Greeting from a new member

BENhemian

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi.

decided to also join here because some of my australia specific questions weren't so easily answered on the other boards.

Welcome to the forum Ben. Nice to have you onboard.

Not only will we hopefully answer your Australia specific question, but you will make some local friends and possibly attend some Get-Togethers (GTG). The boys from SA are very friendly and protective of their SA brethren.

Best

JA

What sort of motorbike do you have ?

WHAT?

Always good to see other SA SNA'rs . Check out the GTG threads, you might find something that interests you, so you can come along, introduce your self and have a fun and educational time.

Can you tell us a little about what gear you have and what music-film you are into?

Wow this is quite the warm welcome, thank-you.

To answer some of the questions. I don't have a motorbike.

I'm at Flinders Uni doing a Bachelor of Arts (Majors, English & Philosophy, Minors, Screen Studies and Politics)

And I have a non-existant system at the moment, but I have some money saved and I'm ready to buy very soon;)

Well,

I might as well tos my hat in chaps.

My name is Joe up in Sinagapore just signed in as a new member in this forum today.

My love for Hifi goes all the way to 1965 when I first built my first amp out of parts from a radio set. And it has grown ever since.

Cheers

Joe

Edited by jtsamarinda

I think I'll land on the right side of the hobby (for me anyway I suspect some people would think it's the wrong side). I don't have a massive disposable income to incessantly upgrade and tweak, etc. My approach coming into this is to save as much money as I can, get the best I can reasonably afford and enjoy it as it is.

I'm coming in because I want to have a more intimate connection with music. As the importance of music grew in my life over the last fews years I've been feeling isolated in the way I consume it. So that's what really brought me to hi fi.

Besides for my own personal enjoyment I want my hi fi to be where me and my friends sit around - talking and enjoying the music, whether it's one a lazy weekday or after a night out, etc. (although that's eventually, I'm going to start with spending my money of a headphone rig, and then re-save for the speaker part - that way I get to enjoy the music sooner.

I'm doing Short Stories and Their Writers because it leaves me open to either go down the coarse of studying english, or deciding to do creative writing. So we've been doing an great mixture of Short Stories (a genre I always, wrongly deemed a lesser novel). Still teach the classics in there though, Hemingway, James Joyce, William Faulkner, Poe, etc.

Edited by BENhemian