New Panasonic Plasma Models in 6-8weeks

Was in retravsion today and the salesman told me that Panasonic is coming out with a new model in 6-8weeks time.

HE gave me a price of $4750 for the 50" before telling me that information...I asked him I cant beleive how cheap the Panasonics are getting, thats when he told me why........Panasonic is overstocked with current models and have told all retailers to start selling them at huge discounted prices to make room for the new model coming very very soon. Give it a couple more weeks and i reckon i'll pick one up for under $4500 easily... he told me yo come back in a couple of weeks :blink:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Panasonic usually release their new models in August. Why woud they release a new model 6 months after the current release, and for $1,000 cheaper? Doesn't seem like a particularly good business model to me.

I don't think that JohnZA was saying a new Panasonic would be $4500 - I think he mean't that the salesman was refering to the curent model.

I was also told by a HN salesman yesterday (so it must be true!) that Panasonic will be bringing out a new model soon.

He offered the 42 inch 500A for $3700 including 5 year warranty.

No mention of new models on Panasonic's USA website.

Not sure that seeing the Pana US site will necessarily inform us what’s coming here next, but anyway here is a link to Panasonic USA Consumer Electronics Pressroom. (Don’t know how long this link will last)

Can not quote it here ‘cause it’s copyright.

Panasonic Affirms Its Industry-Leading Position With Introduction Of 2006 Plasma Line-Up

UK www.avforums.com is a better guide to what we may likely to see coming here, but I notice they're still not sure what they are getting.

Not sure that seeing the Pana US site will necessarily inform us what’s coming here next, but anyway here is a link to Panasonic USA Consumer Electronics Pressroom. (Don’t know how long this link will last)

Panasonic Affirms Its Industry-Leading Position With Introduction Of 2006 Plasma Line-Up

UK www.avforums.com is a better guide to what we may likely to see coming here, but I notice they're still not sure what they are getting.

Copyright just means that you cant write it claiming it is your material. Any written material is copyright to the author (Yes, even the drivel informed comment we write on this forum - whether we would enforce it is another matter :blink: ). You dont have to actually 'claim' copyright for the material to be protected.

Reproduction from a public website with credit to the original link will not be an issue, especially where the information is not reproduced for profit).

J.

Panasonic usually release their new models in August. Why woud they release a new model 6 months after the current release

Because the soccer world cup is in June and they'll have a big promotion regarding this.

Also, going by aqua's press release from panasonic, their spring is our autumn, therefore the salesman i talked to was right on the money.

yes wyno19 is correct, i was reffering to the current model

Was in retravsion today and the salesman told me that Panasonic is coming out with a new model in 6-8weeks time.

HE gave me a price of $4750 for the 50" before telling me that information...I asked him I cant beleive how cheap the Panasonics are getting, thats when he told me why........Panasonic is overstocked with current models and have told all retailers to start selling them at huge discounted prices to make room for the new model coming very very soon. Give it a couple more weeks and i reckon i'll pick one up for under $4500 easily... he told me yo come back in a couple of weeks :blink:

Thanks for the information. I just placed an order for the Viera 50" from retravision. I guess I have to cancel the order and wait a little longer.

Copyright just means that you cant write it claiming it is your material. Any written material is copyright to the author (Yes, even the drivel informed comment we write on this forum - whether we would enforce it is another matter :blink: ). You dont have to actually 'claim' copyright for the material to be protected.

Reproduction from a public website with credit to the original link will not be an issue, especially where the information is not reproduced for profit).

Playing it safe, mate, that’s all.

Trying ever so hard to keep within the guidelines of the Forum.

Mr DBA Coral has written Jan 2005: http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?s=&show...ndpost&p=140185

Again April 2005:

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?s=&show...ndpost&p=174735

argh so frustrating... just bought 42" 500A 4 days ago and paid $3800 POO!!!

Don't be frustrated . You seem to have got a good price and its a good monitor which should give you a lot of enjoyment. There will always be new models coming out and who knows when the new Panasonic will be released in Aussie. By the way which STB did you get for the 500A?

Guest madfonzy1503560434
argh so frustrating... just bought 42" 500A 4 days ago and paid $3800 POO!!!

You beat me I got mine 3 days ago for the same price inluding extended warranty. I am not to worried either about it being superceded. There are new models coming out every year so it is expected to be obsolete. But as a display it is simply has supurb PQ and I am very happy with it.

I beat everyone!!!!!

I bought my 42" 500A on Saturday afternoon for $4,000 exactly. It includes extended warranty and 24 months interest free.

I came home, had a bite to eat, kicked back and then jumped on this forum. What did I find? New Pana models thread!!! Oh well. :blink:

I also got the Pio 510 HD-STB for $600, a JVC AV Receiver and JBL speaker pack for $1,300. Don't get me started on the cables I was gonna purchase. Yikes!!!

It all gets hooked up Monday night. Can't wait!!!

:P

Don't be frustrated . You seem to have got a good price and its a good monitor which should give you a lot of enjoyment. There will always be new models coming out and who knows when the new Panasonic will be released in Aussie. By the way which STB did you get for the 500A?

Very true. I am very happy with the purchase.

I got the LG LST-5100P.

the quality of the picture is very good but I think it could be a little bit more user friendly. it takes too long to change channels

Just to cheer you all up.

I bought the 50" a month after it was released last year (booked it in September, and had to wait till Oct to get it), and paid $5,725 (a bargain at the time).

But I have loved every second of it and don't regret paying out all that extra money. I was so tired of waiting for them to get cheaper. And only a year before I bought, a 50" pio or Fuji were $12K plus.

But when the new model comes out, if the PQ is a big improvement on the current model, AND it's cheaper, I'll probably have a small dummy spit.

For all of you buying, don't forget to run your plasma's in, and congrats, you'll love it.

interesting....i'm on the verge of buying the 500A since i got a really good deal ($3600 including 5 year warranty) and then i read on the AVS forums about the 06 model line up

i emailed panasonic and they told me that the new models are not due until much later in the year but now i read they are due in 6-8 weeks

not sure who to believe......

interesting....i'm on the verge of buying the 500A since i got a really good deal ($3600 including 5 year warranty) and then i read on the AVS forums about the 06 model line up

i emailed panasonic and they told me that the new models are not due until much later in the year but now i read they are due in 6-8 weeks

THE SOCCER WORLD CUP in Germany is massive worldwide event, its 'THE WORLD GAME!!!!'

Why would panasonic release them after this event? 6-8weeks cant wait :blink:

Just to cheer you all up.

I bought the 50" a month after it was released last year (booked it in September, and had to wait till Oct to get it), and paid $5,725 (a bargain at the time).

But I have loved every second of it and don't regret paying out all that extra money. I was so tired of waiting for them to get cheaper. And only a year before I bought, a 50" pio or Fuji were $12K plus.

But when the new model comes out, if the PQ is a big improvement on the current model, AND it's cheaper, I'll probably have a small dummy spit.

For all of you buying, don't forget to run your plasma's in, and congrats, you'll love it.

Hi Typhoon:

I am about to purchase a new Plasma, just wondering what you mean by run your plasma's in, and congrats?

I think it is most likely that the 06 model be released in june or july 2006. they always release US models prior AUS models.