Pana Vs NEC

Im more interested in the picture than slight indentations.

I guess its a bit like Channel Logos. If you focus on the picture the logos seem insignificant.

Incidently the strip is the speakers.

Are you sure the strip is the speaker? It's like 1" wide???? Hopefully Panasonic will fix up this minor blemish on an otherwise great looking unit. It shouldn't be hard to do.

cheers,

John

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you sure the strip is the speaker? It's like 1" wide???? Hopefully Panasonic will fix up this minor blemish on an otherwise great looking unit. It shouldn't be hard to do.

cheers,

John

Quote from Pana website.

"This superb system brings together technologies created specifically for televisions and hi-fi sound technologies, The compact, ultra-slim speakers - just 16mm wide - deliver the transparent high-frequency sound that define truly superior audio. Bringing the speaker units closer to the front than in previous modles also enhances their acoustic clarity. The rounded left and right woofer units are separately driven to produce a rich, robust bass. Despite their small size, these units fill the room with deep, well-balanced bass sounds."

I dont know if they will with this model as its just the way it seems to be inserted

Perhaps they will with the next.panasonic are aware of it.

Does that mean that the commercial Panasonic plasmas, that don't come with speakers, don't have this strip, and thus don't have the blemish?

Obitus is actually correct.

If you bought from the advice in this Forum you would have an over-priced Fujitsu with an equally overpriced AUSID HD STB.

This is certainly not even close to the "best value" choice for most people.

A Pana or Pioneer with either a Teac or Hotchip STB will give you around 99% of the PQ for about 30% less in price.

All imho.

:P:P

If you think that a Teac or a Hotchip STB or a Pioneer, Panasonic panel will give you 99% of the PQ for 30% less you must have your eyes closed or need them checked :blink:

The Fujitsu and the Ausid STB are not over priced either, quality costs money and they are both in a different league than the Pioneer, Panasonic and certainly far superior to the Teac brand.

You will find that the majority of people that purchase these types of products will be more than happy with the value these products give them, but thats really the issue here isn't it.

The people that buy Fujitsu want quality and are never concerned with price, "most people" that are always going on about value are mainly concerned with price and never the two shall meet.

Either way though the Fujitsu is still considered the best avaliable panel out there in the marketplace by the majority of dealers and the customers that want the best (Some of which do not even stock the Fujitsu I might add)

Value is a matter of opinion and choice is it not ?

...But quality speaks for itself regardless of price

If you think that a Teac or a Hotchip STB or a Pioneer, Panasonic panel will give you 99% of the PQ for 30% less you must have your eyes closed or need them checked :blink:

The Fujitsu and the Ausid STB are not over priced either, quality costs money and they are both in a different league than the Pioneer, Panasonic and certainly far superior to the Teac brand.

You will find that the majority of people that purchase these types of products will be more than happy with the value these products give them, but thats really the issue here isn't it.

The people that buy Fujitsu want quality and are never concerned with price, "most people" that are always going on about value are mainly concerned with price and never the two shall meet.

Either way though the Fujitsu is still considered the best avaliable panel out there in the marketplace by the majority of dealers and the customers that want the best (Some of which do not even stock the Fujitsu I might add)

So if you were to give a percentage, how far behind the Fuji are Pio/Pana?

Does that mean that the commercial Panasonic plasmas, that don't come with speakers, don't have this strip, and thus don't have the blemish?

.....new Model(see other thread) due mid-year that should fix a lot of the minor issues with the current Model. The aggressive pricing within a week of there release last August indicated a desire by Panasonic to offload Production run as quickly as possibe. The reason for this varies depending on who you talk to but there are plenty of conspiracy theories out there.

Cheers

'Brain'

Edited by Brian Washed

bloody hell theres always something about a plasma that holds it back. If its not black levels its stupid bezels.... oh well NEC looking like the one

Yes that's right Obitus, buy the NEC because the bezel is nicer, good to see your PQ evaluation skills are on the improve :blink::P:P

Buy the way, which panels have you had a look at so far?

Curious

I must confess Mr Independent, I am a little confused...

How can Fujitsu be the best Plasma on the market (according to the majority of dealers and customers) if they no longer make their own panels? Assuming Fuji are sourcing their panels from another major manufacturer like (say) Panasonic, wouldn't that make Fuji/Pana the best Plasma on the market? :P

Be the best of both worlds in that case. In fact Club Fuji and the Pan Clan could combine and rule the Plasma world! moo ha ha

Curious

Quality maybe something but versatility is everything.

