the top of the housing with a sponge material between the filter and the main body of the TV where the mirror lives.

Again its black like the rest of the engine housing so it blends in, It takes no more than 60 seconds to remove it including removing those two small 3 to 4 mm screws on the bottom screwing into the steel chassis.

remove it scrape the dirt of the surface, wash it lightly, dry it, put it back in.

Edited by Blackman

Again its black like the rest of the engine housing so it blends in, It takes no more than 60 seconds to remove it including removing those two small 3 to 4 mm screws on the bottom screwing into the steel chassis.

remove it scrape the dirt of the surface, wash it lightly, dry it, put it back in.

What state do you live in?

Watching TV tonight and was paying special attention to the colours, I noticed that skin tones on the people were a little more warmer/deeper than compared to the crt TV, more of a orange than natural tone.

NSW

See the yellow is your problem and that not good as there has been a few complaint about this and unfortunately in most cases its a engine problem that craws in around 4000 hrs.

As for a little to much red or green or blue that is easy to adjust out as all you do is go to the W_Balance and adjust your RGB offsets there