HItachi 55" 55PD8800TA

Just visited my local hifi shop to drop my DVDO VP30 for 'testing' and I was impressed by their new Hitachi 55" on display ... showing SD Cricket on a toshiba set top box (connected via component and upscaled to 1080i) - amazing PQ even from 2.5 metres away!!! Great colour....

I was really impressed!! it blew away smaller 32 - 42" LCDs the shop had around.....

solid picture, very stable image, natural colours... and straight off the box.... he just took it out of the box and plugged it in .... not sure if Hitachi pre-calibrated it prior to sending to the shop ... but the image was truly amazing! Would love to see it with a great quality DVD ....

Pitty that size would be too big for my cabinet..... 50" max .....

how much is it?

RRP is $8,299 but there are lots of deals around I guess, since the Hitachi no longer makes a 50" ... so I imagine you could get it for 50" street prices..... around $6,500 - $7,000 ???

at the local hi fi shop he's going to put a 50" fujitsu by the side of the 55" for comparisson (he sells both brands) .... it would be good to see .. since so far the 50" Fuji has been the top and the one I'm looking at buying later this year.....

I'm also planning to hooking up the DVDO VP30 to the Hitachi and see if it makes a difference and how much of a difference .....

my goal is the largest flat screen with the best picture I get cat from 2m away ... so far the Fuji 50" was the winner....

Edited by big_marcelo