What people have missed by far is the next revolution which is HTPC.

Bigpond have announced an online movie service which is another stage in Home Movie experience.

A STB is only as good as what FTA produces and in more cases its crap.

A Widescreen should be looked at as a monitor and forget the digital FTA tuner, its not the way of the future.

The best STB will on capture a limited experience.

Technology is moving global not local therefore why invest in a product with limited capacity.

Plasma and LCD panels display a reasonable quality viewing to the naked eye.

Whats more important is content, therefore as I see it and in many cases if a program is worth watching via foxtel with SD broadcast as opposed to a HD broadcast from FTA with crap content, the chances are people will watch whats entertaining not how its transmitted.

Anyone who spends truck loads of money on a STB and PVR to gain substandard content is mad.

If we look at a broader content delivery thats future not some glorified STB delivering 5 channels.

You're still trying to ride the same wave as the 50" Fuji. You really need to add the 'IMHO' label to some of your wild claims and opinions. Newbies and people like Obitus will start believing what you are saying.

You're still trying to ride the same wave as the 50" Fuji. You really need to add the 'IMHO' label to some of your wild claims and opinions. Newbies and people like Obitus will start believing what you are saying.

Good call cummo

Some poeple just dont get it. The "best quality" to one person isn't necessarily the "best quality" to another.

Club fuji may not be all that it is cracked up to be IMHO.

Nothing wild about my claims, because they are my opinions :P

Not riding any wave here....not interested in what is trendy or what everyone else does, just trying to put accross my point of view...albeit everything I said I can back up and is correct.

However, I will take note of the Orbitus bit , the last thing I want to do is get him going again :blink:

Wasted your hard earned ona Fuji and become a bit touchy hey - common trait of Fuji owners around here.

The new Pio and Pana are ahead of the Fuji in contrast and black levels - don't ask a fuji ownere which is best, most of them (other than Obitus) have "I paid far too much" blinkers on.

No money wasted here, couldn't be happier...

When someone makes ludicrous, unfounded and incorrect remarks they are asking to be shot down in flames I think and I am more than happy to oblige :P

I can assure you that if the Pio or the Pana was superior in PQ accross the board to the Fuji I would purchase one in a second, but the Fuji is still way ahead of them both as far as I am concerned and I am not the only one who thinks so.

Keep in mind that black levels are not the only reason I purchased the Fuji for (but even in the blacks department it is better than most I looked at) nor actually even the main reason.

You can throw technical specs back an forth and keep saying "but this panel has better specs than this one" , but that is a poinless exercise because specs alone mean nothing....but visual testing does, PQ is a lot more that contrast ratio and black levels you know.

I purchased the Fuji because of its standout PQ and visually comparing it to countless other panels before I made my choice and I am still happy to this day that I did and rest assured that I am extremely fussy and fickled when I purchase.

With groundbreaking, innovative features like the AVM 2 chip and superior PQ. IMHO it is still better than anything else out there in the marketplace at the moment.

I might also add that I own a Fuji US 42" model with an Alis panel.

So if you were to give a percentage, how far behind the Fuji are Pio/Pana?

:blink::P

Who cares about percentages anyway, buy what you like...just don't talk dribble like the other poster I responded to did.

When someone makes ludicrous, unfounded and incorrect remarks they are asking to be shot down in flames I think and I am more than happy to oblige :blink:

I can assure you that if the Pio or the Pana was superior in PQ accross the board to the Fuji I would purchase one in a second, but the Fuji is still way ahead of them both as far as I am concerned and i am not the only one who thinks so.

Keep in mind that black levels are not the only reason I purchased the Fuji for (but even in the blacks department it is better than most I looked at) nor actually even the main reason.

You can trow technical specs back an forth and keep saying but this panel has better specs than this one , but that is a poinless exercise because specs alone mean nothing....but visual testing does

I purchased the Fuji because of its standout PQ and visually comparing it to countless other panels before I made my choice and I am still happy to this day that I did and rest assured that I am extremely fussy and fickled when I purchase.

With groundbreaking, innovative features like the AVM 2 chip and superior PQ. IMHO it is still better than anything else out there in the marketplace at the moment.

Dosn't Fuji use Pana glass now?

If you are happy spend twice as much for little to no difference in PQ than away you go no-one stopped you from doing so but don't tell us that your Fuji is "far better" than any other as I very much doubt they are.

