What's In Hd This Week

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update

An updated guide, covering 29/10/06 to 05/11/06 has been posted.

It wasn't a full update, I mainly changed Saturday, as Ten has scrapped their entire lineup of 'Out of Practice', 'Monk' and 'Law and Order: Criminal Intent'.

At least they are giving a recent HD movie on Sunday (which I have added on for your weekend planning).

Silly timeslot.

And... I see that Ten are pretending Monk is returning! :D

Last time they rarely took the trouble to run it in widescreen, let alone HD!

SantaBet® Odds on Monk lasting:

One Episode - Even Money

Two Episodes - 3:1

Three Episodes - 5:1

Four Episodes - 10:1

Full Series - 100:1

Well, no-one took up the bet ... they would have got 10:1 odds, it appears, but the 100:1 remains safe again!

At least this series wasn't so great (well, a couple of eps were real lemons), so its less of a pity.

Wonder how long the movie slot will last? A week? Two? Until they have "10 Cheapest Things We've Pulled Outa Our Arse" up and running... :blink:

Maybe something went wrong? Melbourne may also have had a different feed for some strange reason. It was the first time I checked so I can't say what has happened at other times, I thought it worth mentioning but if you have seen it HD then that is proof enough to keep it on the list.

Maybe something went wrong? Melbourne may also have had a different feed for some strange reason. It was the first time I checked so I can't say what has happened at other times, I thought it worth mentioning but if you have seen it HD then that is proof enough to keep it on the list.

Watching today's broadcast of 'Medical Investigation', it is HD.

Is the Ten's Native HD sound still miles out of sync in Perth?

I think TEN Perth are having trouble, many shows that should be in HD are not. NYPD for one.

I haven't noticed any audio sync issues.

I was also disappointed that NYPD Blue and Hack were not HD, however this may be due to the delayed sport telecast. AFAIK there are no HD broadcasts coming out of TEN's Perth facilities, it is national.

Today's Red Bull Air Race broadcast was actually HD.

Thanks. Must keep an eye out for the next one!

Question - Would you consider including 576 HD and 720 HD programs in your list under those 'other' chanels? Or is it 1080 only for personal reasons? I believe even some SD programs can look OK on some panels, so surely it would be nice to see some alternatives when you dont want to watch CSI for the 327th episode? :D

Just a thought, as I assume you have the process automated! :blink:

Soon I will hopefully have a new 60" Sony and I do want to keep away from SD as much as possible. The stations are no help when SD programs are just upscaled on the HD channels at times.

Thanks for all your good work and for sharing it.

I include ABC HD programming when it is available (720p). ABC HD programming is not common at the moment, though. The next ABC HD broadcast should be 'The West Wing', starting 20th November.

576p is not included as it is not HD.

Unfortunately putting the list together each week is not an automated process, I do it all manually.

Thank you for the kind words. :blink:

Example:

Saturday Night Movie

Big Fat Liar

6.30pm – 8.30pm TEN

Saturday 18 November 2006

Genre: Comedy

Year: 2002

Rating: G

Other: Closed Captions

Widescreen

High Definition

Repeat

Duration: 120 mins

Lists it fine for me. Then again, with this great guide posted here by Anthony, why would you need anything else?