LG 71" SA1D - 180CM LCoS

Thats good news that you received your unit from LG. Hope you're happy with it.

well, as you know it didn't come that easy. But I'll shoot for the refund if this plays up and get the Bravia or better.

All the best with your refund Avnoobie. (what I heard from the delivery agents the refunds stopped last year)

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, as you know it didn't come that easy. But I'll shoot for the refund if this plays up and get the Bravia or better.

All the best with your refund Avnoobie. (what I heard from the delivery agents the refunds stopped last year)

Cheers.

Didnt have any luck today again unfortunately.

I would have taken the 60"plasma if they gave it to me in the first place. But they offered the pro rata refund. Its in writing now. Offer and acceptance I am pretty sure its a contract. I hope we get to prove the delivery guys wrong. Fokker got a pro rata refund this year I think. So it should come eventually. :blink:

Cheers.

Didnt have any luck today again unfortunately.

I would have taken the 60"plasma if they gave it to me in the first place. But they offered the pro rata refund. Its in writing now. Offer and acceptance I am pretty sure its a contract. I hope we get to prove the delivery guys wrong. Fokker got a pro rata refund this year I think. So it should come eventually. :blink:

"Partial" pro rata refund.

Yet to see the promised amount or the promised full refund as explained in the other LG thread. I have a long journey ahead I'm sure but I'm all for travel.

saw this LG 71" last night at HN chadstone. have to stay with a price tag of $4300 or so not bad at all. with a little bit of bargining power you should be aboled to pick up that set for a very good price (high 3k mark)

Good luck with it Ted! Must be good to get the screen size back?

thanx Fokker70,

certainly is and bigger and better than original deal and the 50" Plasma. Have played some 1080i files and watched some of Terminator 3 last nite on chan 9 - impressed!

Big drawback is the bigger it is the worse it looks :-) So need to concentrate on HD source more and no time soon do I intend to buy a HD/BR player. Anyway, generally the divx files are better quality than the the current HD/BR disc offerings I'm hearing - suits me!

Hi all its my first post so go easy!

Just picked up last month a new LG 71SA1D and I only have one complaint about it and its the audio on the Movie setting whilst watching 7,9 10 or the rest on HD. What I have notices is that when SRS TruSurround is selected which it is on the Movie mode with some shows like Ugly Betty or Greys Anatomy you lose the dialoge from the actor doing the talking, all backgroung sounds are ok. Has anyone else experienced this?.

Picture wise I have no complaints and it is perfect on the Blu-ray player via HDMI, For the price and size I cannot complain.

How does the PQ of this LG unit compare to say the latest LCD displays ?

Own, if reading, how does the SXRD's PQ compare to the best of the LCD displays ?

I was in HN the other day for 10 minutes and thought I would have a quick look and saw the Sony 50" x series LCD and the newer LG 47" LCD which looked better than the Sony (CR of 10,000). Of course this was a very quick look without seeing what the settings were etc. tHere was no SXRD to compare.

What I have notices is that when SRS TruSurround is selected which it is on the Movie mode with some shows like Ugly Betty or Greys Anatomy you lose the dialoge from the actor doing the talking, all backgroung sounds are ok. Has anyone else experienced this?.

can't help you there as I'm only just started watching fta due to its high quality unlike pay tv and some files I play. But I cannot see any dolby audio selection on the device?

And, is it ok to watch stuff reduced size like in pINp or will it damage the screen like watermarks do on a plasma?

Own, if reading, how does the SXRD's PQ compare to the best of the LCD displays ?

I was in HN the other day for 10 minutes and thought I would have a quick look and saw the Sony 50" x series LCD and the newer LG 47" LCD which looked better than the Sony (CR of 10,000). Of course this was a very quick look without seeing what the settings were etc. tHere was no SXRD to compare.

Black level on the LG is poor, worse then the LCD’s.

The SXRD is in another league completely, you get what you pay for.

LCD’s are really too small to be compared. They don’t handle SD source well and look artificial and “digital” IMHO.

The only big LCD is the 65" Sharp and it's crap.

For the price how can you complain, yes I have seen better but for double the price, all this set has to do is last 4 to 5 years and it will be old hat and tiime for a new one with better technology. Big difference between spending $3500 to say $10,000 on a better quality set.

Hi all its my first post so go easy!

Just picked up last month a new LG 71SA1D and I only have one complaint about it and its the audio on the Movie setting whilst watching 7,9 10 or the rest on HD. What I have notices is that when SRS TruSurround is selected which it is on the Movie mode with some shows like Ugly Betty or Greys Anatomy you lose the dialoge from the actor doing the talking, all backgroung sounds are ok. Has anyone else experienced this?.

Picture wise I have no complaints and it is perfect on the Blu-ray player via HDMI, For the price and size I cannot complain.

I have experienced this problem as well. Only happened when watching Lost on Ch 7 HD. It has happened twice in the two months Ive had the set. Does anyone think it may be a set related problem or broadcasting problem ?

Other than that the TV is great (apart from poor blacks - but ill live with that!).

I have experienced this problem as well. Only happened when watching Lost on Ch 7 HD. It has happened twice in the two months Ive had the set. Does anyone think it may be a set related problem or broadcasting problem ?

Other than that the TV is great (apart from poor blacks - but ill live with that!).

Its funny it allways happens on the two shows I watch, It must be something with the transmission of the audio for those two shows. You must remember SRS Surround is a simulated surround.

• 2 weeks later...
Its funny it allways happens on the two shows I watch, It must be something with the transmission of the audio for those two shows. You must remember SRS Surround is a simulated surround.

It did it again on the same show exactly the same time as last week.

hummm one my reply and I can post

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if these are still available in Perth anywhere? I'm getting an sxrd but a mate of mine doesn't want to lash out the extra on the sony and has heard the prices of the LG are in mid 3K range now.

Yes I paid around mid 3k and for the price I cant complain. It will do me for a while

• 6 months later...

Inputs are only 1080i

If you look at the TV's pics they're showing two different series both with the same Model number. Notice the base is different, the latest series was the one with the small legs Left and right and the silver side Humm Which one is it!!. (PS the one with the fish is the older series)