Edited by ejm

If you are happy spend twice as much for little to no difference in PQ than away you go no-one stopped you from doing so but don't tell us that your Fuji is "far better" than any other as I very much doubt they are.

The 50" Fujitsu's have used Panasonic glass for several generations.

They are certainly not twice as expensive as the Panasonic - please don't exagerate, hyperboyle does nothing for the logic of your point.

Many of the current or recent gen panels are very close and it comes down to personal preference so how about we leave it at that?

Howabout, we get this thread back on track.....talking about Pana v NEC?

I liked the PQ on the Panasonic but hated the huge bezel, especially the styling. More importantly it instantly failed the WAF. That said it is a great panel - just not my cup of tea.

The new generation NEC look very good on paper - I haven't seen one first to comment otherwise yet. Pricing certainly appear competitive, I know of one IT store selling the new 50" for $5.5K for members of a certain Australian Internet Forum. I quite liked the previous generation of NEC panels but my wife hated the gunmetal bezel.

If I had to choose between the two now I'd go NEC 50".

Who knows what the next gen Panasonic will be like? By all accounts the bezel is small for a start.

Fuji 50" uses Pana glass .. and I'm not sure, but I think the 42" uses Hitachi glass (Hitachi owns most of Fuji now I think too).

Best PQ can sometimes be compared to which car do you think is best.... really depends on the person.

I think the Fuji is a great panel and has a kick-ass internal processor ... the pana has deep blacks... the pio has great colours .... the new NEC 42 has a lot of the Pio technology inside, with possibly a better scaler...

IMHO I prefer the NEC to the Fuji ... the fuji looks softer but smoother .. the NEC is sharper but more grainy.... NEC IMHO has better blacks too .... I saw the Fuji 50" and NEC 42" side by side.....

I haven't been able to see the pana and NEC side by side... I think pana has a good picture... but I have came out feeling more impressed with the NEC than the pana on a few occasions... what makes it hard is not been able to see them side by side.....

however I believe anyone who buys either a panasonic, Fuji or NEC should not be dissapointed.... well at least most people shouldn't....

When someone makes ludicrous, unfounded and incorrect remarks they are asking to be shot down in flames I think and I am more than happy to oblige :P

I can assure you that if the Pio or the Pana was superior in PQ accross the board to the Fuji I would purchase one in a second, but the Fuji is still way ahead of them both as far as I am concerned and I am not the only one who thinks so.

You can throw technical specs back an forth and keep saying "but this panel has better specs than this one" , but that is a poinless exercise because specs alone mean nothing....but visual testing does, PQ is a lot more that contrast ratio and black levels you know.

I might also add that I own a Fuji US 42" model with an Alis panel.

:blink::P

Who cares about percentages anyway, buy what you like...just don't talk dribble like the other poster I responded to did.

Well you were quick to dismiss the notion that the Pio/Pana are 99% the Fuji, so you must have some idea.

Personally, the idea that the Fuji is any more than an insignificant notch above is hard to beleive.

Wasted your hard earned ona Fuji and become a bit touchy hey - common trait of Fuji owners around here.

The new Pio and Pana are ahead of the Fuji in contrast and black levels - don't ask a fuji ownere which is best, most of them (other than Obitus) have "I paid far too much" blinkers on.

If we valued your option that would of hurt................it didnt.

I laugh at some of the posts honestly. the way people portray how much better one plasmas is vs the another or how much worse one is vs the other.

If we're talkign current top tier brand plasma fuji, pio, pana, hitachi - with a bit of effort put into them in calibration to give a natural picture and really then we're just talking subtle differences between them. I'd be happy with either really.

Now only one I haven't seen is the NEC but nothign suggests to me its goign ot be somethign ground breaking to blow all the others away. Improvments with this stuff is incremental not revolutionary as some are making out.

And the main thing with the NEC which no one has mentioned yet is the deredded judder at 60hz or solarisation at 50hz that plagued the previous model. What is to say the new model does nto have those same issues. Haven't read any confirmation of that aspect.

And yes the fuji 50" has pana glass. the fuji 42" hitachi glass. NEC ? yeah nothign to say it does not have pio glass.

And no hitachi does not own fuji. Hitachi has full ownership of the previously hitachi/fuji owned plasma manufacturing business. Fuji now just use other peoples glass for their own brand plasmas.