Sign in to follow this  
unomysteez

the 'official' everything XBOX 360 thread

From the MS FAQ -

Frequently asked questions

* Why does Xbox 360 only support 16GB of storage, even though I have a much larger device?

Supporting USB storage devices up to 16GB in size is a huge increase in storage over any solid state memory storage solutions currently available for Xbox 360. Users that need more storage have options in the Xbox 360 hard drives, which are available for purchase separately.

*Performance of non-Xbox 360 branded USB Flash Drives will vary based on quality, speed, and performance of the specific drive. Some may not provide a recommended level of performance. The system will recognize up to 16GB of available space on a connected device, even if the drive is larger in size.

Why would they allow you to use any old HDD that is lets say potentially 500Gb when that directly competes with the "pissy" 20Gb, 60Gb, 120Gb and now 250Gb (oh wow) drives MS sell at a HUGE rip off price? You're restricted to the 16Gb for a reason and it has NOTHING to do with, as MS says, performance.

I guess that's why there are a few websites I read about where they offer a xbox hard drive "hack".

I assume the MS hard drives uses a special different format enabling the xbox to view them above 16GB?

Edited by Ps3Tony

I assume the MS hard drives uses a special different format enabling the xbox to view them above 16GB?

You can buy "kits" from http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.30826 that enable you to use any old HDD. BUT I have read lots of good stories about these types of devices and in equal spades lots of bad reviews. It's one of those comme ci, comme ça things.

You can buy "kits" from http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.30826 that enable you to use any old HDD. BUT I have read lots of good stories about these types of devices and in equal spades lots of bad reviews. It's one of those comme ci, comme ça things.

But with the latest system update last week, I just want to plug the hard drive into the USB port.

But with the latest system update last week, I just want to plug the hard drive into the USB port.

Yep you can. But it will only use 16Gb of that drive for your MarketPlace stuff, saves etc. You won't get (lets say) 500Gb to play with. Only 16Gb.

Gidday,

As I'm finding I'm playing my PS3 95% of the time my XBOX 360 Elite is languishing in my entertainment unit unloved. This XBOX 360 was purchased from Gametraders Highpoint, Maribyrnong primarily to play Gears Of War 2. With that done I see no point in hanging onto it given I also get very little time to play games these days (Word to the wise - don't grow older if you can help it!).

So:

Console

---------

XBOX 360 Elite (Black) - The one with the better Motherboard that fixed the Red Ring Of Death issue (Cant remember the technical designation for this board - Jasper?)

2 Wireless Black Controllers

Wireless LAN Adapter

120Gig

HDMI Cable

Power Pack etc

Completely unmodified and unmolested

Usage - At best 30 hours - straight from box to entertainment unit never moved.

Box, Manuals, Plastics, Original Receipt (I believe it's still under warranty but I can find out the purchase date for interested parties)

Games

--------

Forza III Collectors Edition

Mass Effect 1 / Pre-Order Bonus Disk (+ Game Guide)

Mass Effect 2 Collectors Edition (+ Game Guide)

Bayonetta Collectors Edition (Big Box with Replica Bayonetta Gun)

Gears Of War 1 Collectors Edition

Gears Of War 2 Collectors Edition

Halo 3 Collectors Edition

Chromehounds

Fable II Collectors Edition (+ Collectors Game Guide Hardcover)

Monopoly

Everything is in pristine condition. As anyone who has bought anything from me from the forum I keep all my gear in "as new" condition as I am a fastidious game collector. I don't sell what I wouldn't buy myself.

Price - $1000:00AUD Firm. Pickup Only (Melbourne).

Cheers

Blade

Anyone know about port forwarding on the xbox?

I play fifa10 alot, does anyone know what port numbers to open for best connection?

Question:

I Just bought a Xbox 360 Elite and want to hook it up to my Sony Bravia using HDMI,

Can I use a Generic HDMI Cable such as ' EZYHD' or

the Xbox 360 HDMI Cable $59.95, It seems A bit steep in price?

Any suggestions on other options would be appreciated

Thank You.

Wrong section,moved to trade section.

Edited by whitey66

Question:

I Just bought a Xbox 360 Elite and want to hook it up to my Sony Bravia using HDMI,

Can I use a Generic HDMI Cable such as ' EZYHD' or

the Xbox 360 HDMI Cable $59.95, It seems A bit steep in price?

Any suggestions on other options would be appreciated

Thank You.

Generic is fine

Generic is fine

Thanks "davep" Ordered EzyHD cable, should be in the mail soon

Hi All,

Original 360 for sale (Non-HDMI Out). Has 120GB HD / WiFi Adapter / 2 Wireless Controllers (2 x Recharge Batteries + Cable) / HD DVD Add On / Full size Media Remote & Small Remote / Wired Headset / HD Component Output Cable.

Please PM with serious offers only. I'm not giving it away. It's in perfect working order, has been serviced. It has only been retired because I'm an upgrade whore that held out for long enough until the 360s showed up! =). It's been well looked after and kept in near new condition.

Available for drop off or Melbourne pick-up. I shudder to think what postage would be (Given the weight of everything), but if you're willing I'll send it...

Thanks guys...

didn't know where else to put this, or even if it's a special

so rt edwards this saturday / sunday 11th / 12th september

1st Birthday celebrations

4 only in store

oxley qld store only

new xbox 360 slim, included black controller and headset, plus 3 bonus games, pure, lego batman, and some other game and a controller charger for $419

see :)

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?act=att...st&id=10137

Edited by mcduck

Thought I would let fellow vbox users know that the Kinect attachment is due out early November and will retail for $199.

on boys Christmas list

an X360 controller for the PC

Help? :)

I know they say they want one, but do they really want one? I wouldnt swap a kbd for a gamepad for most PC games, unless they're quite young and just want to play arcady type games....

I'm not being facetious duck but your entire wifi network is "N"?

being totally clueless, our network as i see it is that the router on top of the kitchen cupboard feeds through to the Sons comp and he runs everything :D

but i'll get him to double check it's what He wants, Thankyou ^_^

oh, and i'm pretty sure he only wants this to play Halo Reach with his friends :)

Edited by mcduck

oh, and i'm pretty sure he only wants this to play Halo Reach with his friends :)

In that case you don't need the 'N' adapter. If all your devices are 'N' then it is the way to go but if just one thing is lets say 'G' then everything will run at 'G'. Everything will drop down to the lowest speed.

Although if you can pick up an 'N' adaptor cheap I'd grab it.

In that case you don't need the 'N' adapter. If all your devices are 'N' then it is the way to go but if just one thing is lets say 'G' then everything will run at 'G'. Everything will drop down to the lowest speed.

Although if you can pick up an 'N' adaptor cheap I'd grab it.

he said he knows and it's ok ^_^

you try buying something a 23 year old might want :rolleyes:

all's good, just need stock

and i do appreciate all the help i do get here, Thankyou all ^_^

23? buy him a suitcase and boot him out of the house already :P

23? buy him a suitcase and boot him out of the house already :P

and into the waiting arms of his GF? :o

and into the waiting arms of his GF? :o

Hell my oldest (eldest?) just turned 8.

His hardest decision was "The Dinosaur book....or the Monster book?" :lol: