Details on new panasonic 600A plasma

Those prices are for the 42 inch right?

You can buy a pedistal stand for the 60 instead of the standard 'two feet' version. Personally, I would be putting a centre speaker in front of the stand and silver speakers any way so I don't mine it.

I agree about the black...It looks heaps better than silver or two tone. At least it isn't grey like the Fujitsu.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can buy a pedistal stand for the 60 instead of the standard 'two feet' version. Personally, I would be putting a centre speaker in front of the stand and silver speakers any way so I don't mine it.

I agree about the black...It looks heaps better than silver or two tone. At least it isn't grey like the Fujitsu.

The new Pionner looks alot nicer and with a built in tuner, I think ill hold off. Hopefully by then the 600 get released for a head to head battle (looks wise :blink:)... To me when a television is costing 4k plus i expect it to look the part like out old Loewe ERGO 72cm :P ....

At that price i'm definately buying! i'll push for $4500 which includes delivery.

If I make a comment here:

- Everyone will get the best price they can find at the budget they have at the time;

- If you think you have a bargain, wait a month and you won't!;

- You will never forget the time you first see that digital image in your own home; and

- Never look back

I purchased a 50" 500A for $4900 with 5yrs warranty and free delivery a month ago. It's competitive now, but not in another month.

I got a DVI-HDMI cable this week to attach to my TEAC 800 and the panel, and ramped up the settings to PersianImmortal's settings, and I can't help but stare at what I think can never be beaten - but it can, and will.

Grab your wallet, get what price you can within your budget and never look back. PQ on these high quality units are amazing, whether it's a 50/500 or a 60/600.

Thank God for technology!

Yes, Skin, those prices I was quoted was for the 42 inch.

Does buying the pedestal stand cost extra? Thanks!

I went driving around yesterday checking out all the shops stock of LCD and Plasma on the northside of Brisbane.

Betta Superstore Aspley

Harvey Norman Aspley

Wow Sight n Sound Kedron

Myer Chermside

Wow had the new Pana up on the wall near the ceiling, and were the only ones with it in stock from my travels. Couldn't tell which model (42"), they also didn't have the price ticket, or any label on it for that matter! But picture quality wise, my eyes were telling me it had the best picture of the lot (must've been the HD model). They had the current model Pioneers closer to the floor, Samsungs, LG's etc, but the new Pana looked the goods.

H/N still had stock of the 500 series and had the biggest range of LCD and Plasma, good for checking what you want, but their non "special" ticket prices are laughable, I feel sorry for anyone buying there without haggling. Myer and Betta have good setups, so looking forward for when they will have the new Pana range on the floor.

Didn't get a chance to go to JB's at Kedron

Brazzwald

Hi Guys,

I saw a 60A on display at Bondi Junction JB-HIFI, it said it had the HD processor. When I talked teh salesmen he said teh panel was a 720x1024 and and its not a true HD but better than an SD the price was under 3K.

Anyway they had the 500A there for $3118 including the stand so I took it. I tried hggling they would have none of it. They are selling pretty fast they are getting my stock transferred from Canberra, I should get it Wednesday!

Hi Guys,

I saw a 60A on display at Bondi Junction JB-HIFI, it said it had the HD processor. When I talked teh salesmen he said teh panel was a 720x1024 and and its not a true HD but better than an SD the price was under 3K.

Anyway they had the 500A there for $3118 including the stand so I took it. I tried hggling they would have none of it. They are selling pretty fast they are getting my stock transferred from Canberra, I should get it Wednesday!

You should've got the 60A...you stuffed up big time!

The 60A craps all over the 500A in appearance and performance...not to mention the extra inputs as well :blink:

Just purchased 2 Plasmas (My first - I have only ever owned Rear Projection displays and CRT's).

Panasonic TH42PV60A (42 Inch HD Model)

Pioneer PDP506 (50 Inch HD)

The Panasonic was delivered Saturday 29/04 and after setting up with the LG LST5403P HD recorder and Foxtel Digital I can report this is a stunning display. Settings were made using the Video Essentials DVD. I am highly critical of both Plasma and LCD panels and have waited a long time before I considered they were worthy of my hard-earned. The Pioneer arrives today so I'll make a direct comparison for you when I set it up (Pioneer supposedly do it but it's something I and I suppose everyone likes to do themselves).

So far for the Panasonic:

+ Ultra bright display

+ Upscaling is superb

+ XBOX360 will blow you away on this panel (That's what I bought it for).

+ Colour, Contrast are stunning.

+ Foxtel looks superb as does FTA HD.

+ Excellent intuitive remote

+ Best blacks I have seen yet on a Plasma

+ No obvious negatives as yet.

Got it for $3250:00 at JB Hi-Fi in Camberwell as I have a mate there and I bought the Pioneer at the same time. Apart from the Pioneer next to it it basically destroyed the picture quality on the Hitachi, LG, Soniq panels surrounding it.

Highly recommended display.

Cheers

Just purchased 2 Plasmas (My first - I have only ever owned Rear Projection displays and CRT's).

Panasonic TH42PV60A (42 Inch HD Model)

Pioneer PDP506 (50 Inch HD)

The Panasonic was delivered Saturday 29/04 and after setting up with the LG LST5403P HD recorder and Foxtel Digital I can report this is a stunning display. Settings were made using the Video Essentials DVD. I am highly critical of both Plasma and LCD panels and have waited a long time before I considered they were worthy of my hard-earned. The Pioneer arrives today so I'll make a direct comparison for you when I set it up (Pioneer supposedly do it but it's something I and I suppose everyone likes to do themselves).

