What's In Hd This Week

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Anthony,

Check out the Ch 10 HD pic in this post it shows 1440x1088@25 so its not true 1080i only Ch 9 has that.

http://www.dtvforum.info/index.php?showtop...mp;#entry540797

Chris :blink:

Ten HD switched to 1920*1080i@50Hz recently.

Nine HD is either 1920*1080i@50Hz or 1440*1080i@50Hz depending on which city you are in (both of which would be classed by the majority of people as HD).

Doh. I would've thought Bourne Identity tonight would've been HD.

Are you guys sure it isn't ? The picture is extremely good, but then again I'm only watching on a 19" LCD, so I can't really tell if it's HD

oh. . . and i'm not sure if I've said this before, but thanks anthony for your work

=)

wow! thanks for all your work on this. i was wondering where you compile the info from regarding the programming

I compile it all manually from a number of sources.

Examples of some freely available television guides on the internet that include HD information include:

www.ebroadcast.com.au

www.yourtv.com.au

Thanks for using the guide. :blink:

What's In High Definition This Week

Since joining the HDTV club 6 mnths ago at the bargain basement level (Acer AT3201W LCD display through Legend LHD2) I have been frustrated at the lack of info available re which FTA progs are in HD or widescreen. Like many noobs, I suspect, I will often watch a program that I wouldn't normally bother with just because it's in HD.

I registered as a member today mainly so I can thank you, Tony, for providing this very useful guide which I have frequently referred to and regularly print out and keep handy.

Still can't understand why the TV guides in the newspapers, or the weekly TV guide mags, don't include this essential information. :blink:

Thankyou then, for your good work in compiling the guide on a weekly basis. :D

btw: for those who are known to say "If you can't tell the difference between SD & HD then why bother with HD?"..... As those unfortunates who, like myself, purchased the LHD2, will appreciate, this box gives no indication of the source definition, & to change between HD formats requires about 20 keystrokes to navigate a clumsy menu (including PIN code). With the 2 different HD formats in use by 9/10 & ABC, and the 576P used by 7, it becomes tiresome and impractical to attempt an A/B test for each channel change.

Edit: OK, I exaggerated. Just counted the keystrokes. At least 13, not 20.

Still tiresome though.

Edited by straycat

Those movies are widescreen SD, there's nothing in there that's listed as HD.

Ahem...Yes there is..

Nine's High Definition Movies:

Charlie's Angels, Full Throttle [+ DD 5.1 audio] (Friday 23 February)

Murder At 1600 (Friday 23 February)

Daddy Day Care [+ DD 5.1 audio] (Saturday 24 February, Sydney & Brisbane only)

Just Cause (Sunday 25 February)

Black Out (Sunday 25 February)

Murder By Numbers [+DD 5.1 audio] (Friday 2 March)

Chicken Run (Saturday 3 March, Sydney & Brisbane only)

Richie Rich (Saturday 3 March, Melbourne, Adelaide & Perth only)

The Witches of Eastwick (Saturday 3 March)

The Punisher [+DD 5.1 audio] (Sunday 4 March)

Ocean's Twelve [+DD 5.1 audio] (Friday 9 March)

A Cinderella Story [+DD 5.1 audio] (Saturday 10 March)

What Women Want (Saturday 10 March)