So far for the Panasonic:

+ Ultra bright display

+ Upscaling is superb

+ XBOX360 will blow you away on this panel (That's what I bought it for).

+ Colour, Contrast are stunning.

+ Foxtel looks superb as does FTA HD.

+ Excellent intuitive remote

+ Best blacks I have seen yet on a Plasma

+ No obvious negatives as yet.

Got it for $3250:00 at JB Hi-Fi in Camberwell as I have a mate there and I bought the Pioneer at the same time. Apart from the Pioneer next to it it basically destroyed the picture quality on the Hitachi, LG, Soniq panels surrounding it.

Highly recommended display.

Cheers

Are you saying that a Pioneer which has been out a while looked as good as the panasonic which is new technology? thats a bit of a worry...

So with all the added new features, this Panasonic should be better than the current pioneers?

Definately.....1080p

The panel is not displaying 1080p - it simply cannot, because of the smaller native resolution used by the panel (1366*768 pixels).

It is 1080p processing (ie doesn't convert to a lesser number of lines before re-upscaling to the native resolution). Whether this looks better than either the older models or other plasmas will depend on the source (cant improve a poor quality feed), the connectors and the resolution of the incoming signal. I am sure that in optimal circumstances this can deliver a better picture - but I am equally sure that in the real world there will be little difference for the average sort of stuff viewed by most usual viewers (FTA + SD tv, SD DVD's).

It would be interesting to see a side by side optimal setup comparison between the older and newer panasonics to find out how much difference there actually is!

Are you saying that a Pioneer which has been out a while looked as good as the panasonic which is new technology? thats a bit of a worry...

Given that most displays are set up in a quite arbitrary fashion in a shop, I wouldn't be surprised what looked good and what looked poor. It is very easy to make a crap display (say via Component) look better than a good display (say via composite). There really isn't a huge difference between the top of the line screens in any case - It takes a very good setup with excellent sources to pick such a difference

J.

The panel is not displaying 1080p - it simply cannot, because of the smaller native resolution used by the panel (1366*768 pixels).

It is 1080p processing (ie doesn't convert to a lesser number of lines before re-upscaling to the native resolution). Whether this looks better than either the older models or other plasmas will depend on the source (cant improve a poor quality feed), the connectors and the resolution of the incoming signal. I am sure that in optimal circumstances this can deliver a better picture - but I am equally sure that in the real world there will be little difference for the average sort of stuff viewed by most usual viewers (FTA + SD tv, SD DVD's).

I never said it displayed 1080p.....its impossible as you would need 1980x1080 pixels.

The 60A is absolutely stunning and craps over the 500A, those of you that opted for the 500A in the last month have stuffed up big time...and you know it :blink:

I never said it displayed 1080p.....its impossible as you would need 1980x1080 pixels.

The 60A is absolutely stunning and craps over the 500A, those of you that opted for the 500A in the last month have stuffed up big time...and you know it :blink:

Have you compared the two sets calibrated and set side by side? If not, what is the basis for this claim? Specs alone are useless.

Have you compared the two sets calibrated and set side by side? If not, what is the basis for this claim? Specs alone are useless.

Alot Better Processing!!!!

1080p Digital Processing Chip-Set

1080p Digital Remastering Processor

10,000:1 Contrast

New Deep Black Filter

Twin HDMI :blink:

Does the 500A have the above???????????

I dont think so :P

Guys,

I intend to get the Pana 60A. Because I 'm new to Plasma thingy,

I 'm a bit worry about the burn-in problem. How well does the Pana

cope with this kind of burn-in problem, especially with TV channels that

display their logo, eg ABC, etc... For example, how long does it take

for the burn-in to occur by watching ABC channel ( with its stupid logo) ?

Does Pana implement the same technique to minimise burn-in problem like

LG & Samsung do ?

Thank very much in advance.

I am in the market to buy my first plasma. Went to Retravision and asked the question 'Is there anything new coming out in the near future that will cause me to kick myself if I buy the 500a now?'. The guarded reply was 'Panasonic are moving their production from Japan to China (still using Japanese parts) and hence the new models will not have the same quality as existing models.

I have since done some more research (hence this forum) and have found out about the forthcoming 60a release. I am mostly sold on this model but am quite concerned that it is made in China. Does anyone know any truth to this issue?

I am in the market to buy my first plasma. Went to Retravision and asked the question 'Is there anything new coming out in the near future that will cause me to kick myself if I buy the 500a now?'. The guarded reply was 'Panasonic are moving their production from Japan to China (still using Japanese parts) and hence the new models will not have the same quality as existing models.

I have since done some more research (hence this forum) and have found out about the forthcoming 60a release. I am mostly sold on this model but am quite concerned that it is made in China. Does anyone know any truth to this issue?

See post #96 from JohnZA in this thread on page 5. Yes it is made in Japan.

Ron

I can get the VIERA TH-50PV60A 50inch Plasma TV - (HD) [Model No: TH-50PV60A]

for $5400, is that any good? Will buy it tomorrow if that is considered a good price, I see recommended retail price is $5999

Also, why is the new model 50" worth less at retail than the older model 50" TH-50PV500A? The older model is $6599.... I don't get it.

I can get the VIERA TH-50PV60A 50inch Plasma TV - (HD) [Model No: TH-50PV60A]

for $5400, is that any good? Will buy it tomorrow if that is considered a good price, I see recommended retail price is $5999

See my earlier post - It will be in Betta catalogue next week for $5399. You should be able to get some extras thrown in at least for that price if you haggle.

Ron

See my earlier post - It will be in Betta catalogue next week for $5399. You should be able to get some extras thrown in at least for that price if you haggle.

Ron

Any idea why the new 50" is cheaper than the older model 50"